• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best replica 1680 dial for a gen 1680

Mr. Doug

Known Member
17/4/13
Hey gang!

I recently purchased another gen 1680. I should have never sold the one I had years ago, but things happen. Anyway, I got a great deal on a gen 1680, and want to add a "Red Sub" dial to it. In the past, Yuki had good dials, and I remember that. But is there someone that makes a better "Red Sub" dial that'll have the feet in the right position for a gen movement?

I bought one YEARS ago that is perfect, but has no lume and the feet are for an ETA movement. I'm happy to spend what I need to spend to get the right dial. The hands I have on this watch are white, so I can't go with a yellow-luted dial. OR, if there's someone that can modify the dial I have, and re-lume everything so it looks more vintage, that'd be great too. Just looking to make the most of the watch and the situation.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Hey gang!

I recently purchased another gen 1680. I should have never sold the one I had years ago, but things happen. Anyway, I got a great deal on a gen 1680, and want to add a "Red Sub" dial to it. In the past, Yuki had good dials, and I remember that. But is there someone that makes a better "Red Sub" dial that'll have the feet in the right position for a gen movement?

I bought one YEARS ago that is perfect, but has no lume and the feet are for an ETA movement. I'm happy to spend what I need to spend to get the right dial. The hands I have on this watch are white, so I can't go with a yellow-luted dial. OR, if there's someone that can modify the dial I have, and re-lume everything so it looks more vintage, that'd be great too. Just looking to make the most of the watch and the situation.

Thanks!

Honestly, if you have one that looks perfect to you, I’d just take that dial to a modder able to weld new feets in the correct position and relume it to match the hands.
Best bang for your buck! :p

Mr. Doug

Known Member
17/4/13
Honestly, if you have one that looks perfect to you, I’d just take that dial to a modder able to weld new feets in the correct position and relume it to match the hands.
Best bang for your buck! :p

Who can do this work though? I've searched the forum and can't find a recent thread where someone is doing this kind of work.

I just sent Phong a text to see how much. He didn't know what a "MK4" was. lol

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Who can do this work though? I've searched the forum and can't find a recent thread where someone is doing this kind of work.

There's a watchsmith section. Check who's in your country

Reactions: Nikz19

Tione12

11/6/19

Hey! It is the dial that says “1680 Open 6 matted Red-Submariner”