• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW V9F GMTs [pics inside] !!!

anorphirith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/09
Look like great, Once on wrisqt i think it's very difficult to see differences between Gen. however the blue is too pale. So maybe change the bezel.

who makes the best bezels ? how to source them ?
thanks

HuyTech

10/8/17
some where on Earth
Wtf man... Have a chat with them? I almost feel like this should've been your watch based on what happened.

It's Okay buddy, I guess when you complain too much they will takes less time on you. However, I got a apology note from TD about passing reject watch around, he said that should of never happens and will talk to his staff. As for the my update QC, I swear I got the same exact rejected watch, I don't know if they're screwing with me or what...but it's what it is. So, I've rejected and send them the link to your watch, asking them if I can get the same as your. Let just hope for the best, It's been over 2 month since I placed the order and yet nothing is done.....

Sometimes you get lucky and get a good one, but most of the time it's all shitty faulty watch, you get what you pay for I guess.....oh well, I've pick up a Gen Chocolate diamond dial jubilee Datejust 41 in the mean time. That should keep me happy for the time being.

Reactions: KJ2020

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
It's Okay buddy, I guess when you complain too much they will takes less time on you. However, I got a apology note from TD about passing reject watch around, he said that should of never happens and will talk to his staff. As for the my update QC, I swear I got the same exact rejected watch, I don't know if they're screwing with me or what...but it's what it is. So, I've rejected and send them the link to your watch, asking them if I can get the same as your. Let just hope for the best, It's been over 2 month since I placed the order and yet nothing is done.....

Sometimes you get lucky and get a good one, but most of the time it's all shitty faulty watch, you get what you pay for I guess.....oh well, I've pick up a Gen Chocolate diamond dial jubilee Datejust 41 in the mean time. That should keep me happy for the time being.

Congrats on the gen bro! I really hope they get something for you, otherwise maybe go for a GMF V3 on Jubilee, better insert too. You've had to wait such a long time :(

Reactions: KJ2020

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
VRF without VRF movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Question for ones who have seen both. Is better LN ARF with VR movement or V9F?

ARF LN Case+Bezel assembly+Clasp with VRF Movement+Dial (or GMF Dial)+Jubilee bracelet and after market insert (Spongebob or Noleex)

The Noob 126710 Jubilee barcelet is pretty good too (but change clasp to ARF)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
ARF LN Case+Bezel assembly+Clasp with VRF Movement+Dial (or GMF Dial)+Jubilee bracelet and after market insert (Spongebob or Noleex)

The Noob 126710 Jubilee barcelet is pretty good too (but change clasp to ARF)

Thanks brotherinho

anorphirith

31/7/09
so i was just told by a TD that the V9F sports a sa3186 movement ??

"V9F one uses sa3186 movement not VR3185"

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA

From what I've read here, it looks like the V9F *used* to have the SA movement in it, but a lot of folks have recently received QCs for the watch with a VR3185 in it. So, naturally, we assume that they have moved over to the better movement. Unfortunately, TDs are not always a great source of info on the watches they sell... or maybe it's entirely possible that they released some with VR3185s but only because they ran short of the SAs... although that's pretty unlikely.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
SA stands for Super Asia so its good. For instance noob and zzf are using identical 3135.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

VR3185 is a label RWI decided to use to differentiate the VRF GMT true clone movement from the SH3186. It is not a label used by factories or TDs, who call it an SA3186. The VR3185 as we call it, is in fact an Asian superclone so to be referred to as an SA3186 is entirely correct. It is engraved 3186 (for 116710 models) or 3285 (for 126710 models).

The number 3185 was chosen for the VR movement because its main GMT component, the click spring, is based on the gen 3185. The ARF SH3186 uses a rep click spring based on the gen 3186, a less robust part than the 3185 counterpart. This is what makes the VR3185 the preferred rep GMT true clone movement.

Gen jumping hour click springs compared

To make things even more complicated, there is a third GMT true clone movement out that was used briefly by GMF, which has been designated the SA3186. It has a proprietary jump click which provides hour jumping in the opposite direction of both VR3185 and SH3186 rep and both gen jump clicks. GMF appears to have stopped using this SA3186, recent GMF releases have the VR3185 installed. V9F has always used the VR3185 movement.

We should not get wrapped up too much in what a movement is called by whom, but just try to understand which one it is by visual inspection. Each has unique features that make them very easy to ID. The VR3185 is the only one with a gold colored balance staff shock absorber block, and it has a blue hairspring. The SH3186 does not have the gold colored shock block and until recently did not have a blue hairspring. It has been reported that a newer version of the SH3186 now has a blue hairspring. The GMF SA3186 has the regulator arm and beat corrector arm on the balance assembly in reversed positions from the other two movements, and has no red paint on the teeth of the reversing gears. Remember, this movement is not being used any more by GMF (or anyone else AFAIK) right now.

So let's make it really simple.

Gold shock block = VR movement = best
No gold shock block = SH movement = 2nd best

Early GMF models (rare) = SA movement = 3rd best

PFkZn.jpg

1ulOY.jpg

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
No they don't.

Noob subs use SA3135. ZZF subs use VR3135. SA3135 is bad, VR3135 is good.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Brotherman, take a deep breath and do a bit more reading. TDs list the Noob with an SA3135, but it has long been known that they use the movement we all call the VR3135, at least on recent production. Here you go: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...73336-help-identifying-noob-v10-3135-movement.

Also Cadows is an active and respectful member, so telling him to "stop spreading misinformation" would be a little over the top even if you weren't wrong this time. Let's all remember to take it easy and have fun with our shared weird hobby!

Everyone should consult KJ2020 's excellent comparison graphic, and look at the "balance staff shock absorber block," and everything will be clear. KJ man, it is great that you're so patient that you keep posting this in every thread where people get confused.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Brotherman, take a deep breath and do a bit more reading. TDs list the Noob with an SA3135, but it has long been known that they use the movement we all call the VR3135, at least on recent production. Here you go: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-3135-movement.

Also Cadows is an active and respectful member, so telling him to "stop spreading misinformation" would be a little over the top even if you weren't wrong this time. Let's all remember to take it easy and have fun with our shared weird hobby!

Firstly, I was unaware that Noob has upgraded their movements. They have been using SA3135s all the while previously. So for that I apologise and will ask for my original post to be amended. Thank you for pointing that out.

Secondly, Cadows is an active member, but hardly respectful. Feel free to browse his other comments. He is prone to making sweeping statements and passing them off as gospel truth without any substantiation, and has also given wrong info many times. I tend to just ignore such people whenever I can, but sometimes it's just too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: diamant and KJ2020