• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Sea dweller Question, first time buyer

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
I’m not sure on the rules if I am supposed to share the link to the one I purchased but Sea-Dweller 2017 Baselworld 126600 TWF Best Edition Black Dial on SS Bracelet A2836 is the one I went with.

I’m not specifically seeing a factory. Maybe I pulled the trigger on the wrong one, let me know any suggestions you have on anything I should ask or let me know if I made a rookie mistake.

ill share photos of the next one or updates from the TD

jack_sparrow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20
Are you able to tell the TD that you bought the wrong one? And change for the ARF, the best OOTB in my opinion, if you can't and all the QC pics show the wrong mag on the cyclops, you could try switching it to gen/prof or stock ARF crystal. Wouldn't recommend you going for a gen crystal on this rep though.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I’m not sure on the rules if I am supposed to share the link to the one I purchased but Sea-Dweller 2017 Baselworld 126600 TWF Best Edition Black Dial on SS Bracelet A2836 is the one I went with.

I’m not specifically seeing a factory. Maybe I pulled the trigger on the wrong one, let me know any suggestions you have on anything I should ask or let me know if I made a rookie mistake.

So you bought a cheapie but you want to compare it to the gen. Rookie move. Theres a reason why it's not priced like the noob and ARF

James2020

1/6/20

Is this what you bought ? “TWF best edition”?
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
That’s exactly the one, I thought the same thing about the 316 vs the 904, but wasn’t going to complain that it was 904

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
I didnt realize this was a "cheapie" its only like 150.00 difference from the ARF i found. when i say only, i know its like well why didnt you just pay the extra up front, i thought by doing my research the price difference was coming into play from the 316 vs the 904. I probably pulled the trigger too early even after thinking i had done enough research. I dont know if this is something they ever do, but i replied to my TD to ask if there was any chance to pay a difference to upgrade to the ARF, and that i would happily pay the difference if they were to allow that. If not, it is a lesson learned on my end, unfortunately a 350.00 lesson lol. Fingers crossed they are willing to work with me. Ill keep you posted.

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20
They were really nice about everything, and really easy to work with in regards to a swap. They just had be pay the difference via a custom order, and they are going to take care of it and make the swap for the ARF, this is the one i went with....hope i made the better choice on the second go around and after more research. Now just waiting on the QC for this. It sure isnt a quick process dealing back and forth with them, 1 email exchange per day it seems, but hey it has been exciting so far, and hopefully it works out. This was my first time posting on really any forum for anything, and you have all been cool and helpful. looking forward to diving in deeper to this hobby. My next move will be to look into waterproofing, i have read the threads, but if anyone has a link to a thread about how to find a place to waterproof dont hesitate to share it. Thanks everyone!

https://puretimewatch.io/sea-dwelle...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824-v3.html

DR Russell

Known Member
9/4/20
Glad it was resolved, this is why rwi is so great ;) welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Jr5nichols

Horology Curious
5/7/20

here is the pic of the replacement, I think it looks better and fixed the majority of the flaws I found in the original. Date looks better, red on sea dweller looks better, the 6 and 9 marker look better. Looks great to me, again I’m a rookie so maybe im missing something but, it looks way better than the first. I’d be interested to see if anyone else sees it differently, I just accepted but if you spot anything that’s a major flaw...then I guess it’s time to mod it out lol

jack_sparrow

10/4/20
Yes the ARF is sure way better. I'm a bit confused though, is this picture a direct front shot or a shot to show the cyclops/DW alignment? It looks like a direct front angle, which wouldn't the cyclops and DW be more out of alignment due to parallax error?

ALEXIS21

11/9/15
Is their a way for them to check the bezel,or should i say will most do that for you?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
It might be the angle though. The cyclops was the first thing that I saw. But I'd want to replace the crystal/datewheel... And dial on an arf anyway.

Looks much better though. 1 or more pics to scope out the angle of the cyclops anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jack_sparrow

10/4/20
Is their a way for them to check the bezel,or should i say will most do that for you?

No way you can tell except by pictures. You could request for the TD to take pics showing the pearl at different positions other than at 12, and I doubt any of them will tell you that the bezel feels very stiff or rough even if it is.

Reactions: ALEXIS21