• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
The best hope for high beat I think would be sourcing a 4813 and trying to retrofit the balance assembly, pallet fork and escape wheel to the 5833. BTW Noob didn't do anything with a 3804B, these 5833s have been around for awhile. They aren't a 3804 mod, each is a different 2813 variant.

So pretty much the “least-worst” option if you wanted to go high-beat. And hoping you’d have a stable movement once you’re done with the conversion. But, if it will work...

I wasn’t aware the 5833 version even existed. I hadn’t seen it on any other watches as it has a unique look to the upper side that you find only in the Sky-D. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Who cares which factory this watch is from! Just bcz it is from Noob doesn't make it any more gen than ARF factory. At the end of the day, look at the rep itself and judge its merits.

So far, to me, the rep looks decent. The dial layout matches gen layout quite nicely. The case shape doesn't look ridiculous. For the most part on the wrist it will look like a gen watch.

The 21600bph tells me that it will have 6 ticks per minute vs 8 so the seconds hand sweep won't be as smooth and for a Rolex that is a dead giveaway. The dial color is a rep blue. Yes a rep blue, blue that either looks like its purple, or is a washed out blue and doesn't have the dynamic range of shades of blue like a gen dial usually does. The font is not as crisp, neither it has a crystal that looks anything like gen.

But as of right now, this SkyD is the best rep example we have available! Maybe if this model does well, noob of whichever factory this is coming from, will end up making it in 904l steel.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Agree that it doesn't matter who makes this rep. There are other factories who make these models. I have two of them. Some "sources" may only know about these other models.

The second hand sweep is of no consequence to me. No one is going to mistake this rep for a gen, and the tell won't be from discerning a slightly greater stutter in the second hand.

The blue dial will look much better in my pics than any that the TDs show. The Noob Sky-D is not a BP blurple dial. It will not tend to purple in harsh light.

BP blue rep dial (same watch)
HKl15.jpg

Noob blue rep dial
M47pD.jpg

Unknown factory rep, beautiful sunburst dial no hint of purple. The Noob dial will be like this
15355592659673.jpg

Still shot of Noob Sky-D from the video. This dial is great.
4S1tc.jpg

Agree there will likely be a claimed 904L model for ~$125 more later. I won't be buying it, that's a bunch of hype IMO.

For another poster who asked about no month indicator in the QC pics, I stated in that post that the indicator was between months, and I have asked for more pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
Just got pics showing the month indicator and approved the watch. Looks like a Noob DW to me - slightly left justified, lol. It's coming DHL so shouldn't be long now.

MM8ro.jpg

MMr7J.jpg

Despite all the small issues this version may have... can't deny that it looks pretty good. Going to hold out on purchasing this until you provide some more insight with it in hand KJ2020.

Thanks!

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
I had the GEN and the date is not the same as the SUB or GMT .. Even the window seems narrower in the GEN, and the characters are different! In fact, when they handed me the Gen I thought it was fake .....: D

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had the GEN and the date is not the same as the SUB or GMT .. Even the window seems narrower in the GEN, and the characters are different! In fact, when they handed me the Gen I thought it was fake .....: D

Thanks for reinforcing that with a pic bro.

I commented about this in a previous post. The gen has a horizontally condensed date window, numerals, and numeral spacing.

"we've got a real potential winner here despite the high probability of it being low beat. Anyone worried about that being a tell need look no further than the date display which (gratefully) doesn't have horizontally condensed numerals and spacing. The gen has both."

After living with the even narrower than gen date window on my Sky-D reps for nearly two years, I welcome the "normal" size date window on this Noob offering. That's one thing about the gen I actually don't like and I've heard that from others too.

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Funny I really kind of like the rep better than the gen one. Of course only the appearance :D
Finally I can get myself one, I just could not live with a stuck month indicator. Looking forward to some natural light pictures :)
​​​​​

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Super disappointing this is low beat, but if there's ever a high beat version available I'd purchase immediately, lol

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

Black dial looks good as well. I know majority of us like the blue but black could be “less tell”.
Btw what happened with the Sky from TW or whatever factory it was, it was 904 if im not wrong?

Reactions: Neon

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The images show no month indicator...?

Pics were taken when the indicator was between two months, same as my first QC pics. TDs are all over this new feature!

MU4uR.jpg

Had to ask for more pics, then explain how to do it

MM8ro.jpg

Reactions: YellowFin

Roli19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/20
Germany

Black dial looks good as well. I know majority of us like the blue but black could be “less tell”.
Btw what happened with the Sky from TW or whatever factory it was, it was 904 if im not wrong?

I agree. The black dial looks very nice

Sjordan

Horology Curious
12/4/18
With the month movement on the bezel, what are your thoughts on water getting into the movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk