• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
KJ2020, for those interested in modding, have you seen good/reasonable after market date wheels for the 82xx, 2813/3804 and maybe the 5583? (I say maybe because the closest I can find has it and the 2813 as having the same dw)?

Reactions: vcappp

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
I was super excited when I first saw that Puretime had this on their new released. It looks pretty darn solid for a V1.0 Noob Skydweller and I for one will probably make the plunge as well and pick up the blue one when I get my paycheck this week. I also see this as being one of their watches that while might never have the correct movement, will be always a stunning looker, save for that horrible looking deco plate they think we always need to have.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020, for those interested in modding, have you seen good/reasonable after market date wheels for the 82xx, 2813/3804 and maybe the 5583? (I say maybe because the closest I can find has it and the 2813 as having the same dw)?

The native DW position on all of the DGs is identical to the native position of the ETAs. So any DW with Rolex fonts will work on a DG movement, either in the native position (like the Sky-D, the DJ41, the Exp II 42mm, etc.) or as a DWO if the numbers are shifted 1mm left to the Rolex date window position. The Sky-D would be difficult to use a DWO in because of very little room underneath the GMT wheel.

hWzks.jpg

There are plenty of reps that have ETA date windows with Rolex font datewheels. Any of those would work in a DG as far as lateral position but the DG datewheel tooth ring is shorter in height than an ETA so one would have to slice off the numbers disc from the ETA DW and reglue it to the DG DW.

BP Kermit with ETA date window position and Rolex font datewheel.

15757105102171.jpg

This DW number disc could be pulled off and attached to any DG DW and you have a nice Rolex font DG DW. Or just source an ETA/DG date disc (no tooth ring) from any vendor. I used to get rep DWOs from a couple TDs, not so much anymore. There aren't any better discs short of gen IMO.

Reactions: vcappp and Ams55557

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
He also just listed them I'm SS/ Green Dial, YG-SS/Black Dial, and YG-SS/ Gold Dial. Which the last one looks very sexy.

The green one is a DiW custom World Timer, a mod like Bamford or Blaken does. There are about 4-5 other rep color combos of this variant including a cobalt blue PVD and a black PVD case and bracelet option.

https://designa-individual.com/en/watches/world-timer

The $258 price point of the TWF's shows the true value of these reps, about $100 more than the previous DG5833 models for the bezel month indicator upgrade. Noob has bumped that up another $140 for the deco plate and a dial redesign that allows for a normal date window and a nice datewheel. It's a steep hike, but is not surprising given Noob's profit gouging since their raids a year ago. I'm OK with the Noob price, both the month indicator change feature and the date display upgrade features were exactly what this rep needed to take it to the next level.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BTW for those whose sources told them this wasn't a Noob, those sources were probably thinking about the TWF models.

Reactions: vcappp and Richidh

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Funny how the date windows look better on the reps lol, they're more narrow on the gen.
They aren't. It just the cyclops and the depth on the gen watches that sometimes makes it look like they are off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
They aren't. It just the cyclops and the depth on the gen watches that sometimes makes it look like they are off.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gen Skydweller date windows are definitely more narrow than GMT and Sub date windows. This necessitates some numerals to be condensed horizontally and there is less space between numerals on some double digit dates.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had the GEN and the date is not the same as the SUB or GMT .. Even the window seems narrower in the GEN, and the characters are different! In fact, when they handed me the Gen I thought it was fake .....: D

Repost of a previous comment from a gen owner.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Maybe a gen owner could measure their cyclops width, but assuming it's the same for the Sky-D and the Sub (bounded by white grid lines), here's a comparison

ujr85.jpg

If anything the Sky-D cyclops should be narrower so as not to interfere with the GMT wheel, which would make the date window difference even greater than depicted above.

Reactions: KrX and vcappp

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I just ordered one blue and I will do the detailed comparison fou us.

I cant make the decision on which colorway to order, my mind is telling me black, but my body is telling me blue

hopefully your picture can help me decide

Reactions: KJ2020

KrX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/20
I cant make the decision on which colorway to order, my mind is telling me black, but my body is telling me blue

hopefully your picture can help me decide

lol it was the same for me... i closed my eyes and choosen the black!!!!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I might get a TT with black dial when Noob makes one, that's a great look too.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I might get a TT with black dial when Noob makes one, that's a great look too.

IMO black looks more sexy..blue is for datejust imo..sky dweller is on datejust on steroids so black is a must IMO :)