• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I have the vrf and it is really nice and I love it but the insert is terrible. The inserts are bad on every 6 digit gmt but it’s much lesss terrible on the ARF. I think that is what scares a lot of people off. I think 90% of the people have the insert as 90% of the weight of the decision making process.

I haven't received QC's for this V9F but I'm going to already mark the bezel insert off as a loss, I'd be extremely surprised if it does actually turn out to be good. For me I'm happy with the movement, case and dial. I'm going to look into buying another bezel for it from here hopefully and also grab another datewheel.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have the vrf and it is really nice and I love it but the insert is terrible. The inserts are bad on every 6 digit gmt but it’s much lesss terrible on the ARF. I think that is what scares a lot of people off. I think 90% of the people have the insert as 90% of the weight of the decision making process.

ARF LN insert is really nice IMO bro. I could see not bothering with a gen if you had one of these.

TgtP2.jpg

Reactions: saucin

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
ARF LN insert is really nice IMO bro. I could see not bothering with a gen if you had one of these.

TgtP2.jpg

By far the ARF is the best LN insert but (now I haven’t seen one in person) but from what I’ve seen there is always an angle where something looks too thin. I haven’t had it/seen it/help it in person and I know things are different in person. But when you look at a gen ln insert, for the most part all the inlaid numbers and markers look even from almost all angles.

I don’t know if it’s the angle of the insert or the depth of the inlay into the ceramic, but when you ive seen pics of ARF, different numbers look thinner than others or just thinner than they’re supposed to. Whether it is the vertical cuts of the 1s around the insert, or the serifs, or the horizontal lines of the 2s. It’s just like one of those subtle little things that Rolex manages to address that’s just difficult to duplicate for whatever reason. It’s subtle and dependent on the angle.

but yeah, I could probably live contently with an ARF. But every other factory really isn’t even in the bull park and kind of enough to clump them all together as “short of the mark”.

but it was in one of these threads that I mentioned I think it is the insert alone that sets ARF apart on the GMTs. I think most consider ARF as the best out of the box GMT and I think it’s mostly because of the insert andif ARF and vrf had the same insert, vrf would probably be considered the best out of the box. It’s that one detail that pushes them so far over the edge.

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
I put my order in a week back at PureTime. I just got the QC pics back... this is now with the courier on its way to me! I can take more photos once its on my wrist.

On the pictures the insert looks pretty promising. This with the VR movement seems like a very good choice to get. Can't wait for more pictures.

Last edited:

KrX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/20
wow!!! i placed the same order 5 days ago... will be nice

Reactions: msc1967

FoxWilde

22/12/18
ARF, VRF, NOOB, A9F, they all get so close with these. But it should be a standard getting the insert modded for sure!

Reactions: Relaxman84

FoxWilde

22/12/18
Seems like a bezel mod is a must for the bicolor inserts, regardless of factory

Sonsoffarmers

Looking Around
11/1/20
I have been looking at getting a GMT Pepsi, till I saw this I had my eyes on the Noob.

Since seeing this post I am now in two minds.

Still waiting to see QC photos of the Pepsi, if anyone has a link please let me know.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Reactions: Eyez98

Goon3r

19/4/20
UK
I have been looking at getting a GMT Pepsi, till I saw this I had my eyes on the Noob.

Since seeing this post I am now in two minds.

Still waiting to see QC photos of the Pepsi, if anyone has a link please let me know.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

As far as im aware the cuttent Noob Pepsi is considered a ‘timebomb’ movement. Essentially the factory uses a custom modified movement who’s parts cannot be replaced by genuine ones. If this movement dies, you’re most likely out of luck in ever getting it to work again.

Theres a thread somewhere ‘movements explained’ (on phone so cant link) that talks in details about the different rolex movements and the ‘timebomb, give ig a read.

In terms of recommendations, if we know you’re favourable model we can go from there? With this ‘game’ as ive found my self, still very new to it, its all about research research research.

EDIT: GMT Movements Explained
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/8449368-rep-rolex-gmt-movements-explained

Last edited:

KrX

12/5/20
X8QNj.jpg
X8pH4.jpg
Dear all...
i just received the QC pictures of Puretime for Batman V9F ... what do you think ???
please ... thanks

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
KrX it's against the rules to post QC pics and ask for opinions. Please head over to the New Members section and read the rules.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
KrX forum rules prohibit asking for open-ended QC advice. Let us know if you have a specific question about a specific issue. That said, with a new model like this a lot of us are curious to see QC pics instead of just TD listings, so thanks for posting.

On another note--and sorry if this has been covered already--I noticed looking at TD pics that the movement is held with tabs. That's a surprising step backwards, considering that both ARF and VRF cases use the correct "loosen to tighten" movement screw system.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Thinking about stealing the datewheel from my SA3135 for this movement, does anyone know if it would fit? Might also consider buying a gen datewheel considering they're cheap and it means I won't have one watch with a shit datewheel lol