• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Black Submariner with date?

Legacyy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/20
I would recommend getting a Gen, too.
For me, it would be too risky to get caught with a Rep in such an high stakes environment.
Chrono24 is a great place to search a used watch.
Tons of criteria to select and safe to order

Gesendet von meinem ANE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: axel.gold

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
It's seems like no one here has worked in competitive high end sales where things like this matter. Sales is very different from other fields such as STEM / finance / IT and such, I need to make millionaires / billionaires trust me with their money. They tend to only want to deal with people they also view as successful / professional. The hipster with the Apple Watch is not going to get a single client, I know this because that's exactly what I have and was advised to stop wearing it because it looked unprofessional. Thanks for all the advice but based on the responses it seems like none of these watches can pass for a real one so this option wouldn't work for me. I'll look into buying an authentic used datejust or something similar.

You'd be surprised at the demographic of this forum. Let's just say that if you are wealthy and successful, you are not monolithic around here.

To the person who advised me to get ahead first then focus on cars and watches, we just live in different worlds and you don't understand my field so your advice wouldn't work for me. Cars and watches are given away as prizes in competitions at my place of work to top sales people all the time. Once I get to that level I wouldn't need to buy a cars/watche and other luxuries because it will be given to me. The hard part is standing out enough to get to the point where they trust me enough to give me a constant stream of clients so I can start to compete at the top level. Also as I mentioned the car has already helped tremendously (surprise! millionaires are more trusting of someone that drives a new luxury car over a 1995 civic), I also dress, look and act the part now, the only thing I think can help me fit in more is the watch now.

That would have been me. And again, you'd be surprised. Yes, I do understand your world. I co-own a communications agency which widely serves your sector (we may even have met?). Forget about the watch and car - it's more likely that your peers and superiors already know what sort of person you are regardless of what you are wearing.

Lastly I wanted to mention that it may be wiser to get information about peoples background before you blindly make assumptions. I'm in my early 30's and have spent most of my career in the engineering field where I made ~200k a year. I saved at about a 70% rate and can easily drop 15k on a Rolex if I wanted to be careless with my money. I'm not going to do that because as I stated before my goal is to retire by the age of 40 and it's the reason I changed my field in the first place. It seems like I was wrong in assuming this place would be filled with likeminded frugal people since it's a community based on saving money.

Your OP is a regular type here. We've seen it dozens of times before. A few weeks ago we had one of those lifestyle coaches who extorted money from weak men to teach them how to lie to women in order to have sex. His reasons for wanting the best rep were 100% identical to yours - and I do mean 100% identical.

Hoodwinking people is an ugly trait, which is far easier to pick up on than the legitimacy of the timepiece under your cuff.

You did the right thing by buying a real watch - you can sell it one day and may make some money on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saul Goodman

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
If you think wearing a $10k watch will impress the clients you're talking about, you're mistaken. They are much more interested in what you have to say and your mindset when investing in you as a realtor.

That being said, if you were making decent money and saved 70% of that then buy a 5-10k watch and understand you will not lose money on it once the time to sell comes. Why buy a rep at all?

P.S. Since it matters to you, I daily drive an S class. Good luck!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
None of those posts are in the first 30 pages of this forum. Also most of them are discussing older models and not the current model lineup. The only one I see that may have relevant information is the one from Jtime which I missed when searching, so thank you for posting that as I'm sure it will be helpful to some newer users that's still looking to go down this path.

Also like I stated I'm no longer going to get a rep because I cannot afford for someone to call me out because It will directly effect my career. I'm not sure why you're so mad that I wanted a rep that looked real. Isn't that the whole point of a rep and this forum? Had I known that they didn't look/feel real from the start then I wouldn't have started this post in the first place.

I still don't think you understand my job, I'm not trying to be a "sheep" and "show off" to my coworkers. I'm trying to project and certain image so I can be tasked with listings that require that level of success, there's a huge difference. I think you need to research how high level sales works before you reply again. I'll give you a real world example to try to help you understand although I'm sure it wouldn't do much.

