• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V2 LN review from a rep newbie! (With a few questions at the end)

Chew22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Hi all,

I’ve been browsing this forum for the last month while I decided which rep to go for and this is my first post :)

Anyway, I went for a ZZF V2 LN.

My experience with gen Rolex’s is quite limited and my hands on experience stops with the 16610.

However I own a few genuine watches from the likes of Breitling so have some comparison to what a quality Swiss watch should be like.

So I’m going to give my opinion of this watch from someone that has an eye for quality, but not directly comparing to a genuine sub. Also I don’t like to look at my watches through magnification, so this will be based on looking at it with the naked eye. (I’ve great eye sight)

Firstly, I bought from Chazing Time. The watch took exactly 3 weeks to arrive. I was quite impressed with this with the current issues in the world. All I would say is the QC pics were not super high quality compared to what I’ve seen from the likes of JTime. Great coms and the watch came in a very secure plastic box. The watch was covered in plastic, but it was really easy and quite satisfying to remove. It did not leave any residue on the watch.

Down to business....

The main concern people seem to have about the ZZF V2 is the famed dimple. Just looking at the watch normally I cannot see it. However if you move the dial back and forth over a bright light it is visible. If I owned a genuine Rolex and it was like this, I would not be concerned. Maybe I got super lucky, or maybe peoples high res photos exaggerate it, but to me, it looks great.

Another thing people talk about is the bracelet not quite being up to the standard of other factories. Not having a direct comparison, I am super pleased with the bracelet and I would not let this put you off. The fit and finish is exceptional, there is no play in the links and the pins removed with the correct amount of pressure. The SEL fit better than my gen Breitling. As for the clasp, the spring loaded release catch seems perfect, I would not change that, however the securing flap over the top could possibly feel a little more positive when you clip it down. There is no play in it however, and I don’t see it would come unlatched.
The glide lock pretty good. I’m very happy with how it works, however I imagine a genuine one would glide a bit smoother. It’s every so slightly sticky but not something I’m worried about or disappointed with. It locks down perfectly.

I’ve read that the crowns on reps can feel a little grindy when being unscrewed. This crown feels great and very smooth. Not quite as smooth as my Breitling, but absolutely happy here. There is a little wobble when the crown is fully extended, but hopefully this isn’t a big deal and I hope the movement last a me a while.

The datewheel is perfectly aligned and looks very crisp to me even under the cyclops.

The dial, to the naked eye, looks totally perfect with the lume colour on the dial matching the hands. Rehaut is very aligned, I won't say perfect as it’s fractionally out, but I’d be happy with this on a gen.

Now there are 3 issues that I can see with the watch which I think are more QC issues than design issues. Also if anyone knows of anyone on this forum that could help rectify these issues, that would be awesome.

Firstly the cyclops is slightly misaligned. I could see this in my QC photos, but I took a punt as everything else looks great. It’s not super annoying, but would love to have this fixed if possible.

Secondly the minute hand, despite looking great is bent downward. Luckily it just misses the hour hand and it looks as if it get within a hairs breath of the indices. I’m hoping this doesn’t develop into an issue where it catches on anything and causes an issues to the movement. Again, if anyone can fix this, please let me know!

Lastly and probably the most annoying, the bezel. The bezel aligns very well and it feels great to turn with hardly any backward movement. However the bezel sits slightly proud of the crystal. It’s not easy to see, but very noticeable when you rub your thumb over it you can feel it and it is quite a sharp edge. In fact if I run my finger nail over the crystal and bezel, it will shave some nail off quite easily.

I know that the bezel is sitting on springs and I know gen subs can have a little play here. However when I push the bezel down it sits perfectly just below the crystal. Is this normal on the ZZF or is there something that can be done to bring the bezel down to where it should be?

All in all, I’ll give this watch an 8.5/10 with a 9/10 if these small QC issues were fixable.

Happy to answer any questions. I’ve not uploaded any photos as there are many on here and the 3 issues I’ve mentioned don’t seem to photo very well on a smartphone.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Why? It's a legitimate review remarking on the details of how his rep turned out, and just happens to have a question at the end, it's not like it's "plz what is best sub and TD???"

I was saying so to be sarcastic on this forum's general hostility towards low post count members...... As what you have seen on my posts this afternoon, I have been a little heated and certainly not in a good mood. Now, please forgive me.

Reactions: saucin

James2020

1/6/20
Hi all,

I’ve been browsing this forum for the last month while I decided which rep to go for and this is my first post :)

Anyway, I went for a ZZF V2 LN.

My experience with gen Rolex’s is quite limited and my hands on experience stops with the 16610.

However I own a few genuine watches from the likes of Breitling so have some comparison to what a quality Swiss watch should be like.

