• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Rolex watch - need help which one to buy.

tczao

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/20
I don't know why everyone even consider saying these kind of things about me, I don't want to even show in on my insta, I think it is cringe even with real watches. I just want a nice watch from rolex, that I can enjoy.

tczao

12/4/20
kavorca, I do not know what your problem about me is. I have not done anything wrong, I just look for a rolex rep for myself?

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Most of the reps can fly by under the radar without being called out unless you post them online and expect compliments. I wore a cheap ass GMT Master II under 100 that screams rep and my friends still tell me nice watch till i told them its a rep and we had a good chat about it.

Its the image that you have that gives whatever watch you wear its personality. If you are known to be working a low paying job (not saying you are), logically a Rolex isn't within your spending abilities.

Don't get me wrong, but you specifically stated you do not want to be called out on fb groups which implicates you want to "show off". Otherwise, just do your own research on flaws you can live with or want to mod, get the watch you like and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I don't know why everyone even consider saying these kind of things about me, I don't want to even show in on my insta, I think it is cringe even with real watches. I just want a nice watch from rolex, that I can enjoy.

You need a thicker skin to play around here. You also need to hang out with different friends.
From what I read you just want the most accurate Rolex replica, regardless of the model. That’s really silly. Get what you like.
You want a replica with which you can post wrist shots and not get called out by your buddies on FB. How about just not trying to pass your rep off as gen? Why deceive anybody? As pointed out by others you can buy an old, genuine Rolex Oyster for $2k -$3k. Members here will even help you verify authenticity.

Reactions: Boj@n

tczao

12/4/20
I don't know if it is just because I am tired when I am written this, or why no one understands me. I am NOT going to showoff, when I mean I want it to pass, is if someone I know, tries on my watch, they feel sus about it, and then post it in this group. THEN I don't want my reputation to get completely ruined.

I don't want just the most accurate tucker, I want to hear what is the most accurate models - so I can take a look at which of them I like the most. it is not all rolex watches I like.

Datejust, DD, YM, GMT, and SUB, Daytona, most of them I like but my favourite are gmt's, and subs. I would never buy a watch I don't like and just because it says "Rolex"

tczao

12/4/20
With friends, I do mean those in my business which I both see as friends, as well as competitors some of them at least.
they do have a big passion for fashion, as I have and have expensive stuff as well. I just don't want them to call it.

Doc brown

1/11/17
It depends on how intelligent or refined your friends are. Because we can all tell you they will not notice that a ZZF will pass as a gen to someone not in this game, but if they know their stuff they may be able to tell from feel of bracelet, clasp, even the hole. It's a how long is a piece of string question. You won't know until you buy it and show them because you don't know how much detail they will notice or not notice. If they are in fashion and look closely at the seam of an LV bag or the cut of a Valentino shirt or the lining of a Chanel Icebox clutch, chances are they have good eyes and pay attention to detail. I would look on m2m for a franken if I were you if you really must buy a rep Rolex. At least a crystal and bracelet change/mod as a base minimum. Most people in high end fashion have eagle eyes. Because in case they doubt you, they can easily take a pic of yours and compare it with photos of a gen online and go through the details.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I think you misunderstood me, or that I did not explained it good enough.
when I say circle of friends, I mean that i have lots of friends owning a real rolex.
by myself I own a lot of stuff that not all are able to afford, designer clothing worth well over a price of an sub.
in that industry I am well known, and have a good reputation, as I sell a lot of authentic stuff and done it for years.
I looked into watches, and wanted a rolex, but I do not want to spend that much on an watch.
the only reason that I am not going to tell that my watch is an replica is.
if we pretend you are going to buy something of me, and you then saw that I was wearing a fake watch (if you are not into the replica game) then you would think bad about this seller, and do not look professional in front of others eyes. I am able to afford a gen rolex if I really need to, but I rather want to spend them on something else.

do you smell that?

something doesn’t pass the sniff test.

the most convincing way to pull off a replica Rolex is to have a replica in a collection of gens.

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
It might have been a good idea for you to post this thread in the flame free section.

tczao

12/4/20
xky didn't know I could do that, it was first post on here.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
You want to buy a fake Rolex, but will be wearing it in situations where you believe there to be a high likelihood that you will be called out for having bought a fake Rolex. The thing is, if you can't afford one, then it's going to draw attention and is even more likely to be called out.