Example - My management has a client that they're trying to impress to get a 100 million dollar contract. They decide to have one of us realtors take them out to a business dinner to try to gain some points and impress said client. These events normally cost the company thousands of dollars. Now my management has a choice to make. Lets say that all their realtors are at around the same skill level (you have to be in the top 1% of the world to survive in NYC). They have to choose whoever they think will make the company look the most impressive. Things like cars and watches 100% come into play in these types of situations. Simple things like having a S-class and a Rolex will give me the edge over someone that has an e-class and an Apple Watch. These things 100% matter in the real world when you're competing at the top level. Now imagine this, My boss chooses me and the client is a watch collector and realizes I have a fake Rolex. What do you think will happen? Something as simple as that can be career ending in my field.

Lastly I still don't think you understand the difference between successful and frugal. Warren Buffet lives in a 600k house, does that mean he's not successful? being frugal doesn't mean I'm not successful. I just try to be smart with my money.

I get it..fake it until you make it. Use the material things as goals or stepping stones to get where you need to go. We all pretend we don't judge..but let's be real. Most people decide to want to deal with you within the first 8 seconds, in service or retail. Peacocking is a good thing, I call it investing in yourself. Someone who is verbally quiet can be loud with their fitted suits, watches (material things), and let them ring loudly. I may be shallow but I won't deal with an unsuccessful person, noob. My first impression is always how they look, take care of themselves, speak, service, mannerism, and follow up. You already answered your question. I would not buy a watch I do not intend to keep, like a Datejust. You will have regrets later. Just buy a franken watch here in M2M forum. Sad part is you can't buy insurance for them, something to consider, in case you lose it or get robbed. Once you get through the door and business gets to the next level..buy yourself a real one..and so on and so on and so on...my two cents.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Came here to read opinions on the better sub rep, stayed for the arguments about success and expensive watches in professional environments.

My two cents: context is everything.

Reactions: axel.gold

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
:picard:
OP comes along asking for the best rep Sub and then lectures us about career moves, lifestyle, portraying an image blah blah and then talks about not taking the risk of getting caught in his business. He started the thread with asking for a rep and then settled on a used gen. So what the heck was the purpose of this thread?

Without judging the OP...any smart person would have figured out that "if" material things like a watch really mattered to move ahead, you would invest in a gen Rolex/AP/Patek and then sell it when required. Would have recouped most of your investment. Why come to a rep forum asking for Sub advice ;)

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
:picard:
OP comes along asking for the best rep Sub and then lectures us about career moves, lifestyle, portraying an image blah blah and then talks about not taking the risk of getting caught in his business. He started the thread with asking for a rep and then settled on a used gen. So what the heck was the purpose of this thread?

Without judging the OP...any smart person would have figured out that "if" material things like a watch really mattered to move ahead, you would invest in a gen Rolex/AP/Patek and then sell it when required. Would have recouped most of your investment. Why come to a rep forum asking for Sub advice ;)

I think he got exactly what he needed..he should go buy a ginault

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Since OP has the money, like other had said he should buy a pre-owned gen. It will work on the frugal part, if he purchased the gen sub at an OK price, wear it until he retires he will make his money back and the usage is free.

We can argue until the cows come home whether he needs the watch. As I get both side of the argument and I don't think anyone will win, what I do gather is, it seems we have some financially successful members here, I'm sure your time can be better utilised than kept arguing whether is OK or not to wear an apple watch or fitbit.

OP good luck with your search for a pre-owned. Pls PM me if you need advice/discussion on the gen as I'm a gen vintage Rolex collector.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
I decided to order a noob v8s with the 3135 movement to judge for myself since there's a lot of conflicting info here. I'll compare it to a real one and if I'm not happy I'll only be down $350. I considered getting the ZZF v2 but the XX next to the serial just screamed fake to me. I didn't see any difference between the noob v10 and the v8s other than the steel which looks exactly the same so I saw no reason to go with the v10.

I've had a few people tell me that a frankenrolex is almost impossible to spot from a genuine. My plan is to get the V8s and if everything else looks authentic then I'll replace the date wheel, bezel and crystal with authentic one.

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I decided to order a noob v8s with the 3135 movement to judge for myself since there's a lot of conflicting info here. I'll compare it to a real one and if I'm not happy I'll only be down $350. I considered getting the ZZF v2 but the XX next to the serial just screamed fake to me. I didn't see any difference between the noob v10 and the v8s other than the steel which looks exactly the same so I saw no reason to go with the v10.