So I’m going to give my opinion of this watch from someone that has an eye for quality, but not directly comparing to a genuine sub. Also I don’t like to look at my watches through magnification, so this will be based on looking at it with the naked eye. (I’ve great eye sight)

Firstly, I bought from Chazing Time. The watch took exactly 3 weeks to arrive. I was quite impressed with this with the current issues in the world. All I would say is the QC pics were not super high quality compared to what I’ve seen from the likes of JTime. Great coms and the watch came in a very secure plastic box. The watch was covered in plastic, but it was really easy and quite satisfying to remove. It did not leave any residue on the watch.

Down to business....

The main concern people seem to have about the ZZF V2 is the famed dimple. Just looking at the watch normally I cannot see it. However if you move the dial back and forth over a bright light it is visible. If I owned a genuine Rolex and it was like this, I would not be concerned. Maybe I got super lucky, or maybe peoples high res photos exaggerate it, but to me, it looks great.

Another thing people talk about is the bracelet not quite being up to the standard of other factories. Not having a direct comparison, I am super pleased with the bracelet and I would not let this put you off. The fit and finish is exceptional, there is no play in the links and the pins removed with the correct amount of pressure. The SEL fit better than my gen Breitling. As for the clasp, the spring loaded release catch seems perfect, I would not change that, however the securing flap over the top could possibly feel a little more positive when you clip it down. There is no play in it however, and I don’t see it would come unlatched.
The glide lock pretty good. I’m very happy with how it works, however I imagine a genuine one would glide a bit smoother. It’s every so slightly sticky but not something I’m worried about or disappointed with. It locks down perfectly.

I’ve read that the crowns on reps can feel a little grindy when being unscrewed. This crown feels great and very smooth. Not quite as smooth as my Breitling, but absolutely happy here. There is a little wobble when the crown is fully extended, but hopefully this isn’t a big deal and I hope the movement last a me a while.

The datewheel is perfectly aligned and looks very crisp to me even under the cyclops.

The dial, to the naked eye, looks totally perfect with the lume colour on the dial matching the hands. Rehaut is very aligned, I won't say perfect as it’s fractionally out, but I’d be happy with this on a gen.

Now there are 3 issues that I can see with the watch which I think are more QC issues than design issues. Also if anyone knows of anyone on this forum that could help rectify these issues, that would be awesome.

Firstly the cyclops is slightly misaligned. I could see this in my QC photos, but I took a punt as everything else looks great. It’s not super annoying, but would love to have this fixed if possible.

Secondly the minute hand, despite looking great is bent downward. Luckily it just misses the hour hand and it looks as if it get within a hairs breath of the indices. I’m hoping this doesn’t develop into an issue where it catches on anything and causes an issues to the movement. Again, if anyone can fix this, please let me know!

Lastly and probably the most annoying, the bezel. The bezel aligns very well and it feels great to turn with hardly any backward movement. However the bezel sits slightly proud of the crystal. It’s not easy to see, but very noticeable when you rub your thumb over it you can feel it and it is quite a sharp edge. In fact if I run my finger nail over the crystal and bezel, it will shave some nail off quite easily.

I know that the bezel is sitting on springs and I know gen subs can have a little play here. However when I push the bezel down it sits perfectly just below the crystal. Is this normal on the ZZF or is there something that can be done to bring the bezel down to where it should be?

All in all, I’ll give this watch an 8.5/10 with a 9/10 if these small QC issues were fixable.

Happy to answer any questions. I’ve not uploaded any photos as there are many on here and the 3 issues I’ve mentioned don’t seem to photo very well on a smartphone.

Thanks for the review! To clarify, you are talking about the 116610 and not the 16610 as mentioned in your post? Which movement did you get?

Mine also has the cyclops issue and the cyclops is little bit offset to the left. Is yours the same too?

Mine has no issue with the minute hand and bezel. Btw, does the ‘X’ of the ROLEX on the dial has the big ‘right foot’? Mine has that. it’s not obvious at wrist height but I can’t unsee it when I scrutinise the dial with a loupe... LOL

Despite the flaws, I agree it’s a pretty good rep. Enjoy the watch and your stay in the forum!

Last edited:
Reactions: DR Russell

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks Chew22 for the detailed post and feedback. It's great to see new members contributing.

As mentioned by p0pperini , I'd love to see some pics of your new beauty.

​​​​​​​Welcome to RWI

Chew22

9/6/20
Thanks for the review! To clarify, you are talking about the 116610 and not the 16610 as mentioned in your post? Which movement did you get?

Mine also has the cyclops issue and the cyclops is little bit offset to the left. Is yours the same too?

Mine has no issue with the minute hand and bezel. Btw, does the ‘X’ of the ROLEX on the dial has the big ‘right foot’? Mine has that. it’s not obvious at wrist height but I can’t unsee it when I scrutinise the dial with a loupe... LOL

Despite the flaws, I agree it’s a pretty good rep. Enjoy the watch and your stay in the forum!

Thanks guys!!

Yes it's the 116610 with the super clone 3135. Link here: https://chazingtime06.co/products/s...zf-904l-11-best-edition-ss-bracelet-sa3135-v2

The cyclops is a little left yes and it looks like it's possibly rotated counter clockwise about a degree. I'm not a high fan of date displays anyway, so in hindsight I would have bought the no date I think.

I would say there it a bit of a foot on the X, thanks for bringing this to my attention, ha!

I'll add some photos and take a video to show the super springy bezel tomorrow evening. :)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Thanks guys!!

Yes it's the 116610 with the super clone 3135. Link here: https://chazingtime06.co/products/s...zf-904l-11-best-edition-ss-bracelet-sa3135-v2

The cyclops is a little left yes and it looks like it's possibly rotated counter clockwise about a degree. I'm not a high fan of date displays anyway, so in hindsight I would have bought the no date I think.

I would say there it a bit of a foot on the X, thanks for bringing this to my attention, ha!

I'll add some photos and take a video to show the super springy bezel tomorrow evening. :)

Yes pics please and you can do as I did and just buy them both the date and the no date. If you own them both they are quite a different watches to wear.

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Pics would take this review to the next level but thanks anyhow. Enjoy the zzf

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
First and foremost this was a great post for a new member. Listen to [mention]p0pperini [/mention]and ignore any negativity!

The main concern people seem to have about the ZZF V2 is the famed dimple. Just looking at the watch normally I cannot see it.
I completely agree here. This is a minor issue to me. I don’t even notice it.

Another thing people talk about is the bracelet not quite being up to the standard of other factories. Not having a direct comparison, I am super pleased with the bracelet and I would not let this put you off.
Yes, the bracelet is well made. Is it as good as my ARF bracelet.... ehhh maybe a very close second. But like you mentioned you need to actually have an ARF in hand to experience the quality. IMHO it’s not worth it for it for a member to upgrade/change unless they are fixated on this particular aspect of the watch. Some people try and just swap the clasp as they are content with the bracelet itself.

These should be easy fixes for any of the watchmakers here on RWI can help you with. You can find them in the appropriate section of the forum. If you are CONUS based, I’d suggest [mention]oascom [/mention] or [mention]misiekped [/mention]

Lastly and probably the most annoying, the bezel. The bezel aligns very well and it feels great to turn with hardly any backward movement. However the bezel sits slightly proud of the crystal.
The above watchmakers might be able to help with this as well, but as others have hinted “a picture is worth a thousand words”. It’s hard for me to say without seeing the actual issue.

Thanks for a great post, hope I was able to help you out... Enjoy your new watch and wear it well! Welcome to the rep world - it’s a fun and exciting hobby/addiction lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DR Russell

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
First and foremost this was a great post for a new member. Listen to [mention]p0pperini [/mention]and ignore any negativity!

I completely agree here. This is a minor issue to me. I don’t even notice it.

Yes, the bracelet is well made. Is it as good as my ARF bracelet.... ehhh maybe a very close second. But like you mentioned you need to actually have an ARF in hand to experience the quality. IMHO it’s not worth it for it for a member to upgrade/change unless they are fixated on this particular aspect of the watch. Some people try and just swap the clasp as they are content with the bracelet itself.

These should be easy fixes for any of the watchmakers here on RWI can help you with. You can find them in the appropriate section of the forum. If you are CONUS based, I’d suggest [mention]oascom [/mention] or [mention]misiekped [/mention]

The above watchmakers might be able to help with this as well, but as others have hinted “a picture is worth a thousand words”. It’s hard for me to say without seeing the actual issue.

Thanks for a great post, hope I was able to help you out... Enjoy your new watch and wear it well! Welcome to the rep world - it’s a fun and exciting hobby/addiction lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What many people doesn't realise is the QC with reps is very inconsistent so you can have two very opposite reviews of the same watch. I have two ZZF V2-s one has very good bracelet/clasp and the other so bad I ordered a new one. Previously I had an ARV v3 with a safety clasp that barely closed.

Reactions: James2020

Chew22

9/6/20
https://ibb.co/mqpG5yF[/image]
[img] [url]https://ibb.co/2Zw8WxS[/url] [/image]
[img]https://ibb.co/MCHpDFr [/image]
[img]https://ibb.co/XjnrcQ4 [/image]
[img]https://ibb.co/37xDzST [/image]
[img]https://ibb.co/xqXS0zr [/image]

Chew22

9/6/20
Hi Everyone, I seem to be struggling to get my images to display onto the page, as you can see in the above post. If someone could help me with that, that would be awesome!!

The images show the slightly bent minute hand, the springy raised bezel which can be pushed down to make it flush with the crystal, and the wonky cyclops, which doesn't look too bad in the photo.

I'm based in the UK, so would be great to find someone to help with some of these issues who is based here.

In regards to the bezel being stiff, I find mine to be easy and smooth to move. Maybe that's because it's raised higher than it should?

Is there no way to edit my posts? I would like to add my images to my first post.