• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

KrX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/20
Strange they would tell you that (way to sabotage your own sales). There have been Sky-Ds sold with this movement for quite some time now and I've not heard of a single one failing. It's a DG2813 (simple and reliable) with a single mod to it to drive and set a center hour wheel. I have two of them that have had no issues in almost two years now.

This is the movement

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mingzhu...-/322898140461

Looks to me like someone at PT is confusing this with all of Noob's OTHER GMT movements, which ARE not reliable, being the 2824 CHS timebombs.

I hope she's confused

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Agreed, the only ones I've replaced are ones I broke the second hand pinion on which is fairly easy to do unfortunately.

I tried 3 or 4 times to get one of those JF Daytonas, the blue dial steel bezel 116509. What a nice piece, it's always eluded me.

I had that one, but sold many moons ago. It actually had slight extruding endlinks like the gen which the current noob models miss.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I hope she's confused

IMO this statement is unqualified and incorrect. Too few people have this watch in hand to be able to make any assessment about its reliability unless one has accurate information about the movement in another model. TD staffs are often wrong about movements. All she knows is it's a Noob GMT and EVERYONE knows they are unreliable.

KrX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/20
IMO this statement is unqualified and incorrect. Too few people have this watch in hand to be able to make any assessment about its reliability unless one has accurate information about the movement in another model. TD staffs are often wrong about movements. All she knows is it's a Noob GMT and EVERYONE knows they are unreliable.

Bro, i know... I just order the black dial...

Reactions: ffuhcu

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Appeared on YouTube an hour ago. Could be the new Noob.

That's a gen bro. Some indicators on the gen are: the placement of the red triangle next to the GMT wheel, narrower date window, thicker fonts and bigger dots on the GMT wheel numbers, narrower and shorter lume plots on the hands.

The Noob looks pretty good next to it I must say. I got DHL tracking info today.

smkW5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Doc brown

1/11/17
That's a gen bro. Some indicators on the gen are: the placement of the red triangle next to the GMT wheel, narrower date window, thicker fonts on the GMT wheel numbers, narrower and shorter lume plots on the hands.

smkW5.jpg

Thanks. I might wait it out see if they come up with a white dial. I can't seem to see any on any site yet.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks. I might wait it out see if they come up with a white dial. I can't seem to see any on any site yet.

I haven't seen a white dial Noob yet either. I might be up for one of those too. There are two white gens posted in this thread. It's a great look.

Previous version rep

4oikD.jpg

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
That's a gen bro. Some indicators on the gen are: the placement of the red triangle next to the GMT wheel, narrower date window, thicker fonts and bigger dots on the GMT wheel numbers, narrower and shorter lume plots on the hands.

The Noob looks pretty good next to it I must say. I got DHL tracking info today.

smkW5.jpg

Is it weird if i say the rep dw looks more gen to me than the gen does? lol

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Should I be sending this to a friendly horologist upon receipt for oiling and such?

Make sure it's one highly competent and experienced with DG movements. The train bridge has a little pressure flange on the underside that pops the bridge up when the screws are loosened. To refit the bridge, the gear train wheel pinions must be standing perfectly straight up within their concave, loosish jewel bases. The first time I took one apart I spent THREE HOURS and failed. One of the most frustrating fiddly experiences you can have. That's why people just buy a new DG2813 when they break a second hand pinion. It CAN be mastered but it's no picnic. I would leave it alone if it's running well, maybe do a cursory cleaning and lube what can be reached while assembled.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and 234BUDs