I've had a few people tell me that a frankenrolex is almost impossible to spot from a genuine. My plan is to get the V8s and if everything else looks authentic then I'll replace the date wheel, bezel and crystal with authentic one.

Glad to hear you decided to go that route which is very interesting. The community has served its purpose and I see a new contributing member here who is already committed and has plans laid out for frankening his first watch.

But beware once you're halfway through with frankening you're V8S you'll find yourself looking for a gen bezel for your newly ordered Noob Daytona...

You won't be down 350 USD if you don't like you'll get your money back selling it here in a few hours.

Last_man_standing

Horology Curious
26/6/18
lol what an 180*. A leased mercedes and rep rolex - you certainly will be projecting an "image" .

Good luck with your new watch - for what it's worth I would never wear a rep in an environment where by your own admission people are comparing watches.

Just my .02 (which probably isn't worth too much considering how successful you are:p)

Reactions: brokebuthappy

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Your OP is a regular type here. We've seen it dozens of times before. A few weeks ago we had one of those lifestyle coaches who extorted money from weak men to teach them how to lie to women in order to have sex. His reasons for wanting the best rep were 100% identical to yours - and I do mean 100% identical.

Haha, Thanks for mentioning Derek I haven't thought of him since then. This thread was gold and now I have to laugh once again.
​​​​​​​

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Haha, Thanks for mentioning Derek I haven't thought of him since then. This thread was gold and now I have to laugh once again.

Yeah I think Derek is on government support right now as the dating scene probably got hit quite hard by the pandemic.

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
lol what an 180*. A leased mercedes and rep rolex - you certainly will be projecting an "image" .

Good luck with your new watch - for what it's worth I would never wear a rep in an environment where by your own admission people are comparing watches.

Just my .02 (which probably isn't worth too much considering how successful you are:p)

I think what many people here (yourself included) are doing is projecting their own insecurities on me. My reasons for wanting this is purely from the perspective of getting an edge in my career in a frugal way, other than that I don't care for these items. I feel like anyone replying negatively cannot comprehend this because their reasons for wanting a fake Rolex is different from mine, but in the end everyone is here for a fake Rolex for one reason or another, so I don't understand the hypocrisy. Also you mention "image" like it's something that doesn't exist, or you seem to be implying it's not needed. If that's the case then why do things like business attire exists in offices in the first place? according to your logic people should just go to work In t-shirts and shorts right? I don't understand why they don't...

To address the "leased Mercedes" statement, you realize just saying that shows you're probably a child or a person with no understanding of finances at all right? A luxury car is a piece of garbage that has no long term value. the MSRP of my car is $120k, If I were to purchase it I would be out almost 140k after fees and taxes. In three years I'd be lucky if I could sell it for 40k, so in total I'd throw away around 100k in three years. The other option Is to lease the same car and at the end of 3 years it would cost me around 35k in total. Which seems like the smarter option to you? Can you comprehend basic finances? Also keep in mind that I didn't buy this car to show off to my friends/family, I bought it to serve a purpose so your upcoming suggestion of buying a cheaper car with the 30k that I can keep for an extended period of time wouldn't work for me. This car is a tool that I use for my job, because of it I've been able to compete in the same level as my coworkers and land much higher contracts that would've otherwise not been available to me. I got to save 100k and on top of that It's already paid for itself multiple times over. That's the difference between being frugal and being a moron. It's also the same thing I'm trying to do with the watch, I'm trying to be frugal and not a moron. Sure the watch may hold it's value better but in the end it's still not worth it due to opportunity cost. Instead of dropping 15k on a watch that's going to be worth the same or less in 10 years I can invest that same 15k and have it grow to 30k-40k in 10 years, which is a better option?. In the end I'll buy a real one if I have to because it will easily pay for itself multiple times over the next few years, but why not try to save money and achieve the same outcome while also making money by investing the 15k I saved like I did with the 100k from the car? doesn't that make more sense to you? Also no one is directly comparing watches with each other in my office, but management takes stuff like that into consideration with assigning clients. That's what I meant by comparing watches. I already gave an example of this in another post.

