• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Rolex watch - need help which one to buy.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
The problem here is that what op wants simply does not exist. You can't buy 500$ rep that will be the same as 10k$ gen. We could name you a couple of watches that are great reps, but still under scrutiny, they all have their flaws and they are distinguishable from gens. You got very good advice but don't want to listen to it, I think that I'd buy gen Omega or if you can't afford it gen Longines and be happy with it. If you buy any rep and go to rep fakebusters with it odds are high that you won't be able to prove it is a gen once it get questioned and you will make a fool out of yourself. People are extremely helpful to you despite that your posts really look shallow and immature.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I just want to add on, I do not own many reps, but the ones I have are what i really like and I have chosen the factory with the flaws I can live with.

Problem with your post is what many have mentioned, you cannot expect a $10k quality out of a $500 rep, but i must say for the 500 range, its on par with many low tier luxury brands. Next if you want to pass off your rep as a gen, clearly the rep hobby isn't for you. I own gens and people around me know I can afford them, wearing a rep people will not think too much about it, besides, it takes a really trained eye to spot one unless you have a digital display Rolex then that's a different scenario. If your circle of friends or business partners care about what you put on your wrist, you need new ones. You do not need to spend a bomb to own a nice watch, time to time I'll wear my gshock or apple watch and still compliments my outfit.

What I can suggest is you can appreciate the members not flaming you and giving you advice, no offence, you do sound pretty smug about yourself, no one cares what you do for a living, we are all here to enjoy the hobby of the rep game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Wait. So you’re saying that you own a lot of authentic designer clothes and bags and such. Why not sell a few of those things and buy a gen oyster perpetual or a air king or a datejust? Used one of those can be had from $2-$10k.

I know for sure that a men’s LV bag can easily cost more than $2k if we’re talking about men’s travel bags (they’re ugly af anyway). Designer clothes can easily be sold as well. Those can retain some value too.

You say you’re worried about your reputation for owning authentic “designer” (expensive) things yet you can’t afford a Rolex? You must be looking at only the modern models or rare pieces or just flat out lying. Chrono24 has vintage oyster precision’s from $2k, which costs a lot less than a LV travel bag but you can afford the LV and Prada bags and not a watch that costs less and lasts much longer and will retain more value than a bag...?

It’s not adding up bud. If you’re looking to fool anyone that knows watches pretty well, you’re gonna get called out. Unless everything on the exterior is gen parts, there will be a flaw.

If you’re wanting to buy a franken rep with gen dial, hands, bracelet, hands, bezel..etc you’re looking at around (at least) $1k+ if you can even find the parts you need. On top of that, you have to buy a rep with a clone movement what would run you about $500 and then labor.

If you can’t afford that, you probably shouldn’t spend so much money on clothes and bags. I mean, I wear nice clothes from time to time but I’ve never tried to fool anyone if they ask if my watch is real. Hell, nobody even asks.

I don’t know. Something just doesn’t add up. It’s like that fella who was doing shows or something in Vegas saying he needed a sub so he can keep his reputation or some bs.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Wait. So you’re saying that you own a lot of authentic designer clothes and bags and such. Why not sell a few of those things and buy a gen oyster perpetual or a air king or a datejust? Used one of those can be had from $2-$10k.

I know for sure that a men’s LV bag can easily cost more than $2k if we’re talking about men’s travel bags (they’re ugly af anyway). Designer clothes can easily be sold as well. Those can retain some value too.

You say you’re worried about your reputation for owning authentic “designer” (expensive) things yet you can’t afford a Rolex? You must be looking at only the modern models or rare pieces or just flat out lying. Chrono24 has vintage oyster precision’s from $2k, which costs a lot less than a LV travel bag but you can afford the LV and Prada bags and not a watch that costs less and lasts much longer and will retain more value than a bag...?

It’s not adding up bud. If you’re looking to fool anyone that knows watches pretty well, you’re gonna get called out. Unless everything on the exterior is gen parts, there will be a flaw.

If you’re wanting to buy a franken rep with gen dial, hands, bracelet, hands, bezel..etc you’re looking at around (at least) $1k+ if you can even find the parts you need. On top of that, you have to buy a rep with a clone movement what would run you about $500 and then labor.

If you can’t afford that, you probably shouldn’t spend so much money on clothes and bags. I mean, I wear nice clothes from time to time but I’ve never tried to fool anyone if they ask if my watch is real. Hell, nobody even asks.

I don’t know. Something just doesn’t add up. It’s like that fella who was doing shows or something in Vegas saying he needed a sub so he can keep his reputation or some bs.

That was RSD Derek and his all sold out through the year by the way https://www.rsdderek.com Wonder if he learnt the wait list thing from Rolex.

Guess he found the perfect rep after all.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
The perfect rep bought at some beach in thailand or turkey lol

guybythelake

13/7/14
I have very simple solution for you. Step by step.

1. Get a good quality no date black sub like ZZF so you dont have to worry about the AR on the cyclops or datewheel. Do not wear it yet.

2. Get the same thing Gen. Show it to all your friends, take some pics and post it on social media. Have a rolex party. Let everyone examine it but of course never take it off your wrist.

3. After the hype wears down sell the gen.

4. Start wearing the rep like a rock star.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
He’s starting to remind me of those social media influencers who buy designer products (bags etc), take some photos with the items for their social media pages and then return the product because they can’t actually afford the lifestyle they’re wanting to portray. I see it a lot in the industry.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
He’s starting to remind me of those social media influencers who buy designer products (bags etc), take some photos with the items for their social media pages and then return the product because they can’t actually afford the lifestyle they’re wanting to portray. I see it a lot in the industry.

I don’t think they even buy them. They prob just go in the the store, take some pics and leave.

I’m sure the employees must love those little fuckers.

Reactions: BOSSK