• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BATMAN VRF vs V9 vs Gen

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
Thanks for the effort on the review! Very useful

My main conclusion is that the BLNR looks better on the oyster :)

Reactions: KJ2020

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Great write up :)

I have a gen 126710blnr and every time I see one of these reps the inserts just screams fake. Imo until CF or another factory does a great insert like they did with the Hulk, the Daytona and the 116610ln, there is just no point in buying one of these

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I'll keep waiting...noob v9 I think
fc2e26a4cbf6b11bbe6e9a85c6c853ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
iotrap
crystal height on GMF reps are all over the place but most are very high. I had 2 different GMF Batman and they had different height but both were way too high comparing to gen, noob, or vrf. But it can be fixed by getting a new gasket.
i still have one of GMF Batman reps. I will probably keep it until something good comes up.
I’ve heard rumor ZF will be releasing Batman but it may takes another a few months before we see anything.

Reactions: iotrap

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I'll keep waiting...noob v9 I think
fc2e26a4cbf6b11bbe6e9a85c6c853ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Numbers on the bezel have very nice thickness and shape (minus the bump on 8 and 6). But unfortunately the blue color is not even close.

srhoque

28/11/18
Numbers on the bezel have very nice thickness and shape (minus the bump on 8 and 6). But unfortunately the blue color is not even close.

+1 . Noob has great number thickness and the correct curved serif font on the 1. I think it’s the only insert that has the correct font and number thickness. Also paint on numbers is not bad. Even GMF v3 has wrong 1 font. But unfortunately Noob blue is not correct and 6/18 transitions are terrible. Spoke with Spongebob, even he is unable to remove the speed bumps after his PPM.

Spongebob is building a custom Batman insert now. Let’s hope he or CF gets it right. Until then I will go with GMF v3 insert.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Guys I keep reading but I don't understand... Wich is the "safest" movement on GMT? Is the time bomb issue fixed? Thanks

"safest" bet right now would be vr3185.
If anything breaks you can replace it with gen
​​​​​​

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Yeah, what about the 2836? Doesn't have the CHS, but should last longer or not? Replace it with a Gen would be too expensive for a rep.

Ah Yeah sorry, of course if you don't mind about the handstack go with the eta clone. In fact I have one at home and love it.
But chs wise it's the vr movement. And i did not mean to replace th Feb whole movement but only the broken parts. Nice thing is the more you replace the better the movment gets in terms of reliabilty.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
GMF has the best blue colour. Even the bezel numerals are very good. In real life the GMF bezel looks the best. GMF lume is very patchy tho and overall quality doesn’t feel as good as VRf imo

GMF (top), gen(bottom)

dafd130dc5240d2f88a04e948109616c.plist

Thanks for posting that, which raises the question if GMF will sell the insert, and does it fit on the VRF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nvgtrpete

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
For me the GMF was the nicest I’ve seen, I agree with [mention]Hazing [/mention] I was very impressed with the finishing with the case etc. Dial and markers were nice. I had the old noob & the VRF clone too, that noob was crap, the blro though is very nice:

VRF is overrated, the most convincing insert and prettiest watch IRL to my eyes was the GMF and it shows in these pics, despite the thinner letters.

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Apparently ZZF and Clean Factory are working on a Batman GMT. Based on their work with the Hulk Sub, it should be an interesting release!

shortlegs

31/5/19
CF (and by extension ZZF) and ARF are the only hopes we have of a good BLNR bezel insert. Unless Noob is prepared to do the same process for their BLNR as they did for their BLRO insert.

James2020

1/6/20
Apparently ZZF and Clean Factory are working on a Batman GMT. Based on their work with the Hulk Sub, it should be an interesting release!

Thanks for sharing this interesting info! Where did you hear it from? If ZZF (and CF) can get the bezel insert right and put in a VR3186 movement, it will be a potential winner for me. To me, the bezel is the biggest tell and a reliable movement is a must.

I was considering getting a GMF Batman but will hold out after hearing this info.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I also don't mind paying close to 700$ as the Noob costs, but for that money I expect very high quality. So a reliable movement, a decent bezel insert and also no other major flaws. I also like the BLRO, but as Rolex already has such issues with the bezel with pretty much unlimited budget, I doubt we will see a very good rep of it. But the BLNR should be possible.
By the way, I still don't get it why Rolex doesn't just glue two ceramic pieces with nicer colours together, that way they could avoid all those issues. And to be honest, most Rolex customers couldn't care less whether the insert is one piece or two pieces glued together. The could make a perfect red and a perfect blue part that way, but no, they insist on doing it in one piece and live with the crap colours.

Reactions: cwfmon

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
I have the GMF (ICHS) - and the bezel is great. The thing that I don't like about it, is the "hole" at the end of the cannon pinnion, which is capped in the Gen. My eyes are attracted to it straight away, and I cant get over it. Only worn the piece once as a result. Who knew that such a small tell could ruin my enjoyment, of what is overall, the best Batman rep out there at the moment.