Lastly you're right, your .02 means nothing to me because you clearly don't understand basic finances. Also you seem to not have a clear understanding of the high level sales world where materialistic things like this give you an edge over competitors on the same career level. Google NYC real estate agents and you will see the "image" is standard among the successful ones. That's not a point I have to defend as it's easily verified.

Last edited:
Reactions: philwongnz

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
You'd be surprised at the demographic of this forum. Let's just say that if you are wealthy and successful, you are not monolithic around here.

The funny part about this is I never said anyone was unsuccessful. I simply stated facts about myself to defend against the judgements thrown at me by members like you.

That would have been me. And again, you'd be surprised. Yes, I do understand your world. I co-own a communications agency which widely serves your sector (we may even have met?). Forget about the watch and car - it's more likely that your peers and superiors already know what sort of person you are regardless of what you are wearing.

Again making misguided judgements. You're making bold judgements of me because I'm inquiring about a fake watch in a forum that's about fake watches? the hypocrisy is unreal.

Hoodwinking people is an ugly trait, which is far easier to pick up on than the legitimacy of the timepiece under your cuff.

You did the right thing by buying a real watch - you can sell it one day and may make some money on it.

Again this forum is about fake watches, your reason for wanting a fake watch is not better than mine. you're projecting your insecurities on me because maybe "hoodwinking" people is your reason for buying a fake watch? It's definitely not mine, I clearly stated my reason in my first post which is to give me an edge in my field while also remaining frugal. I was planning to buy a Rolex regardless because I felt like it's the next logical step to advance my career. As a matter of fact last week when I started looking at my options I had every intention of buying a real preowned one because I didn't even know high quality fakes existed. While researching a real Rolex I found the term "franken" which eventually led me here. My reason for wanting a fake Rolex over a real one is all about being frugal, it has nothing to do with "hoodwinking" people with something I can't afford, because if fakes didn't exist I would have bought a real one regardless (heck, I still may have to).

Also you're a maniac for bringing up that example. What makes that person awful is not his reason for wanting a fake Rolex, it's his career choice. You went into so much detail about what that guy does for a living to try to project that image on me, but the difference is I'm a real estate agent. I'm not trying to trick women into having sex with me by using a fake Rolex because I can't afford an authentic. I hope you can understand the difference. If you actually wanted to make a point you could have said "Another guy had a similar situation where having a Rolex would give him an edge in his field so he wanted to explore the frugality of buying a high quality replica". Do you see how that doesn't sound as bad?

Lastly, out of curiosity what is your reason for buying these fake watches? you could easily buy watches with the same movements and craftsmanship for the same prices without the Rolex name attached to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: philwongnz

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
After all this reading I’m afraid not getting the successful look with my Audi A5 :(

Im here for the watch collecting, is more funny than impress your boss/clients and all that financial stuff.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The funny part about your post is I never said anyone was unsuccessful. I simply stated facts about myself to defend the judgements thrown at me by members like you.

Again making misguided judgements. You're making bold judgements of me because I'm inquiring about a fake watch in a forum that's about fake watches? the hypocrisy is unreal.

Again this forum is about fake watches, your reason for wanting a fake watch is not better than mine. you're projecting your insecurities on me because maybe "hoodwinking" people is your reason for buying a fake watch? It's definitely not mine, I clearly stated my reason in my first post which is to give me an edge in my field while also remaining frugal. I was planning to buy a Rolex regardless because I felt like it's the next logical step to advance my career. As a matter of fact last week when I started looking at my options I had every intention of buying a real preowned one because I didn't even know high quality fakes existed. While researching a real Rolex I found the term "franken" which eventually led me here. My reason for wanting a fake Rolex over a real one is all about being frugal, it has nothing to do with "hoodwinking" people with something I can't afford, because if fakes didn't exist I would have bought a real one regardless (heck, I still may have to).

Also you're a maniac for bringing up that example. What makes that person awful is not his reason for wanting a fake Rolex, it's his career choice. You went into so much detail about what that guy does for a living to try to project that image on me, but the difference is I'm a real estate agent. I'm not trying to trick women into having sex with me with a Rolex. I hope you can understand the difference. If you actually wanted to make a point you could have said "another guy also wanted to be frugal by buying a fake Rolex to have an edge in his field". Do you see how that doesn't sound as bad?

