• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Finally got my Batman back from my watchsmith last week. A screw was lose and had to be put back in place. Now everything runs smooth and steady. Worn it for a week and the movement barely lost some seconds. VR Movement is huge.

To me the bezel looks nice. Blue might not be that good, but I like the tone and for me the speedbumps are barely visible on the wrist.

The bracelet is not good though. The first segments after the SEL are still very stiff after an Oil-Bath sometimes and the „crown-part“ of the clasp can’t move freely because it is too narrow.

At least the main part of the bracelet is ok and the claps does not open itself and keeps the watch safely in space on my wrist.

Will buy an alternative Oyster-Bracelet soon anyway.

After all I love this watch. :)

4736ba9f4438ef13bd7762ee18ceb511.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Spongebob mod ASAP

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
ARF is still holding onto the SH3186 movement and a few newly released ones are having date flip issues. I have one now to work on and about all you can do is randomly swap calendar parts and see if the issue goes away. If not you are either looking at trying some gen parts or movement swap to VR3185. Then there's no guarantee ARF hands will fit the VR hands wheels. So personally I wouldn't buy an ARF and plan to use it OOTB right now.

The other top contender VRF, GMF and V9F LNs all use the VR3185 so you have to look at other aspects to see what you like best. All of them fall short of ARF case, bezel, insert and bracelet/clasp quality (one failed tube issue excepted).

So take your pick. If I had to pick one and couldn't mod a thing I would try a V9F. The insert is best IMO and the rest is on par with the others. But the GMF and VRF are fine too for OOTB. These reps have gotten so good we need not complain too much about any of them.

I don't feel any urgency to get an LN right now. No doubt I will at some point. If I were going to make a low budget combo build I would use an ARF caseset, bracelet, clasp and just swap in a whole VRF movement/dial/hands. Easy one step switch, hands fit, lume matches and isn't shock white like the ARF lume is.

Here's my LN, lol.

15718534717040.jpg

I won't be surprised for 2022 they release this exact combo GMT watch! Just like the cemit hehehe.

BeepDog

Horology Curious
20/6/15
Any news on the V9F's Pepsi ? I can't find anything about it online, I'm really hyped for this version tho, as all the others have flaws on the inserts

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Any news on the V9F's Pepsi ? I can't find anything about it online, I'm really hyped for this version tho, as all the others have flaws on the inserts

I haven't seen anything about it but I'm not expecting much. The preview pics of the V9F Pepsi insert are pretty bad.

Batman looks like it has speed bumps and blue color is too light. Pepsi is terrible.

CETI8.jpg

BeepDog

Horology Curious
20/6/15
I haven't seen anything about it but I'm not expecting much. The preview pics of the V9F Pepsi insert are pretty bad.

Oh damn indeed the pepsi insert seems to have speedbumps :(

That being said the V9F Batman looks kinda nice tho from the few QC pics i've seen

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
My V9F Batman Insert looks quite nice after a little modding by USD Plating:

60731ce7e602717a37b1a6a0b6fdeaf7.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
It is almost five month since the first release and there still is no BLRO Pepsi out. Maybe they know they screwed up with the insert first shown here. I hope they are reworking it from the bottom since then. So when they will release it, it will on par with the Noob and already has the powerful VR-Movement inside... :drool:I want to believe...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It is almost five month since the first release and there still is no BLRO Pepsi out. Maybe they know they screwed up with the insert first shown here. I hope they are reworking it from the bottom since then. So when they will release it, it will on par with the Noob and already has the powerful VR-Movement inside... :drool:I want to believe...

If VRF's Pepsi insert is any indication of what a lengthy delay produces, I wouldn't hold my breath.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8974242-vrf-pepsi-released

Reactions: Ernesteka

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Maybe they don’t want to repeat VRFs mistake as well. Got my hopes up on this and won’t buy a Noob Pepsi till January.