• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116520 Noob vs ARF

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Do a Google search for "RWI Daytona", and get reading, it's the perfect way for you to also get that lockdown couch potato look. There's a TON of threads and discussion about this already - as the early (understandably) sarcastic comments indicate. You could start here or here.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Do a Google search for "RWI Daytona", and get reading, it's the perfect way for you to also get that lockdown couch potato look. There's a TON of threads and discussion about this already - as the early (understandably) sarcastic comments indicate. You could start here or here.

thx appreciated

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
This again all boils down to how important a fully functioning chrono is to you.
i can only go by my own personal preference/experience, I've got the ARF 116520, it's quite impressive, I've got a friend who is familiar with handling rolexs (not neccessarily daytonas but he owns a sub and daydate) he didn't know it was a rep until I told him even after handling the watch for 10 minutes and he was more impressed it wasn't real, infact he offered me the cash to buy it there and then.
i don't wear the watch that often and when I do I've never ever had any need or reason to use the chrono function so for me the extra cost of the noob would have been a total waste of money, and I know if I had bought the noob it would have always bugged me that I'd spent $200 for something that for me is pointless,

I think "bang for buck" it's gotta be the ARF but Thats me personally but only you can decide what you want

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
This again all boils down to how important a fully functioning chrono is to you.
i can only go by my own personal preference/experience, I've got the ARF 116520, it's quite impressive, I've got a friend who is familiar with handling rolexs (not neccessarily daytonas but he owns a sub and daydate) he didn't know it was a rep until I told him even after handling the watch for 10 minutes and he was more impressed it wasn't real, infact he offered me the cash to buy it there and then.
i don't wear the watch that often and when I do I've never ever had any need or reason to use the chrono function so for me the extra cost of the noob would have been a total waste of money, and I know if I had bought the noob it would have always bugged me that I'd spent $200 for something that for me is pointless,

I think "bang for buck" it's gotta be the ARF but Thats me personally but only you can decide what you want

Thanks for your input, i find it quite useful, and i will propably end up getting the ARF like you i dont really see the need for functional chronograph :p and would rather spend those extra 200$ in another purchase.

Reactions: Spitfire63

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Also servicing a movement on 4130 is quite a chunk... unless you going to franken 116520.... stay away from noob lol

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
FWIW exacten, I've had several of the Daytonas and my thinking is the same as Spitfire63. I have two Noobs (well, a NARFtona hybrid and a Franken), and TBH I'd actually be perfectly happy with ARF instead. I installed display casebacks on mine so I could admire the movements, because I never use the chronos so I may as well get some benefit from the extra cost!

Last edited:

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Also servicing a movement on 4130 is quite a chunk... unless you going to franken 116520.... stay away from noob lol

thanks for your input, i feel like this changes everything i started out split between the two, and this will help me decide to propably go for ARF

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
FWIW exacten, I've had several of the Daytonas and my thinking is the same as Spitfire63. I have two Noobs (well, a NARFtona hybrid and a Franken), and TBH I'd actually be perfectly happy with ARF instead. I installed display casebacks on mine so I could admire the movements, because I never use the chronos so I may as well get some benefit from the extra cost!

i appreciate you for taking your time, and share your opinions, i will propably end up getting the ARF since i dont have a care for chronograph, and since i wont be doing any franking, this will propably be the best option for me. so as of right now i will be pulling the trigger on the ARF, and hopefully it will meet my needs.

Reactions: p0pperini

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Dude he is most likely joking with you. Apart from the introduction of the 4130 Clone an updated ARF would make no sense. And I do not think that ARF will ever release a own 4130 clone.
If there were any news or leaks of an ARF Daytona with the superclone this forum would be on fire.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Dude he is most likely joking with you. Apart from the introduction of the 4130 Clone an updated ARF would make no sense. And I do not think that ARF will ever release a own 4130 clone.
If there were any news or leaks of an ARF Daytona with the superclone this forum would be on fire.

im not in a hurry, i will wait a couple of months and if nothing is in production then its fine by me.

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
there’s like a 72 page thread on the noobv4
2nd smart arse comment from you... Nob head!! Theres a 72 page thread on the 116500 v4, very very little mention of the 116520 v4, read the question properly before trying to be a clever c**t next time