Lastly, out of curiosity what is your reason for buying these fake watches? you could easily buy watches with the same movements and craftsmanship for the same prices without the Rolex name attached to it.

Oh for goodness sake, where do I even.....

No, you never said anyone was unsuccessful (and I didn't say that you did), I just said that if you were you wouldn't be unique here.

No, I'm not making any judgements on you at all. What bit of what you quoted there was judgemental?

Well, I do think my reason for having reps (and genuine watches) is better than yours. I do it for my own enjoyment. I really love watches. You don't.

What an odd use of the word 'maniac'. I said the other guy's reason for wanting a fake watch was the same as yours - and it is. I didn't say that what you did for a living was the same as him. Read again what I wrote

I hope you are more attentive about what you read in your real estate job than you are in this thread.

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
Oh for goodness sake, where do I even.....

No, you never said anyone was unsuccessful (and I didn't say that you did), I just said that if you were you wouldn't be unique here.

No, I'm not making any judgements on you at all. What bit of what you quoted there was judgemental?

Well, I do think my reason for having reps (and genuine watches) is better than yours. I do it for my own enjoyment. I really love watches. You don't.

What an odd use of the word 'maniac'. I said the other guy's reason for wanting a fake watch was the same as yours - and it is. I didn't say that what you did for a living was the same as him. Read again what I wrote

I hope you are more attentive about what you read in your real estate job than you are in this thread.

The "You'd be surprised at the demographic of this forum." implied that I thought people were unsuccessful.

The " Forget about the watch and car - it's more likely that your peers and superiors already know what sort of person you are regardless of what you are wearing." part because you're making a judgement of me by implying that I'm somehow wrong in thinking materialistic things will help me, hence the reason you say they don't matter even though I already stated they do and the car has already landed me more contracts.

Then support the craft you love by buying real watches or non branded quality pieces that you can get for the same price as a fake Rolex. Buying fake watches is doing nothing but hurting the watch industry so I call BS on your reasoning. Get off your high horse.

I explained exactly and in detail why I used the word maniac. I also explained how my situation is different because I was planning to buy a Rolex regardless. Unlike that guy I don't need to buy a fake watch to "trick" anyone. I can easily afford an authentic but I was looking at the fake as an option to be frugal.

Again with the judgements, but fear not. less than 1% of realtors in the planet ever get to the level where they're dealing with 10-100 million dollar contracts so I must be attentive and doing something right to have made it this far, and I achieved most of it without a fancy car and watch unlike my peers.

Last edited:

brokebuthappy

24/2/20
Hahahhahahahahah

guys im successful I swear. I could buy a real one but I’m frugal. That’s all it is. I’m very smart at investing my wealth and a REAL one? Nah a rep is the smarter option. Also I’m successful I swear. I need one that will pass as real so my boss and clients won’t call me out as a fake. Also I’m successful
Anyways
What’s the best rep sub ?

Sent from my million dollar smart car BIGEGO

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
The "You'd be surprised at the demographic of this forum." implied that I thought people were unsuccessful.

The " Forget about the watch and car - it's more likely that your peers and superiors already know what sort of person you are regardless of what you are wearing." part because you're making a judgement of me by implying that I'm somehow wrong in thinking materialistic things will help me, hence the reason you say they don't matter even though I already stated they do and the car has already landed me more contracts.

Then support the craft you love by buying real watches or non branded quality pieces that you can get for the same price as a fake Rolex. Buying fake watches is doing nothing but hurting the watch industry so I call BS on your reasoning. Get off your high horse.

I explained exactly and in detail why I used the word maniac. I also explained how my situation is different because I was planning to buy a Rolex regardless. Unlike that guy I don't need to buy a fake watch to "trick" anyone. I can easily afford an authentic but I was looking at the fake as an option to be frugal.

Again with the judgements, but fear not. less than 1% of realtors in the planet ever get to the level where they're dealing with 10-100 million dollar contracts so I must be attentive and doing something right to have made it this far, and I achieved most of it without a fancy car and watch unlike my peers.

You're the worst. You just joined up and are picking fights. You have nothing to contribute here. Go away and be frugal somewhere else.