Some suggestions:

1. Change your circle of friends
2. If suggestion 1 is not possible, then don't buy a fake Rolex
3. If suggestion 2 is not possible, and you have to buy a fake Rolex, then don't stick photos of it online and invite "Rolex Fakebuster" to examine your fake Rolex
4. If suggestion 3 is not possible, then learn not to care what anyone else thinks or says about your choice in watches
5. If suggestion 4 is not possible, then just flat out lie and swear blind to everyone it's a gen. This could well lead to suggestion 1 happening, and then you can live happily with your watch and without unwelcome scrutiny

Hope that helps.

Oh bravo bloody well said

Seele7

Horology Curious
17/6/20
You want to buy a fake Rolex, but will be wearing it in situations where you believe there to be a high likelihood that you will be called out for having bought a fake Rolex. The thing is, if you can't afford one, then it's going to draw attention and is even more likely to be called out.

Some suggestions:

1. Change your circle of friends
2. If suggestion 1 is not possible, then don't buy a fake Rolex
3. If suggestion 2 is not possible, and you have to buy a fake Rolex, then don't stick photos of it online and invite "Rolex Fakebuster" to examine your fake Rolex
4. If suggestion 3 is not possible, then learn not to care what anyone else thinks or says about your choice in watches
5. If suggestion 4 is not possible, then just flat out lie and swear blind to everyone it's a gen. This could well lead to suggestion 1 happening, and then you can live happily with your watch and without unwelcome scrutiny

Hope that helps.

i learned so much, just from that LOL

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
7Jpbi.jpg

Reactions: p0pperini

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
If the only thing that bothers you is being called out? And don’t mind what which watch you wear, as others have already said you should look at buying a vintage DJ you can find something that looks good on eBay or Chrono24 for around $2500, or a vintage watch in general, Or buy a brand new DJ36 for around £5650. The question you have asked and the way you have asked it, can you see that some people may see it as coming across as being shallow?

Many members on these forums buy reps because of the way they look and as a hobby, and not just concerned with impressing others, buying a watch because of the way it makes you feel. Obviously there are people that are only concerned with impressing others, but I think most members do not have those concerns here, that’s more a place for other networking platforms.

Many have skills and those watchmaking skills that take years to learn. If you take the time to read through the many threads here you will see how members build watches just from a case upwards, it kind of an art in it self, point being is, these are among the sort of people that seeing your thread, and have seen this type of question many times before, and they have also been mocked.

You may even find yourself getting more into the forum over time and talking up the hobby more seriously in the future, and seeing and understanding how your question has come across the way it has from some of the responses you have had on this occasion in a different way, after gaining more knowledge.

As for now, have a look at the vintage DJ’s, then maybe head over to the Rolex website and configure a DJ36 they start at around £5650 or an Oyster Perpepetual, I think they start at around £4000.

I’ve only been a member on the forums for about 1 year, I knew nothing, didn’t know ARF from BP. Ive really enjoyed being part of these forums and learning. So as I said you may find yourself appreciating and understanding the forum in a different way in the future. Don’t take some of the comments to heart. You never know we may see as a top watchmaker that we are all sending are watches too!

A quick edit to my post, as you mentioned worrying about being robbed as this is something I worry about as well living in London. Maybe just wear the watch for your photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Hi everybody

I am looking for the best option available for Rolex watch, which is not callable.
I am in a circle of friends, were they are very nitpicky about authentic or not.
I own a lot of designer by myself, as I am a lot into fashion but rolex is just too high price for me to be able to buy one.
this is why I need advice for best watch possible, even if it goes through a legit check on Facebook group
I live in Denmark, and there is a group called rolex fakebuster with a lot of knowledgeable guys about rolex. and want it to pass, through on pictures, as I don't want to be embarrassed with comments like "this is a fake watch etc"

the mechanism inside the watch does not matter at all, only the look at it, at picture, in real life etc.

I Hope some of you guys are able to help me out

appreciate all help I can get.

Thanks!

Lol. Maybe just tell them you forgot to wear your watch that day pal.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
With friends, I do mean those in my business which I both see as friends, as well as competitors some of them at least.
they do have a big passion for fashion, as I have and have expensive stuff as well. I just don't want them to call it.

Easy solution - don't get a Rolex. Best known, most faked, most likely to get called out. Get a gen Omega, Breitling or IWC - there's many models in the 3k-5k range (grey market, of course). Forgot to mention: those are without a waiting list, too.

Last edited: