• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time keeping

Vdante25

Looking Around
30/6/20
Hi guys I just ordered a zzf-v2 from chazingtime im super excited ???? does anyone know how well these keep time. What kind of +/- am I looking at with these im just curious.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Rep movements can be regulated. I tinker with mine a lot and usually get them to about +2 s/d which is by intent. Rep movements are generally not as good as gen regarding accuracy throughout the various positions (face up, face down, crown up/down, etc.)

Nithux88

Horology Curious
16/11/18
Mine is currently at +8, should I do something about it?
it doesnt really bother me but reading this makes me a bit worried.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If it doesn't bother you leave it alone. It doesn't harm the watch in any significant way to be a little fast. Theoretically the parts will dry out and wear faster in an infinitesimal way, though having to reset the time more frequently because it is off could wear out the cheap rep parts sooner like the crown, tube, stem, and keyless works. I keep many of my reps on winders to avoid these issues.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Mine is currently at +8, should I do something about it?
it doesnt really bother me but reading this makes me a bit worried.

Leave it alone. Mean By Seiko are +15-25. If you get it serviced make sure to let the watchmaker know your goal. A good amplitude means more to me than vph. I am super happy at -+10 or -10.

Reactions: Nithux88

Nithux88

Horology Curious
16/11/18
Leave it alone. Mean By Seiko are +15-25. If you get it serviced make sure to let the watchmaker know your goal. A good amplitude means more to me than vph. I am super happy at -+10 or -10.

Once I get it serviced, where should I rather get it done? Gen dealer or someone on the forum?
It‘s a Noob V8 with a cloned movement so in theory it should be the same as gen right?

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Once I get it serviced, where should I rather get it done? Gen dealer or someone on the forum?
It‘s a Noob V8 with a cloned movement so in theory it should be the same as gen right?
I use the forum. oascom does a great job for servicing my watches.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaleM and Nithux88