• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 16610 out? Experts?

Daryl70

3/7/19
Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm trying to read up on as much stuff as possible about the details of these watches. Based on the details I see, this release would be representative of a circa 2002-2007 sub? After they stopped drilling lug holes but before the rehaut engraving began?

I think its 2003 when they done away with the lug holes and 2007 when they started engraving by what I can find on the Internet

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm trying to read up on as much stuff as possible about the details of these watches. Based on the details I see, this release would be representative of a circa 2002-2007 sub? After they stopped drilling lug holes but before the rehaut engraving began?

That's correct

Reactions: shel504

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Sooo... there's a series of photos of the LV version in a different thread
crystal sticks out wayyy too high
i suppose it's the same on the LN version... makes you wonder how they can make clone movements but still manage to make gross mistakes like this :-/ still a beautiful rep, but... very frustrating!

Daryl70

3/7/19
Sooo... there's a series of photos of the LV version in a different thread
crystal sticks out wayyy too high
i suppose it's the same on the LN version... makes you wonder how they can make clone movements but still manage to make gross mistakes like this :-/ still a beautiful rep, but... very frustrating!

I'm still going to get one when they start going out to other tds

JK2087

Horology Curious
26/5/20
I got my QC in and thought I'd share since not many pics of the new batches are up. The DW is still terrible. I green lighted anyway and will just Frankenstein it.

V2k5E.jpg
V2TTt.jpg
V2Xb2.jpg
V2PoF.jpg
V2wBn.jpg
V2u9Y.jpg
V24R3.jpg
V2sKs.jpg
V2EDk.jpg
V2vsD.jpg
V2RTJ.jpg
V2Nqo.jpg

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
I got my QC in and thought I'd share since not many pics of the new batches are up. The DW is still terrible. I green lighted anyway and will just Frankenstein it.

V2k5E.jpg
V2TTt.jpg
V2Xb2.jpg
V2PoF.jpg
V2wBn.jpg
V2u9Y.jpg
V24R3.jpg
V2sKs.jpg
V2EDk.jpg
V2vsD.jpg
V2RTJ.jpg
V2Nqo.jpg

Ive seen exact same GEN DW

dvonjohn

Horology Curious
10/6/19
Anyone think it's worth it for just the case and bracelet in 904L??? I have a gen, crown, MK3 dial, hands, crystal, bezel insert, DW, rotor.

Daryl70

3/7/19
Anyone think it's worth it for just the case and bracelet in 904L??? I have a gen, crown, MK3 dial, hands, crystal, bezel insert, DW, rotor.

By the looks of the 16610lv thread I can see that the 904 looks brighter than in the 316 depends if you will hold a gen next to yours i suppose

workerunit

Known Member
28/4/09
I finally got the ARF 16610 LN Black No Rehaut Engraving 904L Steel ARF1:1 Best Edition on SS Bracelet SH3135.
This watch is very nice! I regulated the movement and it is keeping very good time (so far).
The bezel was slightly loose and the click spring felt a little weak.
I popped the bezel off and retensioned the click spring, slightly bent the bezel washer into a wave washer and lubed with silicone grease.
The bezel now has no play, and feels very nice indeed.

I can confirm that my bezel insert appeared to be a press fit, no glue evident.
The bracelet is very nice and the Rolex style spring bars were straight.

If you want a to make a super franken 16610 T, this watch may be a good start!