• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 16610 out? Experts?

Substar

16/9/20
so beautiful mate, this sub looks so much better than the ceramic ones

how does the ARF feel (haptics)?

I prefer this period of Subs as they were proper tool watches and not fancy footballer jewellery!
I wish arf would make a 16600 Seadweller! And maybe a 16710.
Quality is good and up to usual Arf standards. The bezel is not quite the right shape with regards to height and teeth shape but not a disaster and the sel profile doesn’t quite match the shape of the lugs but again not disastrous.
I’m not sure it’s worth the price being asked as it will be cheaper to produce than a ceramic sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Shany

24/6/19
Sorry i just saw those SELs and I realy do not like them they dont match the lugs wtf?

wildrabbit

Renowned Member
Supporter
11/8/18
Godddaaammmmn it.
Just bought two new ones and now I want to get this to Franken. Damn I love this hobby

Reactions: Substar

Substar

16/9/20
Sorry i just saw those SELs and I realy do not like them they dont match the lugs wtf?

Yeah it’s a shame. I might see if I can remedy this. Might be that sel is not quite sitting as it should in the lugs.

Shany

24/6/19
Yeah it’s a shame. I might see if I can remedy this. Might be that sel is not quite sitting as it should in the lugs.

Rest looks nice I think Iam going to pull the trigger soon.. nur sure if hulk or cermit yet.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
anyone had a chance to compare this release and the 16710 gmt from BP?

id expect the case finishing and bracelet on the ARF to be better but the markup on price is so high it makes me wonder if it’s better to buy a BP after all if all i want is a 5-digit

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19

id expect the case finishing and bracelet on the ARF to be better but the markup on price is so high it makes me wonder if it’s better to buy a BP after all if all i want is a 5-digit

if you don’t care about haptics, a BP is just fine. if you do, ARF is the way to go

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong

The difference is night and day.

I find the BP 16710 very overrated. It's nothing like genuine, even with consideration of the price, lol.

If you had to choose between then, then it must be ARF 16610.

Last edited:

Substar

16/9/20
Looks nice with gen dw!

Makes a big difference I think. I’m actually starting to like this watch very much. The 5 digits are just less fussy and flash and wear just about perfect!
I’ve got a Vr3135 arriving shortly so I’ll swap out the horrid SH.
a667d2d10308c9d9ff682bb186e59d34.jpg

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Makes a big difference I think. I’m actually starting to like this watch very much. The 5 digits are just less fussy and flash and wear just about perfect!
I’ve got a Vr3135 arriving shortly so I’ll swap out the horrid SH.
a667d2d10308c9d9ff682bb186e59d34.jpg

Superb, a vr, pretty good choice.

Reactions: Substar

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
how rounded are the rectangular markers in person? comparable to ARFs 116610?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

I've had many BPs (five of them, two 16610LN, two 116234 and one 16710) and I also had one ARF 116610LN. It's just another league completely. Finishing, brushing, the sharpness (where it has to be), the polished parts, etc. The BP's polished parts are uneven, as in not 100% flat, which stands out if it's a polished surface (it doesn't look like a flat mirror, but a mirror with weird shapes). Also brushing is way more coarse. SEL fitting is just a lottery between remarkably bad and moderately acceptable (neither are good). Markers on the dial are sometimes a bit dull compared to the top tier reps, etc.

On the other hand, though, BP has some decent things:

1. Price. It's less than half the price. BPs are really good value if you look at the ratio quality/price, instead of just sheer quality/looks.
2. Movement. If you care about longevity, BP can come with either an asian clone 2836 or a Miyota 9015. These are just bombproof movements easily replaceable any time.
3. Dial is usually pretty decent (for that money tier).

With that being said, if you have never owned a high quality rep, you will be 100% satisfied with the BP. The problem comes when you are used to really good reps (ZF Patek Calatrava, ZZF Submariner, JF Royal Oak, etc.). Once you have seen the wow factor these super reps offer, the BP just looks slightly subpar.

But in terms of value, they are still great watches. I think they are probably the best entry level Rolex you can have. And you can always buy it and if you are not 100% happy sell it here. All my BPs were sold in less than 24h so there's definitely good resale value for these.

Reactions: KJ2020

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
I've had many BPs (five of them, two 16610LN, two 116234 and one 16710) and I also had one ARF 116610LN. It's just another league completely. Finishing, brushing, the sharpness (where it has to be), the polished parts, etc. The BP's polished parts are uneven, as in not 100% flat, which stands out if it's a polished surface (it doesn't look like a flat mirror, but a mirror with weird shapes). Also brushing is way more coarse. SEL fitting is just a lottery between remarkably bad and moderately acceptable (neither are good). Markers on the dial are sometimes a bit dull compared to the top tier reps, etc.

On the other hand, though, BP has some decent things:

1. Price. It's less than half the price. BPs are really good value if you look at the ratio quality/price, instead of just sheer quality/looks.
2. Movement. If you care about longevity, BP can come with either an asian clone 2836 or a Miyota 9015. These are just bombproof movements easily replaceable any time.
3. Dial is usually pretty decent (for that money tier).

With that being said, if you have never owned a high quality rep, you will be 100% satisfied with the BP. The problem comes when you are used to really good reps (ZF Patek Calatrava, ZZF Submariner, JF Royal Oak, etc.). Once you have seen the wow factor these super reps offer, the BP just looks slightly subpar.

But in terms of value, they are still great watches. I think they are probably the best entry level Rolex you can have. And you can always buy it and if you are not 100% happy sell it here. All my BPs were sold in less than 24h so there's definitely good resale value for these.

i see, thanks for the post. i was definitely considering the price as a factor, but i think i get what you mean
recently handled (and passed on) a BP GMT 6 digit and it did feel different to my ARF (v1)

Substar

16/9/20
how rounded are the rectangular markers in person? comparable to ARFs 116610?

They look more rounded in reality than pics actually. The dial is pretty good overall.
Hopefully this pic shows the shape.
eac3ba6f7825612aa4b5f05f3c65c986.jpg

Last edited:

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
They look more rounded in reality than pics actually. The dial is pretty good overall.
Hopefully this pic shows the shape.
snip

looks quite respectable from the pic
might have to get one in hand soon

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Are they releasing a V2 anytime soon? V1 didnt get a lot of success

We can always dream about it.

I'd like to see a vr or why not a vs3135 as movement and then I will buy it.

Theres also a few things to fix, anyway, time will tell.

Reactions: houss1981