• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Purchased ARF DJ 41 126334 a2824

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
Hey Guys I just purchased this Rep from pure time and I would like to know how I can source some gen parts because I would like to replace with Gen Hands, Crystal and Datewheel. I searched and really have had no luck. I’m in the US East Coast. Thanks.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Congrats on your purchase mate. How exciting right?

For Gen parts like crystal and d/w, try PM interaktiv or Sub007

They are two of the few gen parts suppliers in the forum

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMG2099

EVIGHT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/20
NYC
Late to the party but can vouch for Sub007! Bought a Daytona with gen parts from him and he was an absolute pleasure to deal with!

Tony12345

29/5/20
Not 100% sure if you can put gen hands & DW on a DJ with a2824 - don’t you need a Rolex clone movement for that?

im pretty new to this so maybe someone can answer this who got more knowledge.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
interaktiv For the DJ41, he is the most experienced watch maker. He has the parts and can install/mod them all. check out his work in the DJ41 thread.

d.anhaeusser

Horology Curious
13/3/20
This Parts are from Interaktiv !

Reliable salesman
3a1091ac78156249598cf6f334cd8470.plist

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
interaktiv For the DJ41, he is the most experienced watch maker. He has the parts and can install/mod them all. check out his work in the DJ41 thread.

Thanks, l actually reach out and squared things away to get a couple of things done. Right after we spoke I got an email from the AD saying the watch is back ordered so I’m still waiting on QC pics smh.

bc1221

30/4/14
You won’t be able to do too much franken-ing on a A2824 movement.

You can put a gen dial on it but that would need the feet cut and dial dots to mount. There’s actually a few nice DJII dials on eBay that’s pretty cheap for what it is. $400 or so.

Gen hands could be put on there but that would need some VERY delicate work on the mounting because the pinion sizes are not gonna work. You can still get decent hands if you go with gen Tudor hands.

Datewheel, you can prob just use the one that’s already on there. No point in trying to use a overlay with a gen datewheel. I mean you can but I don’t think it’s worth it.

You can get a gen crystal but that’s not gonna be cheap.

Gen crown... maybe I’m not a 100% sure about that one since I’ve never tried it on a eta stem. I guess you could get a SH3135 or gen stem and get a stem extender on it. Then you would need the tube to go with it.

Gen bracelet wouldn’t be cheap either. Sure, they are better quality than the reps but I don’t think it’s worth $1000+

That’s pretty much all you can do with a 2824 movement DJII.

Personally, I would just get a gen dial and Tudor hands or just sell it and get the one with a clone movement so you can mod the hell out of it but once you start that, it’s gonna be a very expensive addiction. Hehe.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
You won’t be able to do too much franken-ing on a A2824 movement.

You can put a gen dial on it but that would need the feet cut and dial dots to mount. There’s actually a few nice DJII dials on eBay that’s pretty cheap for what it is. $400 or so.

Gen hands could be put on there but that would need some VERY delicate work on the mounting because the pinion sizes are not gonna work. You can still get decent hands if you go with gen Tudor hands.

Datewheel, you can prob just use the one that’s already on there. No point in trying to use a overlay with a gen datewheel. I mean you can but I don’t think it’s worth it.

You can get a gen crystal but that’s not gonna be cheap.

Gen crown... maybe I’m not a 100% sure about that one since I’ve never tried it on a eta stem. I guess you could get a SH3135 or gen stem and get a stem extender on it. Then you would need the tube to go with it.

Gen bracelet wouldn’t be cheap either. Sure, they are better quality than the reps but I don’t think it’s worth $1000+

That’s pretty much all you can do with a 2824 movement DJII.

Personally, I would just get a gen dial and Tudor hands or just sell it and get the one with a clone movement so you can mod the hell out of it but once you start that, it’s gonna be a very expensive addiction. Hehe.

Good luck

I don’t want to go that crazy lol I have a decent rotation of watches and it’ll be kept in a winder, in reality I know for a fact I wanted to do Gen Crystal and date wheel. I was also contemplating a dial but form what I was reading the black and rhodium are closest to gen. The hands I’ve seen that the ones that come ootb are just fine. Maybe if I decide to switch the dial but gen Crystal, DW and maybe dial. Thanks for the info it was very educational for me.

Tony12345

29/5/20
Gen dial, hands, crystal, DW and crown on a ARF DJ41. Also has gen ETA 2824.

Awesome watch! great work.
the perfect Franken watch for me and with this movement, the best of two worlds.
but is it an overlay on the DW or how did it work?

srhoque

28/11/18
Awesome watch! great work.
the perfect Franken watch for me and with this movement, the best of two worlds.
but is it an overlay on the DW or how did it work?

My Modder was able to put in the gen 3235 DW (not overlay). Needed some work.

Reactions: Tony12345

bc1221

30/4/14
My Modder was able to put in the gen 3235 DW (not overlay). Needed some work.

You may have a clone movement if he could make a gen datewheel fit. They have completely different positions and teeth.

I think the datewheels needs to be sanded to fit right and not get the dial too tall bc the 2824 doesn’t have a very high clearance for the hands. I’m sure they’re using the H4 pinion set but still. With a gen datewheel used as an overlay, it would be too tall for the hands to clear so sanding would have to be done for both datewheels.

Hopefully, the eta base datewheel can be sanded thin enough so that not too much needs to be sanded off of the gen datewheel.

I still wouldn’t do it though. Sanding a $150 datewheel that could easily go wrong with just one slip.. I would pass and get one with a clone movement. Those can take gen datewheels and majority of gen parts without too much work.

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
I just got my QC pictures and the date wheel is still terrible, I approved since I’m replacing it but that’s crazy how bad it is.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
You may have a clone movement if he could make a gen datewheel fit. They have completely different positions and teeth.

I think the datewheels needs to be sanded to fit right and not get the dial too tall bc the 2824 doesn’t have a very high clearance for the hands. I’m sure they’re using the H4 pinion set but still. With a gen datewheel used as an overlay, it would be too tall for the hands to clear so sanding would have to be done for both datewheels.

Hopefully, the eta base datewheel can be sanded thin enough so that not too much needs to be sanded off of the gen datewheel.

I still wouldn’t do it though. Sanding a $150 datewheel that could easily go wrong with just one slip.. I would pass and get one with a clone movement. Those can take gen datewheels and majority of gen parts without too much work.
Kind of right, but those movements are crap. And the gen datewheel mod on A2824 is done all the time by several modders on RWI. Besides, the modder takes the risk of breaking the datewheel, so you won't pay five of them if he breaks them.