• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 16610 out? Experts?

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Both JF
Released about a year apart.

I see... thanks!
I'm desperately looking for a 16610LV, preferably no rehaut engravings. Have this contact in UK who said he could find one for me, gave a deposit, but now it seems HIS contact who first said "available" got a little carried away. I'm a bit anxious as to unknowingly getting the new ARF version instead (although with the price difference that seems very unlikely); if only we could have some actual pictures of the first batch, and not just preproduction pics! To be honest, I'm a bit suspicious of ARF releasing such a flawed watch, considering they've been releasing great watches, and considering they are supposed to be JF (urban legend?), but who knows... :-(

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I see... thanks!
I'm desperately looking for a 16610LV, preferably no rehaut engravings. Have this contact in UK who said he could find one for me, gave a deposit, but now it seems HIS contact who first said "available" got a little carried away. I'm a bit anxious as to unknowingly getting the new ARF version instead (although with the price difference that seems very unlikely); if only we could have some actual pictures of the first batch, and not just preproduction pics! To be honest, I'm a bit suspicious of ARF releasing such a flawed watch, considering they've been releasing great watches, and considering they are supposed to be JF (urban legend?), but who knows... :-(

I you would consider the JF w/ engravings its one of my personal favorites. It even have the 16610lv lime green insert. Very sought after.

Reactions: stufuse and KJ2020

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
I you would consider the JF w/ engravings its one of my personal favorites. It even have the 16610lv lime green insert. Very sought after.

That's indeed a gorgeous insert, I'm not so keen on the engraved rehaut for that watch, but if it was the only available version I'd consider it... but IFAIK both versions are now unobtainium.

Reactions: johnlogan

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17

This don't looks JF to me. Is it from BP?

This is my BP 3135. Great piece for what it priced!
vgjuJ.jpg

vg3jP.jpg

vgZ6o.jpg

Cheers

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18

vgjuJ.jpg

vg3jP.jpg

vgZ6o.jpg

Cheers

That BP sure looks good. I've seen some for sale in the M2M section sometimes, but the ones I've seen didn't look as good as this one, were there different versions, or was it just sloppy pictures?...

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

vgjuJ.jpg

vg3jP.jpg

vgZ6o.jpg

Cheers

I’m pretty sure mine is the JF.
I see your BP have sharper bezel teeth and a different DW, but we share the same insert.
Very few, I mean very few will be able to call those watches out.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
vgJw4.jpg

I’m pretty sure mine is the JF.
I see your BP have sharper bezel teeth and a different DW, but we share the same insert.
Very few, I mean very few will be able to call those watches out.

The hour hand of yours looks like BP to me, not JF/ARF hence my suspect. Hmm, okay. I have claps code PJ4 on my BP, from TC.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19

Well, it certainly looks like a BP dial, which you can tell by the short "f" in "1000 ft", whereas the JF LV dial has a long "f", e.g., here is a dial photo from InTime's listing for the JF 16610 LV:

Hands and insert also look like BP, and the BP insert won't fit a JF bezel because the BP bezel is not gen spec.

Reactions: Sdc83

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Well, it certainly looks like a BP dial, which you can tell by the short "f" in "1000 ft", whereas the JF LV dial has a long "f", e.g., here is a dial photo from InTime's listing for the JF 16610 LV:

Hands and insert also look like BP, and the BP insert won't fit a JF bezel because the BP bezel is not gen spec.

My order at PT states JF! If they shipped me a BP its news to me as per today.

Btadl1997

12/2/18
They were probably gonna release it weeks ago. But then people started trashing it so badly that they had to postpone the official release date. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Btadl1997

12/2/18
They were probably gonna release it weeks ago. But then people started trashing it so badly that they had to postpone the official release date. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI