• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex yacht-master rhodium. ARF, GM, GMF and NOOB?

haggle_

Known Member
29/6/18
Getting one of those, but whichone?? From cheapest to most expensive. Whichone has s the best externals and which movement is most reliable? Don't care about decoration since the caseback is closed anyway? Also allergical to fat datewheels.

VRF $348.00 (A2836)
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...let-a2836.html

ARF $398.00 Asian ShangHai Super 3135 Clone
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...et-sh3135.html

GMF $408.00 A2824
https://puretimewatch.io/yacht-maste...let-a2824.html

GM $458.00 Asian 3235
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...et-sa3235.html

NOOB $508.00 Asian Super Clone 3135
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...et-sa3135.html

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
For Rhodium dial, it’s Noob hands down. The best one in the lot. Recent Noobs are also coming with VR3135 (got one 6 weeks back), that’s the best 3135 clone in terms of finish and build quality. I prefer 3135 because of franken needs. You can also go with 2824 versions which very reliable movements.

I suggest you do the insert mod though (Either Spongebob who is in Taiwan or TomRep in Germany).

Spongebob is on this forum.
TomRep contact via WhatsApp - +49 152 02031421

All my Insert Mods have been done by Tom, highly recommend him

Reactions: thorne

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
For Rhodium dial, it’s Noob hands down. The best one in the lot. Recent Noobs are also coming with VR3135 (got one 6 weeks back), that’s the best 3135 clone in terms of finish and build quality. I prefer 3135 because of franken needs. You can also go with 2824 versions which very reliable movements.

I suggest you do the insert mod though (Either Spongebob who is in Taiwan or TomRep in Germany).

Spongebob is on this forum.
TomRep contact via WhatsApp - +49 152 02031421

All my Insert Mods have been done by Tom, highly recommend him

Problem with noob is the seconds hand lume dot is little small

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Problem with noob is the seconds hand lume dot is little small

True, good point and not noticable on wrist (unless next to gen). The case shape, almost perfect Rehaut, Rhodium dial+second hand color accuracy, VR3135 and recent bracelet quality makes up for it. All reps have issues, we just settle with the one that have flaws that we can live with ;) Stay safe!!

jk1846

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/19
Don’t get an ARF I have purchased 2 ARF Yacht Master watches in the past year I knew better after the first ARF but on the recommendation of my TD, Li, I went with ARF on the second also and it’s worse than the first one, the crystals are terrible, the bracelet and clasp is good but the weight of the watch is much lighter than the Gen and just doesn’t have a solid Rolex feel to it the bezel is probably my biggest issue on both watches they are extremely loose and will almost spin freely, the second again is much worse than the first, the bezel lines up fine but will literally move just by swinging your arm walking, the blue second hand on the ARF Rhodium Dial well it might as well be green because the blue is just about as far off as green would be. I have worn both watches probably a combined 4 times, and will end selling, giving or throwing them away I imagine.

Yacht Master has always been one of my favorite Rolex watches and I will purchase another probably soon and I am having the same question as to which factory but rest assured it will not be an ARF, I keep hoping that VSF will come out with one with a stainless bracelet, I’m not a fan of the rubber strap, I have a zzf V2 sub and I wear it everyday and it takes a beating and is one of the toughest watches I have ever owned I don’t know if ZZF makes a Yacht Master but if they do I would buy theirs at this point over any other, just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jk1846

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/19
Don’t get an ARF I have purchased 2 ARF Yacht Master watches in the past year I knew better after the first ARF but on the recommendation of my TD, Li, I went with ARF on the second also and it’s worse than the first one, the crystals are terrible, the bracelet and clasp is good but the weight of the watch is much lighter than the Gen and just doesn’t have a solid Rolex feel to it the bezel is probably my biggest issue on both watches they are extremely loose and will almost spin freely, the second again is much worse than the first, the bezel lines up fine but will literally move just by swinging your arm walking, the blue second hand on the ARF Rhodium Dial well it might as well be green because the blue is just about as far off as green would be. I have worn both watches probably a combined 4 times, and will end selling, giving or throwing them away I imagine.

Yacht Master has always been one of my favorite Rolex watches and I will purchase another probably soon and I am having the same question as to which factory but rest assured it will not be an ARF, I keep hoping that VSF will come out with one with a stainless bracelet, I’m not a fan of the rubber strap, I have a zzf V2 sub and I wear it everyday and it takes a beating and is one of the toughest watches I have ever owned I don’t know if ZZF makes a Yacht Master but if they do I would buy theirs at this point over any other, just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk