• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF (suspected) 3135 movement

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Recently while doing some online shopping, saw some of these on sale, in bulk on AliExpress.

Comes with blue balance spring too!

Anyone purchased them before?

#Aliexpress US $136.50 35%OFF | China clone RLX 3135 movement automatic mechanical movement men watch movement blue balance
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUIumIy

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Does this movement fit into the noob gmt 126710 pepsi? I this the one everyone talks about when saying „noob pepsi timebomb movement needs change mov to vr3185“?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Does this movement fit into the noob gmt 126710 pepsi? I this the one everyone talks about when saying „noob pepsi timebomb movement needs change mov to vr3185“?

No, it does not have the GMT module.It is for the SUB.
But you can find that movement there too

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Well no, it’s (potentially) the VR3135, as mentioned in the title and everywhere else. It doesn’t have the 3185’s GMT module.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Well it’s the vr pictured. Let’s see what you get.

Popperoni, (I tried to tag you but it didn’t work) keep us posted. Have you ordered anything since COVID? Via parcel post/ems? I just received a package today that was shipped 3/31 (80 days ago). Also a few last week that we’re shipped 65 and 70 days.

hopefully things are relatively back to normal now. Or closer to it.

the only thing is, I don’t think you can’t tell If it has the blue hairspring or not. It’s tough to tell in the pics.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
I bought one of these 3186s from a seller that is in CONUS and it was a terrible movement. I returned it. It had all the accouterments...blue hairspring, kif shock springs, good dw, even a pretty good finish, but it amped at 265 dial high and in any other position it dropped to below 220. I will not put a movement like that in a watch, nor was I going to service it and try to fix it.

One of the tells...(I think, someone chime in and I'll stand corrected) is that the VR movements have blue screws holding the date wheel seating. My VR 3135 does and I know that the 3185s that @thrillofthehunt sells has the blue screws. I think if they have steel colored screws, they are not VR. Most of the movements on eBay have steel colored screws. There is a 3135 on eBay from time to time that does have the blue screws.

I have been working with these since the early Yukis and I know that if you get away from what we know, and have tested, it is a crap shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tjc24

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Recently while doing some online shopping, saw some of these on sale, in bulk on AliExpress.

Comes with blue balance spring too!

Anyone purchased them before?

#Aliexpress US $136.50 35%OFF | China clone RLX 3135 movement automatic mechanical movement men watch movement blue balance
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUIumIy

This one does appear to have the blue screws. Let us know how it works, if you ever get it. I ordered a VR 3185 from thrillofthehunt about a month ago. No movement yet, but I remain hopeful.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I've been lucky I guess - had plenty of packages coming in from China to the UK with no real issues. It's some time since I ordered from Aliexpress tho, so we'll see - and I'll report back on what I receive, when it arrives. The good thing about buying from AliExpress is that if I'm unhappy with it, then I can return it and get a refund.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Should be fine, I ordered one off eBay last month for $129.00 and received it a week ago - it’s the real deal
c9524f134f13d89250f5054a119d6ce1.plist

60206f1ef578fa4f382544bf148afb4a.plist

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
I've been lucky I guess - had plenty of packages coming in from China to the UK with no real issues. It's some time since I ordered from Aliexpress tho, so we'll see - and I'll report back on what I receive, when it arrives. The good thing about buying from AliExpress is that if I'm unhappy with it, then I can return it and get a refund.

I have one on the way too. Didn't realise they have 3186 until someone mentioned too!

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Yes and it appears to be VR as well. Another tell is the bridge screws. The other movement have screws that almost fill up the indent in the bridges for the screws. The VR screws have smaller heads. These are VR movements...in my opinion.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yes and it appears to be VR as well. Another tell is the bridge screws. The other movement have screws that almost fill up the indent in the bridges for the screws. The VR screws have smaller heads. These are VR movements...in my opinion.
Yep, it does seem from the photographic evidence (and contribution from esteemed member Hor-Fan) that these are legit. All that remains to be seen is whether the seller consistently ships items that match the pics! But as I mentioned before, if the movement I get doesn’t match the pics, I’ll just ask for a refund.

Last edited:

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
Honestly if you think about it.

If this is a legit piece, and it fits the sub cases we have now, it might start a modding frenzy.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
If this is a legit piece, and it fits the sub cases we have now, it might start a modding frenzy.
It was a good spot by gnoelkered, but I don't think this is likely to result in a frantic slew of orders. These offers come up from time to time, then the seller's stock runs out and we're back to paying the usual £150 or so for the movement.