• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really wish it was balanced better - looks right justified, lol. Not a fault of the rep obviously, but may well be a dealbreaker for me.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
True, I am just finding reasons try to convince myself not to buy the watch. So far I am failing loll.
I'm buying one.. Providing is not ridiculously expensive.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Really wish it was balanced better - looks right justified, lol. Not a fault of the rep obviously, but may well be a dealbreaker for me.
I agree, when I first saw the gen the balance looked way off. For a rep I don't mind. Is pretty remarkable to have a skeleton done to a rep movement.

The case back spelling does bother me, I wonder can the OP who got the phtoos can tell their dealer and tell the factory to correct it? I assumed it is still in prototype stage as I emailed trusty and they never heard of it and Andrew is not a small time dealer.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Just wondering what to do if the movement fails. I guess simply replacing some parts with gen parts will not be a satisfying solution :/
Ouh man I can't stop looking at those pictures though. I really have weakness for that kind of skeletonized watches.

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Just wondering what to do if the movement fails. I guess simply replacing some parts with gen parts will not be a satisfying solution :/
Ouh man I can't stop looking at those pictures though. I really have weakness for that kind of skeletonized watches.

Unless the plates fail they’re all just standard vrf parts? No reason you couldn’t replace them with gen.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
This is sooooo cool, i could buy it just for the movement. It is so amazing to see a clone skeletonize movement !

Isn't this the first clone (VR) 3130 ?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is sooooo cool, i could buy it just for the movement. It is so amazing to see a clone skeletonize movement !

Isn't this the first clone (VR) 3130 ?

First one I've seen

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Unless the plates fail they’re all just standard vrf parts? No reason you couldn’t replace them with gen.

I thought other parts than the main plate would have been modiefied too but if thats the case then i am greatly relieved to get one :D

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I thought other parts than the main plate would have been modiefied too but if thats the case then i am greatly relieved to get one :D

I mean dont quote me on it, no one has one yet but it seems unlikely they have made all new parts for this. Most likely a lot of the parts are just from the vr3135.

Reactions: KJ2020

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Cool watch, you’ll never run into someone with a gen. It’s really done well, minus the spelling mistake, but it looks like a lot of effort to make and won’t be cheap.

I could never pull this off, but it is a good conversation piece.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
This movement, ZZF V2, gen hands and 114060 crystal.... hmm that would be interesting

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
beaut of a watch,shame i'm gonna go for the salmon 1502 otherwise id get this.shout out to the artsans!

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Should be out sometime next week. Priced around $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tomtank