• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
was going to wait for the salmon dial 15202 but just emailed li to see if he can get one of these,pictures look great on puretime!

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
The finish is just crazy excellent for a 550$ watch. Only thing is that i would have wished that they would have deburred the rotor a little more, it seems rather rough.
Not that it really bugs me, it would just have been nice as the rest is just awesome.

rlx2020062002-14.jpg

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
The finish is just crazy excellent for a 550$ watch. Only thing is that i would have wished that they would have deburred the rotor a little more, it seems rather rough.
Not that it really bugs me, it would just have been nice as the rest is just awesome.

rlx2020062002-14.jpg
The gen edges are curved and finish by hand. I agree but also at the same time it will be too much to ask for a mass production and also given it as a rep. I would say send it to my bro Micasol for his magic if it annoys you.

I'm still sitting on the fence whether the spelling mistake bothers me. I know is the case back but such a shame and cliché at the same time.

All in all excellent piece, I don't like the gen (for its price) but for a rep at this price point is pretty fun to have.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: jb3md and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

rlx2020062002-14.jpg

Yes indeed, that looks rather bad. An hour or less with a 600 grit sanding stick would make it completely smooth. I've spent way more time than that removing rehaut engravings where they didn't belong. It would probably take the color off but IDK that those two edges being uniformly silver wouldn't still be an improvement. You could even just darken them with a black Sharpie, I color match worn aluminum insert edges that way. Alcohol removes stray marks easily so no worries about overspill onto the top. Might even find that a maroon colored edge would look good to match the reversing gears.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Throwing a random idea around, I wonder what will this look like PVD in satin finish or have the case bead blasted like the Bamford Snow trooper

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Throwing a random idea around, I wonder what will this look like PVD in satin finish or have the case bead blasted like the Bamford Snow trooper

Was wondering about that too. I think it's possible the entire SS case is slightly darker than the bracelet. If you look at PT's pics of the YG version, it's easy to tell the case is a darker shade than the bracelet. And the SS bottom is clearly darker so it would stand to reason the whole case is the same darker shade.

Reactions: vcappp

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Yes indeed, that looks rather bad. An hour or less with a 600 grit sanding stick would make it completely smooth. I've spent way more time than that removing rehaut engravings where they didn't belong. It would probably take the color off but IDK that those two edges being uniformly silver wouldn't still be an improvement. You could even just darken them with a black Sharpie, I color match worn aluminum insert edges that way. Alcohol removes stray marks easily so no worries about overspill onto the top. Might even find that a maroon colored edge would look good to match the reversing gears.

Yeah I guess this is what I am going to do. I was not sure due to the coating but using a sharpie sounds like a good idea. I guess even without it would Look definetly better smoothened out as it is stock.
​​​​​​Why do you think the clasp is of a darker grey color?
Do you think it it is achived with some kind of bead blasting or do you think they have it coated?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah I guess this is what I am going to do. I was not sure due to the coating but using a sharpie sounds like a good idea. I guess even without it would Look definetly better smoothened out as it is stock.
Do you think it it is achived with some kind of bead blasting or do you think they have it coated?

I'm sure they colored the clasp and the underside of the case (maybe the whole case) to match the gen. It's probably a form of PVD coating.

dgds88t

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/20

The gen has that finish on the clasp. You can go check out Chrono24. There is one for sale.

Sent from the RWI App

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I'm sure they colored the clasp and the underside of the case (maybe the whole case) to match the gen. It's probably a form of PVD coating.

Gen is sandblasted, and i'm pretty sure the rep is. It could be the lighting (and the sandblasting) that make it look darker (it didn't looked darker on intime pictures with their more neutral lighting)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Another "flaw" I have found is the rep does't have the 3130 in gold (or bronze) compared to the original. I guess a sharpie mod either with a gold or bronze pen would do the trick.

What do you guys think of the rotor colour? I think is bronze coloured.. not gold..