• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why not a 16610 Clone Production?

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
6e6b6b763ad7b8bd7a190220840bda5c.jpg
I’ve got a Ginault OR2 last month in less than 2 week turnaround lucky for me, the original seller dropped out so I bought it with the phase 1 discount, the OR2 now comes in a Swiss ETA 2824 or a SW200. Mine has ETA 2824, would love to turn it into a franken but it really is a stunning watch in its own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
6e6b6b763ad7b8bd7a190220840bda5c.jpg
I’ve got a Ginault OR2 last month in less than 2 week turnaround lucky for me, the original seller dropped out so I bought it with the phase 1 discount, the OR2 now comes in a Swiss ETA 2824 or a SW200. Mine has ETA 2824, would love to turn it into a franken but it really is a stunning watch in its own way.

What happened with their in-house movement? Did you buy it directly from Ginault? I dont like homages but these watches nocked me off my feet, especially no date

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
What happened with their in-house movement? Did you buy it directly from Ginault? I dont like homages but these watches nocked me off my feet, especially no date

My impression is that they got quite a few negative comments around YouTube and forums about using a 2824 clone, I think he then decided to start putting Swiss movements inside to give it the chance to rise popularity on his brand.

If you want one it’s best you get one soon, as news is suggesting he might stop production of his homage 5 digit and he is going to release his own Design.

It is nicknamed Silent Service.

I Bought Mine Directly from Ginault Themselves Via Facebook Messenger. I think I saved around 30% of RRP.

I Iike the No date too , However I Preferred A Date Window as I wanted to see the new quality crystal update compared to the OR1, Best thing about the watch for me is the Nicknamed Gold Sand Lume,

61be7b1712cf82f966359f9ea3676f40.jpg

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
My impression is that they got quite a few negative comments around YouTube and forums about using a 2824 clone, I think he then decided to start putting Swiss movements inside to give it the chance to rise popularity on his brand.

If you want one it’s best you get one soon, as news is suggesting he might stop production of his homage 5 digit and he is going to release his own Design.

It is nicknamed Silent Service.

I Bought Mine Directly from Ginault Themselves Via Facebook Messenger. I think I saved around 30% of RRP.

I Iike the No date too , However I Preferred A Date Window as I wanted to see the new quality crystal update compared to the OR1, Best thing about the watch for me is the Nicknamed Gold Sand Lume,

61be7b1712cf82f966359f9ea3676f40.jpg

They gave you discount? I talked to them yesterday they gave me price from their website.
I saw quite few selling on watch patrol. Are they trustworthy?

Reactions: Get2thechopper

houss1981

15/3/17
So ginault is the perfect base for a 16610 franken?
do you think they are forged in the usa or bought from china and assembeled by hand is the usa?

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
They gave you discount? I talked to them yesterday they gave me price from their website.
I saw quite few selling on watch patrol. Are they trustworthy?

That’s Strange, I hope he isn’t stopping production!

I always looked on watch patrol before I got mine but I guess the website is trustworthy.

Still haunts me to this day the fact I seen a Ginault no date for sale for $400 as the owner bleached his insert too much, by the time I messaged him it was sold already,

They are hand assembled in USA, however some parts are sourced from Asia, such as the clasp and insert

I think everything else is USA Made

DutchSUB

Supporter
Certified
30/10/14
[EU] Netherlands
Still haunts me to this day the fact I seen a Ginault no date for sale for $400 as the owner bleached his insert too much, by the time I messaged him it was sold already,

Was that 1 month ago from a guy in Denmark in the FB group?

Yeah bracelet is from Thailand, Case and assembly are made in USA. The Ginault 7275cal is china/usa made.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
That’s Strange, I hope he isn’t stopping production!

I always looked on watch patrol before I got mine but I guess the website is trustworthy.

They are hand assembled in USA, however some parts are sourced from Asia, such as the clasp and insert

I think everything else is USA Made

Guy on fb offered me one with ceramic insert for 850 EUR. In Ginault group they are selling them like hot cookies

DutchSUB

Supporter
Certified
30/10/14
[EU] Netherlands
Guy on fb offered me one with ceramic insert for 850 EUR. In Ginault group they are selling them like hot cookies

A OR2? Proberly a OR1 with a WSO ceramic insert.

Ginault has slowly rised their prices sinds starting in 2016/17.
From what i remember the or1 no dates where around €600 back then. (For doing a 300 words review)
And now there are no more discounts available.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
A OR2? Proberly a OR1 with a WSO ceramic insert.

Ginault has slowly rised their prices sinds starting in 2016/17.
From what i remember the or1 no dates where around €600 back then. (For doing a 300 words review)
And now there are no more discounts available.

Dont know their ref numbers but its with SW200 inside.
They say John (owner I guess) is giving discount if you email him directly. Dunno... nice watches but too expensive for a micro brand.

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
Just for the record, I was able to order a JF Kermit no rehaut engravings, a week ago, through a UK based dealer that operates through his own facebook page. The guy is a true watch addict and does some mods and stuff as well. I had mailed Andrew / Trusty Time the day before and he had told me that model was out of stock and unavailable.
I do not know whom he is getting the watch from - but I know he's been selling that model already many times, I saw it regularly in his "UK stock" in the past.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Just for the record, I was able to order a JF Kermit no rehaut engravings, a week ago, through a UK based dealer that operates through his own facebook page. The guy is a true watch addict and does some mods and stuff as well. I had mailed Andrew / Trusty Time the day before and he had told me that model was out of stock and unavailable.
I do not know whom he is getting the watch from - but I know he's been selling that model already many times, I saw it regularly in his "UK stock" in the past.

Are you talking about Dan perhaps?

kiz1

Renowned Member
9/11/15
I'm happy with my U1 Factory low beat when I want my 5 digit fix!!
ac44cad5c4b47850f3857f81e3beaad4.jpg
b835e2b3d1a53dbbfa049574dbbfdecb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk