• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dumb question but...

alexjustdoit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/13
Hey guys,

I got a noob (I think, at least) sub way way way back, long enough ago that I can't find the M2M thread anymore. I think it's noob, but could be wrong, and I have no idea what version. I cracked the pearl and need to replace the bezel (also, the number markers from back then were not nearly as good) and just want to know if sub ceramic bezels fit on all sub reps regardless of factory or version. I would assume so... but i've been away for quite some time and don't know if there have been minute changes to the case set or bezel or anything, so I'd really appreciate some clarification here before I just go buying bezel inserts...

As an aside, I'd also appreciate any suggestions on where to get a decent ceramic bezel insert. I could always go thru the TD's I guess, but if I'm just getting the insert and nothing else, it's kind of a pain as far as shipping and wait time go.

Thanks all... sorry, I tried to search...

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Get a CF bezel if they're still available, it will fit if you indeed have a noob

alexjustdoit

8/6/13
So, you did your research. What have you found?

Nothing definitive, but it seems like the bezel assembly hasn't changed, but not because anyone explicitly said so or tried it, only because I'm not seeing anyone state that some bezels won't fit. Basically, no one talking about it gives me the impression that any bezel will work, but I was hoping someone who had actually done bezel swaps / works on subs could confirm.

Get a CF bezel if they're still available, it will fit if you indeed have a noob

Are you implying that if it is not noob, a CF bezel won't fit? Which would imply that not all bezels fit all factory models / versions?

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Nothing definitive, but it seems like the bezel assembly hasn't changed, but not because anyone explicitly said so or tried it, only because I'm not seeing anyone state that some bezels won't fit. Basically, no one talking about it gives me the impression that any bezel will work, but I was hoping someone who had actually done bezel swaps / works on subs could confirm.

Are you implying that if it is not noob, a CF bezel won't fit? Which would imply that not all bezels fit all factory models / versions?

The CF bezel is the best in the market which should be made to fit popular models.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

CF insert is the best rep insert.
It is gen spec, means it is friction-fitted, so direct swap for noob v10.
Older noob version had glued bezel insert and you can still install CF insert, just need to glue it in on the noob bezel.

Reactions: James2020

alexjustdoit

8/6/13
CF insert is the best rep insert.
It is gen spec, means it is friction-fitted, so direct swap for noob v10.
Older noob version had glued bezel insert and you can still install CF insert, just need to glue it in on the noob bezel.

Good to know about the glue, thank you. I will hit it with the hair dryer or something to geti off.

Honestly, if a CF bezel is about $160, I might just buy a whole new zzf v2 or noob v10, as I'm sure they're much better than my current noob overall. These new versions are pretty incredible.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Yea not sure how good you watch is but the latest reps are not shabby at all.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
So, you did your research. What have you found?
In the defense of statements like this. The search function isn't working properly. I searched for several topics I know exist and the search showed nothing newer than a thread in 2017. Ive seen others express similar issues.

Unless it's been fixed in the past few days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: watchoself

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
In the defense of statements like this. The search function isn't working properly. I searched for several topics I know exist and the search showed nothing newer than a thread in 2017. Ive seen others express similar issues.

Well, you can research that way, or like me and many others who have gone through several hundred pages of information.

alexjustdoit

8/6/13
Well, you can research that way, or like me and many others who have gone through several hundred pages of information.

I think you misunderstand him. Hard to research when searching returns only a few results, despite using a search term that should turn up quite a bit.

The recent malfunction of search makes a lot of sense now, as I've been noticing very few search results for a variety of very broad searches.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I agree about the search engine. I've tried to use to find out about specific Rolex models and stuff from 2006 pops up. But i know if i ask ill get tongue lashed for not doing enough research. So i continue to read thru threads hoping to come across some answers.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
To your question tho, you could buy new old stock from any TD for about the same as replacing the bezel. Or even a new v10 is on sale now

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20

Well crap. I was wondering why some of the stuff I was trying to investigate wasn't showing much. Looks like I'm scrolling through pages tonight. Good to know

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The search function of the site isn’t its strong point. The best way to search is with Google. Just put “RWI’ as the first word in the search field.