• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Repair Channel breaks down a dirty 2813 Hulk on YouTube

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Watch Repair Channel Breaks down a dirty 2813 DH Gate Hulk. Then cleans and rebuilds it. And then destroys it.

the flea market seller tries to pass it off as a genuine Rolex (I don’t know whether this part is staged or not) with a box and warranty for fifty quid.

it’s pretty much what you’d expect with debris in the movement, dirt, grime, fingerprints, lubricant. It’s interesting to watch - no pun intended. We’ve come such a long way. Anyway, I thought it was a good look.

https://youtu.be/NVI3uchlto8

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20
Thanks for sharing. It’s a shame what he did to the watch at the end, regardless of whether it’s a bad replica or not...

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
the flea market seller tries to pass it off as a genuine Rolex (I don’t know whether this part is staged or not)

The opening scene is completely fake - as Mark says in the comments, this video isn’t meant to be taken too seriously.

Thanks for sharing. It’s a shame what he did to the watch at the end, regardless of whether it’s a bad replica or not...

Why is it “a shame”? He has a relatively high profile business running his YouTube/online watchmaking course. So making a show of destroying a counterfeit Roley seems perfectly in keeping with the notion of informing and entertaining. And it’s a rubbish rep - did it deserve a more dignified demise?

Last edited:
Reactions: saucin and buzz483

mascob1

6/11/16
What I learned from this vidéo is how to service and reassemble a dg 2813! Very interesting for me. I have several of this movement and find those very difficult to reassemble ...this vidéo helps !

Reactions: Screwtape

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I love this guys. Learned a ton from watching his YouTube videos. It amazes me how steady his hands are. Watching him service movements is like watching a graceful ballerina on a dance floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rj999

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
I love this guys. Learned a ton from watching his YouTube videos. It amazes me how steady his hands are. Watching him service movements is like watching a graceful ballerina on a dance floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rj999

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
What I learned from this vidéo is how to service and reassemble a dg 2813! Very interesting for me. I have several of this movement and find those very difficult to reassemble ...this vidéo helps !

This is why I enjoyed it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
I could never get a watch back together! Too many pieces to keep track of and remember where they go. But I guess once you know what each part does you put it together because it makes sense not because you are reassembling by memory.

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
The various movements (and what each factory chooses to call them) have been the steepest part of the rep learning curve for me. Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to answer my stupid questions. Watching videos like this have helped a great deal when I hear them referencing the names of various parts of the movements.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Found this video yesterday and was going to share in a new thread. Glad I did a search first.

Great learning resource. Interesting about the movements supposedly being put through machines that clean and lubricate at the same time. I wonder if the newer VS movements and assembled the same way. Or even the a2824 and 2836.

Last edited: