• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 16610 out? Experts?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Ah damn it!! I was waiting with hope They’d bring out at the very least a nice dial, hands, case and bracelet. What a joke lol

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Yup for the price this is a very bad attempt! Hope it‘s just a beta release haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sputim

Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Yup for the price this is a very bad attempt! Hope it‘s just a beta release haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
How is this the same price as the ARF GMT? I will take the GMT any day. No rehaut, no ceramic bezel, that's considerably less costs. ARF is just milking the people who likes the older models at this point.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
How is this the same price as the ARF GMT? I will take the GMT any day. No rehaut, no ceramic bezel, that's considerably less costs. ARF is just milking the people who likes the older models at this point.
A 5 digit sub with a 3135 should be exciting to all of us, and especially if the movement is good. It was the one thing we couldn't get from TC, nor could you just swap that movement without modding the dial or using a gen.

This should take a gen dial and DW and make for good modding and frankening.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Champ0352

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/7/19
I am about to through sead. Gonna mod and frank it so all the gripes don't concern me. Just need the case, bezel, and movement.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
I am about to through sead. Gonna mod and frank it so all the gripes don't concern me. Just need the case, bezel, and movement.

You better get another because all 3 you want suck on this one.

Reactions: Stuessi

Champ0352

INMATE
17/7/19
You better get another because all 3 you want suck on this one.
Having a hard time understanding your reply to my quote. Can you elaborate or break it down for me?

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Having a hard time understanding your reply to my quote. Can you elaborate or break it down for me?

You said you need the case/bezel/movement.

The case on this one is crap. Beveled lugs, bad overall shape, not period correct engravings if you care about it. The bezel? I don't like it.

The movement ? There is vr3135 which is better. I wouldn't pay 500$ to take these pieces. I would look for a used JF on m2m and use it as a base to franken anything.

Champ0352

INMATE
17/7/19

The case on this one is crap. Beveled lugs, bad overall shape, not period correct engravings if you care about it. The bezel? I don't like it.

The movement ? There is vr3135 which is better. I wouldn't pay 500$ to take these pieces. I would look for a used JF on m2m and use it as a base to franken anything.
Thanks for that reply. Understood 100% Did just have another member reach out with a spare case ???????????????????????????????? love you guys.

Champ0352

INMATE
17/7/19
That was supposed to be smiling faces not question marks.

Champ0352

INMATE
17/7/19
Supposed to be smiling faces not question marks

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16

why do you say that the box is crap? is it different from jf?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Got one on the way. Have VR3135 also en route. Just need to get gen dial and insert then it will be on its way to misiekped for assembly. Will be interested in hearing what he has to say.

WelltodoColorlessHuman-size_restricted.gif

Thank you, for taking this leap. I'll be keeping an eye out for your developments. I want a dedicated step by step thread.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
So this is the same JF case which has incorrect crown guards and fat lugs? Just in 904L Steel?

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Just seen this today. As far as I can tell the only leg up this has on the JF is the lugs... these are tapered appropriately and much closer to gen... unlike the chubby bastards on the JF. Other than that, this pales in comparison pretty much everywhere else.

Firstly, looking at the macros, we see hands, lume plot surrounds and the pearl pip surround incredibly poorly finished... at this price point that’s atrocious! JF is FAR better here. Sorry, but I just really can’t get over how horrible those hands are!! For gods sake!...Anyway, the insert in general is poorly finished, with numbers being less “crisp” and more “rounded” than they should be. SELs are nicely recessed for the most part, but a bit of a gap there.... - No good!

Other than the slimmer lugs, a few good points.

1. Clasp coronet and flip-lock look crisp and “close” to gen - pretty decent here. I’d say the coronet is an improvement over the JF. That’s about it though.

2. Rehaut is appropriately “thick”, well finished and deep as per gen.

3. Finally, I have to agree that having a VR3135 is the one area TC couldn’t get to. The ability to have a gen-functioning movement is definitely cool - although the JF has a similar movement... so arguably a minor point of improvement? VR is said to be better for reliability. I guess we’ll see about that.

Overall verdict?

You get a slightly better case (regarding lug thickness) with this compared to the JF. This is no small point because now that TC is gone, this appears to be the closest case to gen imho in terms of current production 5 digit sub cases.

I bet this would be a hell of a Franken with this case and bracelet ( a little casework of course), and pretty much everything else swapped in from the JF.

Barring the “franken-route” though, I’d say bang per buck, the JF is easily still quite far ahead.

Speedy ~

Reactions: Sdc83 and cpd2186