• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

KrX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/20
Sorry , i just wanted an opinion on the date that doesn't seem right for me! Maybe the pictures. the transition between blue and black on 18 seems pretty good. maybe a little blue in the eight?

HuyTech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/17
some where on Earth
I got my QC picture from Jtime and it does NOT look as good as your on the 18 transition and 6. I'm gonna have to reject it and ask for another one.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Sorry , i just wanted an opinion on the date that doesn't seem right for me! Maybe the pictures. the transition between blue and black on 18 seems pretty good. maybe a little blue in the eight?

I agree on both both areas of concern, but personally I'd accept the watch. The date font looks a little thick (I'm not a font expert at all), but still not bad. Despite the "speed bumps," the bezel looks good. Color and transition points matter more, and you can always do a spray paint mod later on. HuyTech maybe you can post your insert so we can see a less suitable example.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
For those with accepted QCs, can you comment on the V9F dial quality? Are they as good as VRF or GMF 126710 dials?

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
I'm afraid to say it but accepted QC's might be a bit of a rarity.

Are the rejects because of insert transition mainly? I am looking for a good donor watch for dial and VR3185 movement. Can’t decide between V9F or VRF. The one advantage I can see is the V9F case can also be used for a good base for another build.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Are the rejects because of insert transition mainly? I am looking for a good donor watch for dial and VR3185 movement. Can’t decide between V9F or VRF. The one advantage I can see is the V9F case can also be used for a good base for another build.

Mostly the inserts yeah, although I'm seeing a few with wonky cyclops'. Datewheel isn't the best but I wouldn't say that's an individual QC flaw.

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
These QC pics lately...totally
Overexposed. That blue looks really bright. I saw a Pepsi rep today and I have to tell you, color reallllllly sticks out. I’d think that blue would be a big tell, if you care about such things

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

srhoque

28/11/18
These QC pics lately...totally
Overexposed. That blue looks really bright. I saw a Pepsi rep today and I have to tell you, color reallllllly sticks out. I’d think that blue would be a big tell, if you care about such things

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

+1. Just my 2 cents...
From all the Batman/batgirl reps (VRF, Noob, GMF or V9F) - None of them could be purchased based on insert decision. All the inserts are terrible (not even GMF in my eyes). You can do much better by put in an aftermarket insert with paint mod (Highly recommend you look at work done byNoleex )

Choose the one with acceptable (in you eyes) basics like movement, case, bracelet, dial, hands etc and then take on the insert project after you get the watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fervid

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
..... both ARF and VRF cases use the correct "loosen to tighten" movement screw system.

ARF do not have the cut out when it launched, unlike VR. Have they updated it to Gen spec already? I haven't seen a latest one, since I have my ARF.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
ARF do not have the cut out when it launched, unlike VR. Have they updated it to Gen spec already? I haven't seen a latest one, since I have my ARF.

I have only handled one and did not open it, but the cutout and case appear gen spec in the pictures on Intime and Puretime at least.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have only handled one and did not open it, but the cutout and case appear gen spec in the pictures on Intime and Puretime at least.

I've not seen an ARF GMT case with gen-spec cutouts and the screw only attachment arrangement. The pics at Intime do not show a cutout, and still show movement tabs being used.

Xlepi.jpg

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/6464-...h3186-chs.html

Puretime pics also show tabs and no cutout

XlIkE.jpg

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...h3186-chs.html

The cutout is pretty subtle, but it's pretty wide. VRF is the only one that has it AFAIK. V9F and GMF along with ARF also do not.

XlRCX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sickopsycho

Bobi01

2/2/19
X8QNj.jpg
X8pH4.jpg
Dear all...
i just received the QC pictures of Puretime for Batman V9F ... what do you think ???
please ... thanks

Really this SELs looks so sick, amazing, very tight and genlike.. Looks like this v9f have very nice SELs

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
KJ2020 Thanks for posting those blow ups showing ARF tabs. Looks like the new glasses prescription I got is not quite right! I wonder why any factory would go to all the trouble of designing a new case around a specific movement, and then use this alternative system. Would the cutouts for screw clearance just be an extra machining operation, so added cost and effort?

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
KJ2020 Thanks for posting those blow ups showing ARF tabs. Looks like the new glasses prescription I got is not quite right! I wonder why any factory would go to all the trouble of designing a new case around a specific movement, and then use this alternative system. Would the cutouts for screw clearance just be an extra machining operation, so added cost and effort?

I would imagine it boils down to cost. The extra development, machining etc for something 90% of buyers will never see... Then it might also have to do with the movement they built the case to take. A movement that takes tabbed holders might not fit the screw down type properly.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I would have to say added cost yes. The SH and VR movements are identical sizes and use the same screw hole threads. I just finished putting an SH3186 into a VRF case and I've put a VR3185 into an ARF case. You can use the ARF screws and tabs in either case but you can't use the VRF screws in the ARF case.

Here's a member adding the case cutout.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...8871005-116610-6-digit-experts-case-machining

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
+1. Just my 2 cents...
From all the Batman/batgirl reps (VRF, Noob, GMF or V9F) - None of them could be purchased based on insert decision. All the inserts are terrible (not even GMF in my eyes). You can do much better by put in an aftermarket insert with paint mod (Highly recommend you look at work done byNoleex )

Choose the one with acceptable (in you eyes) basics like movement, case, bracelet, dial, hands etc and then take on the insert project after you get the watch.

That’s all fine and dandy. You can buy a Toyota Corolla and drop 20 inch Porsche rims on it too. Do most people do that? Nope. What % of people do you think swap their bezel out that buy reps on here? It’s often not practical or even feasible for many to spend an additional $200 plus on a $400 watch, nor do many of us want to take the risk of cracking the bezel putting it on ourselves, nor lose the watch for 3-4 months while it gets work done. So even though all the bezels are “garbage,” there certainly is variability and one should still be critical of them. And quite frankly that blue on that bezel is near comical to me

Sent from the RWI App