• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BATMAN VRF vs V9 vs Gen

James2020

1/6/20
I have the GMF (ICHS) - and the bezel is great. The thing that I don't like about it, is the "hole" at the end of the cannon pinnion, which is capped in the Gen. My eyes are attracted to it straight away, and I cant get over it. Only worn the piece once as a result. Who knew that such a small tell could ruin my enjoyment, of what is overall, the best Batman rep out there at the moment.

Arghh, now I regret reading your post. Now I can’t unsee what I know about the hole... Ignore is bliss... LOL

Reactions: zachsdad82

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Arghh, now I regret reading your post. Now I can’t unsee what I know about the hole... Ignore is bliss... LOL

lol... I know. It hurts! And something so small stands out to me! We are spoilt by other reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James2020

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Damn ... thanks, you ruined this watch for me now as well. It's all about the details ... as long as you don't know it, you will never notice, but once you do it's over.
Almost wanted to order that watch already, but now I got another reason to wait for something "better".

James2020

1/6/20
LOL... let’s hope that the rumors that a new Batman by ZZF is true. I bet that it will be an excellent rep given ZZF’s track record

Reactions: mpx

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Thanks for sharing this interesting info! Where did you hear it from? If ZZF (and CF) can get the bezel insert right and put in a VR3186 movement, it will be a potential winner for me.

The source is close with the founders of the factories. They are working on the GMT’s now and expect release in the “near future”. They also stated they’ll be using the VR3186 movement in the watches, which is great news. I have confidence in CF as they put time and effort into their bezel R&D process. Hopefully it produces some high quality end results! Time will tell.

Reactions: 2841

James2020

1/6/20
The source is close with the founders of the factories. They are working on the GMT’s now and expect release in the “near future”. They also stated they’ll be using the VR3186 movement in the watches, which is great news. I have confidence in CF as they put time and effort into their bezel R&D process. Hopefully it produces some high quality end results! Time will tell.

Brilliant! That is indeed good news!

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
.... They are working on the GMT’s now and expect release in the “near future”...... Hopefully it produces some high quality end results! Time will tell....
It is the rep world, always a new perceived grail under the rainbow. And then there will be something not quite right on that one .... meanwhile I will continue to wear and enjoy my GMF with the ICHS that I bought back in September 2019 (v2?) .... and I recommend anyone who wants to enjoy a BLNR now to get the current GMF v3.
For around $450 it is ridiculously close to the real thing and sometimes just good as opposed to perfect is good enough ....

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Great write up :)

I have a gen 126710blnr and every time I see one of these reps the inserts just screams fake. Imo until CF or another factory does a great insert like they did with the Hulk, the Daytona and the 116610ln, there is just no point in buying one of these
Well if you know of a Rolex AD where I can get a BLNR for MSRP let me know. Until that time it is reptime for me! And to be honest I don't think many people can tell gen from rep on the wrist with any of these reps at a glance ...

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Well if you know of a Rolex AD where I can get a BLNR for MSRP let me know. Until that time it is reptime for me! And to be honest I don't think many people can tell gen from rep on the wrist with any of these reps at a glance ...

I hear you and i agree, not many people will know the difference. But my point is, there is so many reps out there that are way better and more accurate. For now that level has just not been reached for the 12 series GMT. A good example is the all black GMT from ARF, i would 100% get that instead

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I hear you and i agree, not many people will know the difference. But my point is, there is so many reps out there that are way better and more accurate. For now that level has just not been reached for the 12 series GMT. A good example is the all black GMT from ARF, i would 100% get that instead

Indeed I would get that also, it does not have to struggle with the 2-tone bezel insert, no speed bumps, etc, if I did not find it a little dull, looks a bit too much like an ordinary diver to me. I always liked the Batman/girl best, more than the Pepsi in fact. Having owned the GMF v2 since September I have been perfectly happy with it. I don't fly much so I don't need the independent hour hand, I just track three time zones with it, and the quick date set of the iCHS ETA clone is actually more useful to me than the independent hour hand of the CHS. In day to day life you -well, I- don't notice the well known defects of the v2, including the rehaut misaligment and the slightly raised crystal. What I notice most is the lack of a black hole. But I don't think it is worth getting a replacement crystal for it as a gen crystal will not fit right away. I actually have one but that is earmarked for if/when I get the V3 The GMF v3 is "good enough" for me and TBH I think it is more than good enough for most. Bezel insert colour is good, transitions are fair if you are lucky, yes the serif of the 1 is a bit off, no biggie. If you want perfect get a gen but pay over the odds which I am not prepared to do....

Of course if in the next month or two ARF or ZZF or some other factory comes out with an even better BLNR I will gladly buy that, but having seen the market over a little over a year now I think it will be a while before we get an improvement on the current GMF v3.

I have to say I do like that gen though. Maybe one day .....

kevBquick

9/10/18
What is the crystal height like on your GMF and where did you get it?

my GMF v1 looks like the V9 crystal height. however my transitions on my BLNR are perfect. no speed bumps or gaps. and my GMF pepsi v1 has a gap only under magnification on the 6. 18 is good on that.

but i have the 2836 movement. reading forums tell me noob is the best for GMT quality minus the insert but i can transfer my GMF inserts onto the noob watch.

peterchao

Renowned Member
Certified
19/3/16
Franken is still the way to go
583c5f4db0cfe030d1a1620b9716a639.jpg

36c029099e3e2f9bbe11223e02177e68.jpg

3f1f8a22b38e8b3fcd46f24e79d5d293.jpg

4dec37857b867e557aa40474944a343f.jpg

108dfc2346bc122e1188318eece1c5ae.jpg

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Franken is still the way to go [
108dfc2346bc122e1188318eece1c5ae.jpg

AMAZING build and fully agree on the franken build. Wear in good health!!

Where did you get the insert? Managed to get gen everything on a Noob v10 case (plus a VR3135 converted to VR3185 using gen parts) but the insert :rolleyes:

7Hvc1.jpg
7Huwv.jpg
7HsyK.jpg

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Noob V10 first batch is the closest representative. Unfortunately they have very few products of inserts like this. Surely Noob will have changed the supplier since the last ones are horrible.

​​​​​​​

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I say this a the time and it can't be said enough.

Not only can most people not tell on wrist, but most Rolex Owners couldn't tell.

And not only on wrist, but you could hand it to them and let them feel and look over the details and all its flaws.

Granted, if we're talking gmt's, it has to be a clone movement but most Rolex owners are just watch owners. They have a watch or two they wear and like and that's it. They don't know models and lines and details.

Again, this isn't the 0.0001% who obsess over details. I'm not talking about your average Rolex forum or rwi member but if you, see someone wearing a Rolex and handed them any top quality rep and they couldn't tell theyre not authentic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iotrap

19/3/14
I say this a the time and it can't be said enough.

Not only can most people not tell on wrist, but most Rolex Owners couldn't tell.

And not only on wrist, but you could hand it to them and let them feel and look over the details and all its flaws.

Granted, if we're talking gmt's, it has to be a clone movement but most Rolex owners are just watch owners. They have a watch or two they wear and like and that's it. They don't know models and lines and details.

Again, this isn't the 0.0001% who obsess over details. I'm not talking about your average Rolex forum or rwi member but if you, see someone wearing a Rolex and handed them any top quality rep and they couldn't tell theyre not authentic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Totally agree. I've taken reps to a local jeweler for minor repairs (not an AD) and even with me telling them not to worry if they can't fix it because it's a rep, they came back to me and said I was wrong and it is not a rep. LOL

Reactions: RiffRalf and KJ2020