• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Pepsi released

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I bought 2 bezels from noob, about 60€ (not trust dealers). Here is GM a cheap version with 316L steel and bezel from noob watch. Looks pretty good.
3e2651131d2fcd8f9d6dc66aca95b538.jpg

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

This is not Noob, red should be covering just the beginning of 8

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
It should be, but its like this on the later ones. Noob always make their stuff worse over time so they can fix it for the next newer and more expensive release.

I think they need one serious boycott

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It should be, but its like this on the later ones. Noob always make their stuff worse over time so they can fix it for the next newer and more expensive release.

The transition is off at 6 also, it should be dead center. The guy loading the blanks in the molding machine that night was cross-eyed and drunk too. Plus he was a noob, lol.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Crystal and cyclops is sick! Best i've seen on a rep. Insane blackhole effect and clear just like the gen!

Bezel movement feel is just like arf, feels smooth Love the dial and markers
Insert is very nice imo

Movement is feeling good, little dry. Everything working perfect
All dates are dead center
Good bracelet with smooth screws ease to do.
Clasp is a little tight but with get better while using.

Solid watch from vrf and a lovely price! If u love pepsi buy this gents!
​​

does anyone know if this version is the same watch as the 116710 LN from VRF, but with different bezel and dial? meaning, do they share the same crystal, cyclops, case?

or did VRF update those as well?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
does anyone know if this version is the same watch as the 116710 LN from VRF, but with different bezel and dial? meaning, do they share the same crystal, cyclops, case?

or did VRF update those as well?

Actually VRF was a step ahead :D:D Even their 116710 cases had 126710 imprinted in the lugs.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Agree please share dealer who has these inserts

Mate - You really want to buy that insert :( The 18 and 6 transition is one of the worst I have ever seen. Already the recent batch of Noob has bad 18 transition, in this even 6 transition is messed up. In fact the one not being used in the pic (I think it’s GMF) looks way better.

Reactions: KJ2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The insert looks like it is 2 pieces from the photo. Red and blue.

Is it just the pics or is that true?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Its 2 pieces like GMF.

My observation is that most of the visible 'join line' is actually the paint used to fill the numerals, which bleeds along the tiny gap. It can be gently scraped out with a needle.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Anatomy of a two piece insert. The white stuff is glue

6QdkP.jpg

6QXOJ.jpg

6QTzo.jpg

6Qp8D.jpg

6QlAY.jpg

Excess paint wiped off and cutouts repainted

NBMmY.jpg

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Given the process, pretty fair to say that the quality of the bezel transitions can be dramatic across versions of the same watch then?

Any experience cases of the bezel coming unglued at all?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Given the process, pretty fair to say that the quality of the bezel transitions can be dramatic across versions of the same watch then?

Any experience cases of the bezel coming unglued at all?

There's not a great deal of variation in transition points on two piece inserts within the same batch that I've seen. There really can't be because the base blue pieces and the skinny red tops are made separately and have to mate so they would all need to be pretty exact.

Unlike the Noob Pepsi which is one piece and has transition points all over the 8 in 18 even in the same batch.

I've never seen a two piece insert separate. It looks like some type of superglue from the white residue. Plenty strong stuff.

Reactions: shel504

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
There's not a great deal of variation in transition points on two piece inserts within the same batch that I've seen. There really can't be because the base blue pieces and the skinny red tops are made separately and have to mate so they would all need to be pretty exact.

Unlike the Noob Pepsi which is one piece and has transition points all over the 8 in 18 even in the same batch.

I've never seen a two piece insert separate. It looks like some type of superglue from the white residue. Plenty strong stuff.

Interesting. Thanks!