• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Warranty card

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
I know it's uncharitable, but I can never think of any other reason why anyone would want a forged warranty card either...

When someone purchases a Rolex overseas and bring it home wearing just the watch, to get away from Customs taxes if an officer find the full set inside his/her luggage...
So, a few years later when the legit owner of the gen decides to sell it, he/she realizes that should have kept at least the card!

It´s a common story in many countries that charges absurd taxes to luxury items...

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Some newbies want a full set.. I know I did, I have a full set for at least one of my reps. By the time you get deeper into the game interest in a box and card becomes much less, I couldn't care less now. I like a full set with a genuine watch though I have owned Rolex's without paperwork too, it's no big deal. Satisfy the itch and get over it with. As long as you are not trying any funny business then no harm done.

Reactions: AG91 and johnlogan

The Infinite

Horology Curious
26/9/20
No one has a proper one, the hologram crown on the back is always missing and the text of the retailers name always look off. Some people buy a gen card and reprint on it, although most of the people doing this are attempting certain things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecy

24/7/19
I can't be the only one who carries my rep warranty card in my wallet incase I get accused of wearing a rep.

Nothing trumps ahowing someone a warranty card who thinks you are wearing a rep.

Reactions: cjt202020

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Some people buy a gen card and reprint on it, although most of the people doing this are attempting certain things.
Where are these people buying these gen cards? I’d have thought a gen, unprinted card would be rather tricky to come by.

I can't be the only one who carries my rep warranty card in my wallet incase I get accused of wearing a rep.

Nothing trumps ahowing someone a warranty card who thinks you are wearing a rep.
Excellent reason sir. You don't post often, but when you do, it's a quality contribution. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecy

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Nothing trumps ahowing someone a FAKE warranty card who thinks you are wearing a rep.

Why try fool anyone? The conversation is far more interesting and less pretentious when you say ‘it’s a high end rep’. This is a conversation piece rather than them thinking (worse, knowing) you are full of shit or simply making them jealous.

Reactions: ryantunna

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under

Has this happened to you? If so how many times have you felt the urge you had to show a warranty card? I personally would feel a little weird if someone did it to me. Hey you can do what you want, no judgment here. But I personally just tell people what it is, that goes for reps and gens. But not many people ask, all my mates just know have the watch sickness ha ha ha.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Has this happened to you? If so how many times have you felt the urge you had to show a warranty card?

That bus driver tried to call me out just the other day. Shouldn't have f***ed with me, always prepared with one of these bad boys..

Z6okdW.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Lol at this.. I could count the amount of times on one hand that a stranger or colleague has even said ‘nice watch’ in the last 20yrs... even friends are not interested! Carry a fake card? Wtf lol.. :picard:

Ecy

24/7/19
To those replying to my comment, it was purely sarcastic.

I find all my watches are on a winder or in my watch box. I dont display them for other people. Nor do I wear them for other people.

I have only been asked if it was real once. When wearing a Gen DJ. I told them I dont know, and asked what they thought. This was at work, and we dont make 'rolex' money unless you save / invest / have a side gig - which I do. Most people are bad with money. I also tinker and sell Gen watches as a third side gig.

Turns out the person wanted to know because she knew about my side work but had her own rep and wanted to know if I knew about reps and if they were good. Needless to say, her pink canal street rolex was not Gen quality, but surprisingly passable as I dont deal with women's watches.

Anyways, the only people I would expect to carry a warranty card are the guys who have parents buy them a rolex / nice watch, and car, and the rolex card holder. They use it to show off.

Because of rolex's notorious wait times with an AD, most people buy private seller / gray market. Those dont always come with a warranty card.

Reactions: Comebackbaby

werewo1f

Looking Around
21/12/20
Cheshire, England
It’s a question I was wondering about myself.... I would like a full set of matching documents for mine.
That said, I’ve no interest in using them for anything shifty.... Anyone?

UnluckyXIII

Known Member
22/8/17
It’s a question I was wondering about myself.... I would like a full set of matching documents for mine.
That said, I’ve no interest in using them for anything shifty.... Anyone?

Check some of the AD’s, I’ve seen boxes and papers available in the past (never bought so can’t comment on quality but IIRC they are an expensive addition).