• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pictures of ARF SEL on ZZF v2 116610LN

Ataxin

Horology Curious
24/5/20
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share this imgur album (https://imgur.com/a/h3VSgy7) for anyone looking to buy an ARF bracelet to go with their ZZF v2 (sorry for potato phone pics but I think you can see the slight differences):

I only took pictures of the 1 o'clock lug/SEL. The SEL radius doesn't follow the lug when using the ARF SEL as shown:

s9MMJ.jpg

It's not quite as apparent depending on the angle as you can see here:

s949o.jpg

s9wKk.jpg

If you are looking to buy an ARF bracelet because you want more recessed SELs as shown in Li's excellent comparison between the Noob, ARF and ZZF subs, it won't necessarily work. I do agree that the clasp feels much better, so I have put ARF links and clasp on my ZZF SELs (which works with absolutely no issues).

It does seem that ZZF has improved how recessed their SELs are; if you compare the pics Li took (though of the ZZF v1 @ https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-nail-part-i), it appears that the ZZF v2 SELs are closer to gen:

s9uDP.jpg

I do want to note that the clasp code that came with my ZZF v2 is the lowercase "c4r" and doesn't have the liquid dial issue that I've seen raised over on r/reptime. Maybe the batch I got my one from has fixed that issue and has also improved SELs, who knows.

EDIT: embedded images for ease of reference

Last edited:
Reactions: DR Russell

JanONrwi

Horology Curious
3/6/20
So generaly it is not a good idea to buy ZZF v2 plus ARF bracelet? In which TD you bought you sub?

Ataxin

Horology Curious
24/5/20
If you think having a nicer and smoother clasp is worth the extra $ then in my opinion yes it's a good idea. If you were thinking of improving SELs it's not guaranteed that it will.

I bought the watch and bracelet from Angus at Puretime.

Last edited:

JanONrwi

Horology Curious
3/6/20
You change it by yourself or they do it and sent you already changed?

loercase

Horology Curious
11/5/20
All ZZF has to do is make a smoother clasp on their bracelet and their Submariner will be the absolute best one out there hands down.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
The radius of the SEL does not match the radius of the lug interior on gen either. The combo shown is totally within normal limits.

Reactions: KushBandit

JanONrwi

Horology Curious
3/6/20
The radius of the SEL does not match the radius of the lug interior on gen either. The combo shown is totally within normal limits.

There will be no diferences in polish? Would you be so kind and show on pic which excatly parts do you recomend to change? I’m noob.

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
The OP is raising a valid point, although with a bad example, ha..

ARF sels do not necessarily fit ZZF lugs in terms of the consistency in sel recession. I have tried 2 ARF bracelets between 3 ZZF subs and never got good fitment. However, the example shown in OP's photos actually don't look too bad.

nzkieran

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/20
Interesting. I was planning on buying the ZZF then the ARF bracelet. Thanks for the thread.

Ataxin

Horology Curious
24/5/20
The OP is raising a valid point, although with a bad example, ha..

ARF sels do not necessarily fit ZZF lugs in terms of the consistency in sel recession. I have tried 2 ARF bracelets between 3 ZZF subs and never got good fitment. However, the example shown in OP's photos actually don't look too bad.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone post zoomed in pictures of an ARF bracelet (specifically SEL) on an ZZF v2 case, so wanted to share with y'all. Good to know that mine isn't too bad; I think I still prefer the look of the ZZF one.

Sucks that you tried so many combos and it didn't work!