• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
The WWF hour dots are larger like the gen and the rotor edges look clean. The coronet logo on the crystal is terrible though.

JEEFQ.jpg
The WWF has got the movement painted gold with the 3130 and cheaper than VRF. The crystal print is a bit of an eye sore. The wrong spelling on the case back doesn't bother me on the VRF (I don't see it) and is actually quite hard in real life to first look for thr word on the CB and then find the mistake.

What other thoughts do people have with the more affordable WWF? It seems other parts are identical include the dial which is slightly off centered like the VRF.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The WWF has got the movement painted gold with the 3130 and cheaper than VRF. The crystal print is a bit of an eye sore. The wrong spelling on the case back doesn't bother me on the VRF (I don't see it) and is actually quite hard in real life to first look for thr word on the CB and then find the mistake.

What other thoughts do people have with the more affordable WWF? It seems other parts are identical include the dial which is slightly off centered like the VRF.

Looks to me like the dial ring, the rotor, and the caseback are about all that could be scavenged off the WWF to improve the VRF.

Xilikon

20/8/19
In which TD can I find the WWF version ?

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Is mentioned on the WWF thread that the WWF has the GMT hour hand (it's shorter than gen)

Reactions: KJ2020

abs10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/2/10
Hard to tell, but it also looks like the case chamfers aren't right compared to the gen and the VRF. It looks like the WWF either has no chamfer or very minimal.

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
you have to be carefull, the sides of the case are polished on this WWF version and the clasp is not rough, all this is not like gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: abs10 and KJ2020

Ajaneson

Horology Curious
24/12/18
I see puretime has already dropped the price of the VRF to bring it closer to WWF. I wonder if the competition will spur VRF on to bring a V2 Out with thr errors corrected

Ajaneson

Horology Curious
24/12/18
I see puretime has already dropped the price of the VRF to bring it closer to WWF. I wonder if the competition will spur VRF on to bring a V2 Out with the errors corrected

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I see puretime has already dropped the price of the VRF to bring it closer to WWF. I wonder if the competition will spur VRF on to bring a V2 Out with the errors corrected

Is good to see they have reduced the price for the VRF, I own the VRF so the WWF to me has more flaws which I simply will be annoyed with. The GMT hand, no chamfering on the lugs, poor logo printing on crystal they are all visual you can see straight away when you wear the watch.

I commented it before, but the "ARTSAN" typo on the case back is a very minor when I don't see it when worn and is not very easy to see in real life when there are so much text on it.

The only correction I really like VRF to change is the dial, I personally don't think is the crystal alignment on my watch (I see multiple QCs who has the same issues) but I think the dial is just 1 second off to the left. The indices supposed to bigger, but to me I am not too bothered.

Overall I am actually very impressed with this rep, even at the original price I actually think is a bit of a "bargain" when a standard sub is around the same price range.

Reactions: KJ2020

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Is good to see they have reduced the price for the VRF, I own the VRF so the WWF to me has more flaws which I simply will be annoyed with. The GMT hand, no chamfering on the lugs, poor logo printing on crystal they are all visual you can see straight away when you wear the watch.

I commented it before, but the "ARTSAN" typo on the case back is a very minor when I don't see it when worn and is not very easy to see in real life when there are so much text on it.

The only correction I really like VRF to change is the dial, I personally don't think is the crystal alignment on my watch (I see multiple QCs who has the same issues) but I think the dial is just 1 second off to the left. The indices supposed to bigger, but to me I am not too bothered.

Overall I am actually very impressed with this rep, even at the original price I actually think is a bit of a "bargain" when a standard sub is around the same price range.

Unfortunately (for you) the off-center dial issue you mentioned is a bad QC issue from the factory. Not all watches from VRF have that flaw. I recently ordered the watch from my TD and QCed altogether 4 watches. Two had perfectly centered dial and two had off-center dials. You just happen to get a bad piece.

It may console you to know that I found that it is very hard to get a perfect piece of this watch. Every piece that was presented to me had some sort of flaw. In the end I had to settle on a watch that had a perfectly centered dial but has some sort of discoloration on the bezel.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Unfortunately (for you) the off-center dial issue you mentioned is a bad QC issue from the factory. Not all watches from VRF have that flaw. I recently ordered the watch from my TD and QCed altogether 4 watches. Two had perfectly centered dial and two had off-center dials. You just happen to get a bad piece.

It may console you to know that I found that it is very hard to get a perfect piece of this watch. Every piece that was presented to me had some sort of flaw. In the end I had to settle on a watch that had a perfectly centered dial but has some sort of discoloration on the bezel.
That's great to know is not a flaw but a luck thing. Would you mind sharing photos of your watch? Inspecting mine closely is not like I can simply move the dial as there are screws screwed on to the movement. They might bit be screws as I know with the Artisan Daytona dial there wee simply dial feets.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
That's great to know is not a flaw but a luck thing. Would you mind sharing photos of your watch? Inspecting mine closely is not like I can simply move the dial as there are screws screwed on to the movement. They might bit be screws as I know with the Artisan Daytona dial there wee simply dial feets.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Thanks but sorry this photo is on an angle, not saying is not aligned but I personally can't tell.

Below (I shared before on this thread) is mine just for reference.
8c5793281f4a1743888aed1378a26ecb.jpg

Yes I know what you are talking about. Let me share with you a badly misaligned dial that i was presented.
Compared to this yours is not that bad. I personally wouldn't worry about such a minor misalignment if other parts were good.

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Yes I know what you are talking about. Let me share with you a badly misaligned dial that i was presented.
VtuS2.jpg

Compared to this yours is not that bad. I personally wouldn't worry about such a minor misalignment if other parts were good.

This is interesting, first of all the watch was shot too much from the left so is not exactly straight.

Without using the bezel as a reference point as I think it is not centered (too much to the left), the dial "seems" to be too much to the right if you adjust the bezel slightly to the right in your head. I know the dial has to aligned with the movement as you can see the holes are aligned, I wonder is it the whole movement is misaligned? But how will that be possible when the stem needs to be inserted?

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I suppose everyone pays particular attention to different parts of a watch. With your watch I feel that you have nothing to worry about. If you had not said so I don't think any one would have noticed that the crystal was slightly misaligned.

At the end of the day it is a rep and you can't expect perfection out of it. I really like this watch and I wanted a perfect piece but after going through four pieces I didn't want to push my luck any further.

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I suppose everyone pays particular attention to different parts of a watch. With your watch I feel that you have nothing to worry about. If you had not said so I don't think any one would have noticed that the crystal was slightly misaligned.

At the end of the day it is a rep and you can't expect perfection out of it. I really like this watch and I wanted a perfect piece but after going through four pieces I didn't want to push my luck any further.

I agree, I am not expecting perfection since is a rep, but to my initial that's what I like them to correct.

Also like I said before, in my option is actually not the crystal that is misaligned, is the dial (well the majority is the dial). As when I centered the bezel (using the SEL as a reference point) the crystal lines up with the bezel and the print "OYSTER PERPETUAL" lines up horizontally with the grey/charcoal main spring cage. Both the Coronet on the crystal and the bezel triangle sits on the left of the right indices at 12 o'clock