• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this GMT real? Pls help me :)

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
I want to buy this gen gmt for 10.500€ which is a little bit lower than other offers on Chrono24 (around 2-3k)! Is it real?

babce3e7aa905ba40091951a84a522c2.png
12d31ce3dfac5b53f555a186d641582d.png
b99ad8a41cae3a0d70182f6b40f66ebf.png

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Look at the polished lugs. Gen but doesn‘t look nice and still quite expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: emdeevee

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Why doesn’t look nice? Looks good to me

The lugs should be brushed. These are either extremely worn down, or have been polished. The rounded edges at the SEL, and shapeless crown guards all suggest this was just an amateur refinish/polishing job by someone who had no idea what they were doing. You could have the lugs re-brushed, but you can't reshape them or the CGs, so the resale value will always stay below market for a better preserved example. It's all a matter of taste though. If you like the looks, wear it and enjoy!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's gen but as mentioned the lugs are polished and it looks like the outer bracelet links have been polished also. Yikes!

It's has a bit of a rare dial, a GMT Master "stick" dial, referring to the omission of bases and hats on the numeral II's. These were only produced on V serials, which this sample has.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=664628

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Thank you all lol didn’t notice this sorry. Just to be clear I requested new photos but yes there has to be a reason why he is selling it under Markt price. He mentioned it’s a good investment and he didn’t wore it that long so must be polished

Reactions: KJ2020

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Thank you all lol didn’t notice this sorry. Just to be clear I requested new photos but yes there has to be a reason why he is selling it under Markt price. He mentioned it’s a good investment and he didn’t wore it that long so must be polished

Yeah everyone selling any kind of watch will say it’s a good investment.

Sent from the RWI App

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
It's gen but as mentioned the lugs are polished and it looks like the outer bracelet links have been polished also. Yikes!

It's has a bit of a rare dial, a GMT Master "stick" dial, referring to the omission of bases and hats on the numeral II's. These were only produced on V serials, which this sample has.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=664628

No wonder I couldn’t quite put my finger on what’s different about OP’s post. I saw it but it didn’t register in my head. Good eye!

Reactions: KJ2020

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
It’s gen as others have said but it’s very over polished and not cheap either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
That dial looks weird to me and not just the writing on the dial. Whenever I see a gen Rolex, because of the white gold, the indicies always have this thick rim that has a bold look to it. The rim of of the indices always reflect light a certain way, they’re bold, uniform, and always stand out. On this dial, they’re barely noticeable. I mean it may be just the lighting on that one angle but usually on gen, lighting isn’t really an issue. They’re always bold enough to see and to me, it’s one of the biggest/easiest tells that for some reason, only noob seems to address.

I saw kJ say it’s a rare dial and maybe that’s an issue with this dial too. I don’t know, but for a “gen Rolex” dial, it’s not a look I like personally.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Oh wow. It looks like someone took a cape cod cloth to that entire case and bracelet. Like they just used it as a cleaning cloth on a regular basis.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
This is a very good example of why I’d always pay the extra and send my watch to RSC.

I saw a YouTube video of some idiot polishing a woman’s 2 tone Daytona without even taking the watch apart. Took all the black letters off the bezel, polished all the brushed outer links of the bracelet. It almost bought tears out of my eyes. Savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk