• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE: ARF YM 116622

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Finally ARF updated to 904L. Insert looking good in pics (photoshop and lighting tricks), but IRL we will need TomRep PPM. They use SH, wish it was VR. As usual for ARF, the date font is horrendous.

For blue, I will take the ARF. For Rhodium, I am still choosing Noob (Amazing rehaut, great SELs, post COVID bracelets are very high quality and they are using VR with great DW)

Reactions: vcappp

Beemer913

9/10/17
Finally ARF updated to 904L. Insert looking good in pics (photoshop and lighting tricks), but IRL we will need TomRep PPM. They use SH, wish it was VR. As usual for ARF, the date font is horrendous.

For blue, I will take the ARF. For Rhodium, I am still choosing Noob (Amazing rehaut, great SELs, post COVID bracelets are very high quality and they are using VR with great DW)

Yea tomrep does it up but I’m excited to see how well this looks in person

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Where did you see that Noob bro?

Saccs

Horology Curious
19/10/19

Interring take. Would like your opinion (and others) on grey dial new arf vs, noob but factor in I have a gen datewheel and a xtal upgrade. Would noob or arf be the better overall base for those upgrades?

srhoque

28/11/18
Interring take. Would like your opinion (and others) on grey dial new arf vs, noob but factor in I have a gen datewheel and a xtal upgrade. Would noob or arf be the better overall base for those upgrades?

Grey (Platinum) dial - Noob replicate the 16622 which has the sparkly bits in the dial. ARF replicates 116622 which is more flat/matte finish. Look up the threads, lots of info on this. I am biased towards the Noob because I like the 5 digit dial.

Saccs

Horology Curious
19/10/19
Grey (Platinum) dial - Noob replicate the 16622 which has the sparkly bits in the dial. ARF replicates 116622 which is more flat/matte finish. Look up the threads, lots of info on this. I am biased towards the Noob because I like the 5 digit dial.
The link you gave earlier links to a 116622 which is why I asked vs the new 116622 arf

thanks though

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17

Individual preference apart, wouldn't that make the noob less accurate as it's meant to be a 116622?

srhoque

28/11/18
Individual preference apart, wouldn't that make the noob less accurate as it's meant to be a 116622?

You have a good point. I don't know if Noob has recently swapped out to the 6 digit flat dial (mine was purchased in 2019 and has been frankened since then). But many Gen owners swap this sparkly dial into their 116622 (I see it on TRF all the time)

Reactions: vcappp and Tobel

Beemer913

9/10/17
You have a good point. I don't know if Noob has recently swapped out to the 6 digit flat dial (mine was purchased in 2019 and has been frankened since then). But many Gen owners swap this sparkly dial into their 116622 (I see it on TRF all the time)

Anyone planning on picking up one of these? A side by side with tomrep or gen would be interesting.

Tobel

6/7/17

Thanks mate

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
I have talked to TDs.. nobody knew anything about an update on the bezel, supposed to remain the same as on previous versions

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
I have talked to TDs.. nobody knew anything about an update on the bezel, supposed to remain the same as on previous versions

ive seen a few QC pics of the 2824 ARF and those bezels have been updated too

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

Strange... According to the video on the reddit post https://youtu.be/Ksuu9h33B3U , the crown turning direction for time adjustment is not correct.

For this ARF 116622 advertise as it uses SH super clone movement. However,
the video shows the hands are turning counter-clock-wise while the crown turns clock-wise. The hands should turn clock-wise when the crown turns clock-wise, as same as gen, if it uses SH super clone movement as it is advertised on the recent new release from ARF.

Any Rolex expert please comment?
@KJ2020

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
The reddit posted bezel insert looks aweful. Not sure if it is lighting from a wrong angle but the digits fonts are all wrong. Sticking to my Noob for Rhodium (even though it’s more of the 5 digit bezel fonts, at least its super accurate)

Last edited: