• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BATMAN VRF vs V9 vs Gen

Alessandro

6/3/09
I agree it's a very versatile watch on the Jubilee, however, i wore mine to the beach a couple of times, and it does NOT go with shorts :) Imo its mostly a dress/travel piece. The sub it's much more at home in a casual environment

Beautiful on the wrist,
What version is this?

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Here’s my VRF Batman with Prof Xtal and aftermarket bezel. The best of all worlds imho.

7h1ns.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Good insert! Nice build, do you mind sharing the details in the insert?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
OldNavitimer
Hey there i'm trying to find a 116519 aftermarket daytona bezel, and that website has one that seems too good to be true, how did you order? Do you think that what you got was as advertised in the pictures of the website? Seems kinda fishy to me because they only have 1 pic per item, and that's bugging me

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
OldNavitimer
Hey there i'm trying to find a 116519 aftermarket daytona bezel, and that website has one that seems too good to be true, how did you order? Do you think that what you got was as advertised in the pictures of the website? Seems kinda fishy to me because they only have 1 pic per item, and that's bugging me

Why not a Clean Bezel? Or even a Noob v3 bezel? Both are known quantities and better than the v2 bezel you have with non-serif R’s. There’s always one or two v3 Noob bezels showing up in the Watch Parts section, and they are just as good as a Clean Bezel at anything less than a 5X macro magnification. Just my two cents...

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Why not a Clean Bezel? Or even a Noob v3 bezel? Both are known quantities and better than the v2 bezel you have with non-serif R’s. There’s always one or two v3 Noob bezels showing up in the Watch Parts section, and they are just as good as a Clean Bezel at anything less than a 5X macro magnification. Just my two cents...

Sorry, i wasn't clear enough, i was referring to a metallic 116519 bezel, here, this is the link to a post i wrote today, if you could give me some insights i would really welcome them. https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...al-discussion/9068185-is-this-a-legit-website

i'm aware that regarding ceramic bezels CF is the king atm, and i would definitely go for it if i was looking for a ceramic bezel, but i wanted to go for a 116519 "old style" look, so i would have used a metallic bezel, and the ones that noob does now are quite crap.

Thanks!

JK2087

Horology Curious
26/5/20
It's from WatchesParts.com - $100 plus shipping out of Florida.

Could you do this same mod with Prof Xtal & Insert from watchparts.com with a GMF v3?

I am about to copy you and do the same thing but I have a GMF V3.

Thanks for the input that looks great.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
Could you do this same mod with Prof Xtal & Insert from watchparts.com with a GMF v3?

I am about to copy you and do the same thing but I have a GMF V3.

Thanks for the input that looks great.

The GMF v3 insert is very good ootb, you may not need any other insert. The watchparts insert is also looks great but I think it may be wiser to stick to the GMF v3 and wait for Spongebob version (he is working on it now). Or maybe go for CF if they release one.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The GMF v3 insert is very good ootb, you may not need any other insert. The watchparts insert is also looks great but I think it may be wiser to stick to the GMF v3 and wait for Spongebob version (he is working on it now). Or maybe go for CF if they release one.

Engravings GMF are orrible!

srhoque

28/11/18
Engravings GMF are orrible!

I also don’t like it (engraving plus wrong 1 serif font) but it’s the best in the lot. Plus the paint color at least resembles silver. Wish the first batch noob v10 was still in production, that’s the one to get.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I also don’t like it (engraving plus wrong 1 serif font) but it’s the best in the lot. Plus the paint color at least resembles silver. Wish the first batch noob v10 was still in production, that’s the one to get.

Bro we hope in ARF or CF ;-)

srhoque

28/11/18
Bro we hope in ARF or CF ;-)

Spongebob is working on a custom Batman insert now (spoke to him) He claims perfect colors and no speed bump transition. That's the only one that is real now.

He told me Pepsi will be next.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
T

THe platinum plating is very nicely done on the GMF v3.

I’ll tell you what, based on my experience with GMF, they’re a mad sleeper when it comes to Rolex. I don’t think they’re a big factory and you don’t hear a lot about their models but when you get them in hand, they’re very impressive renditions of whatever model it is and impressive in every way.

they’re like an up and coming VSF/ARF hybrid factory. It’s factories like this (and ZZF... and CF months ago) that are really stepping up and innovating in this business which is forcing noob and ARF to keep pushing.

wed still be dealing with time-bombs if it wasn’t for factories like these.

SHsquared

Looking Around
10/7/20
Thanks for this review, as someone new to the hobby I must say it was super informative and helpful!

Reactions: KSwatches