• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman vs Noob Batman with gen Crystal

Noleex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/18
Hi guys, ARF Batman build by me vs Noob v10 with gen crystal both have my paintmod insert on. The difference between the gen and the stock ARF crystal is almost the same for all who want to change the stock ARF crystal on GMTs.

Mr. Doug

Known Member
17/4/13
Which is which? Video has no voiceover to describe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
You need to change Dial, hands and Insert, mine has gen hands, gen Datewheel, GMF v3 dial, and my own insert with paintmod, the insert on the noob is the also my own paintmod ;-)

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
very nice build! I can see the difference in the crystal tho. You just can't beat gen xtal.

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
The noob gets in a VR3186 with gen hands, gen DW, with the gen crystal, that will be a nice build too ;-)

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
how did you fit VR3186 into noob case? any mod?

Last edited:

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
very nice build! I can see the difference in the crystal tho. You just can't beat gen xtal.

gen is gen but I really need to say even in good light the difference is not big, without a reference you cannot Spot ARF from gen crystal

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
Either with a custom movement ring or what works the easiest and the best with a crystal gasket, but you will need a VR stem too...

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for sharing. In your opinion, what is the best base, arf or noob with movement replaced by clone? I have in mind a 116710LN but still unsure of the way to go

Last edited:

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
I would recommend the ARF because for less money you get more for it. The ARF has the best rep crystal no gen swap needed, best Bracelet and clasp, awesome hands, and you get the SH3186 which is basically almost the same as the VR3186.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Very nice builds, my friend!! Always a big fan of how you elevate the Batman builds to the next level. Wear them in good health!!

My vote is still Noob v10 case as the base :D:D with VR3185 and your insert.

Reactions: Noleex and KJ2020

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
srhoque thanks Bro, the noob case from the Video is not Bad I need to say, but it’s the more expensive way to go, because the noob v10 is not cheap for just using the case. On the ARF base you can use a lot of more out of the box, even it comes with a SH3186, if needed can be replaced with the VR3185 in no time.

By the way for all buddy’s who send me pm if I sell my Batman build, no I don’t, but I have 5 brand new of my ARF Batman builds ready in a few days and only one of these still has no owner, so 4 are sold, and the single one I‘ll drop for sale ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

Noleex

Banned
8/11/18
Would you consider selling bezel inserts? Love the builds!

Batman ceramic insert with paintmod ? I had a few for sale in the sale section but they gone very fast. I think I‘m sold out but if you are seriously interested send me PM and I‘ll try to arrange something for you.

Reactions: srhoque

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Batman ceramic insert with paintmod ? I had a few for sale in the sale section but they gone very fast. I think I‘m sold out but if you are seriously interested send me PM and I‘ll try to arrange something for you.

That's the one mate! I will definitely give you a buzz once I've cleared some funds and have a verdict on my V9F insert if there's any still available.