NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazing View Post
    I have the vrf and it is really nice and I love it but the insert is terrible. The inserts are bad on every 6 digit gmt but it’s much lesss terrible on the ARF. I think that is what scares a lot of people off. I think 90% of the people have the insert as 90% of the weight of the decision making process.

I haven't received QC's for this V9F but I'm going to already mark the bezel insert off as a loss, I'd be extremely surprised if it does actually turn out to be good. For me I'm happy with the movement, case and dial. I'm going to look into buying another bezel for it from here hopefully and also grab another datewheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazing View Post

I have the vrf and it is really nice and I love it but the insert is terrible. The inserts are bad on every 6 digit gmt but it’s much lesss terrible on the ARF. I think that is what scares a lot of people off. I think 90% of the people have the insert as 90% of the weight of the decision making process.
      ARF LN insert is really nice IMO bro. I could see not bothering with a gen if you had one of these.

We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
      GMT Movements Explained
      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
      The Fantasy Watch Thread
      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
      Ceramic insert paint mod
      GMF releases 3186 GMTs

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

ARF LN insert is really nice IMO bro. I could see not bothering with a gen if you had one of these.

By far the ARF is the best LN insert but (now I haven’t seen one in person) but from what I’ve seen there is always an angle where something looks too thin. I haven’t had it/seen it/help it in person and I know things are different in person. But when you look at a gen ln insert, for the most part all the inlaid numbers and markers look even from almost all angles.

I don’t know if it’s the angle of the insert or the depth of the inlay into the ceramic, but when you ive seen pics of ARF, different numbers look thinner than others or just thinner than they’re supposed to. Whether it is the vertical cuts of the 1s around the insert, or the serifs, or the horizontal lines of the 2s. It’s just like one of those subtle little things that Rolex manages to address that’s just difficult to duplicate for whatever reason. It’s subtle and dependent on the angle.

but yeah, I could probably live contently with an ARF. But every other factory really isn’t even in the bull park and kind of enough to clump them all together as “short of the mark”.

but it was in one of these threads that I mentioned I think it is the insert alone that sets ARF apart on the GMTs. I think most consider ARF as the best out of the box GMT and I think it’s mostly because of the insert andif ARF and vrf had the same insert, vrf would probably be considered the best out of the box. It’s that one detail that pushes them so far over the edge.

Comment

I put my order in a week back at PureTime. I just got the QC pics back... this is now with the courier on its way to me! I can take more photos once its on my wrist.

Comment

Honestly looks decent, certainly not the best but at least the transition point is good.

aus-watch would love to see a straight on shot. Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by aus-watch View Post
              I put my order in a week back at PureTime. I just got the QC pics back... this is now with the courier on its way to me! I can take more photos once its on my wrist.

On the pictures the insert looks pretty promising. This with the VR movement seems like a very good choice to get. Can't wait for more pictures.
              Last edited by Saul Goodman; 22-05-20, 13:57.

Comment

wow!!! i placed the same order 5 days ago... will be nice

Comment

Video of ARF GMT with V9F I think

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDY4M...~5!2~5!2~5~5~A

Comment

ARF, VRF, NOOB, A9F, they all get so close with these. But it should be a standard getting the insert modded for sure!

Comment

It seems for whichever factory you get 6-digit GMTIIs, a bezel mod is a must!

Comment

Seems like a bezel mod is a must for the bicolor inserts, regardless of factory

Comment

Originally posted by Doc brown View Post
                          Is it me or the blnr lugs look chubby?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

crystal almost looks gen in v9F

Comment

I have been looking at getting a GMT Pepsi, till I saw this I had my eyes on the Noob.

Since seeing this post I am now in two minds.

Still waiting to see QC photos of the Pepsi, if anyone has a link please let me know.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sonsoffarmers View Post
                                I have been looking at getting a GMT Pepsi, till I saw this I had my eyes on the Noob.

Since seeing this post I am now in two minds.

Still waiting to see QC photos of the Pepsi, if anyone has a link please let me know.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
                                As far as im aware the cuttent Noob Pepsi is considered a ‘timebomb’ movement. Essentially the factory uses a custom modified movement who’s parts cannot be replaced by genuine ones. If this movement dies, you’re most likely out of luck in ever getting it to work again.

Theres a thread somewhere ‘movements explained’ (on phone so cant link) that talks in details about the different rolex movements and the ‘timebomb, give ig a read.

In terms of recommendations, if we know you’re favourable model we can go from there? With this ‘game’ as ive found my self, still very new to it, its all about research research research.

EDIT: GMT Movements Explained
                                https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ents-explained
                                Last edited by Goon3r; 24-05-20, 08:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X