• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why not a 16610 Clone Production?

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Was you able to build a franken where its not worth going gen?

Eventually I might to do an all gen parts build.

My two cents, the only good franken base now is a TC, a JF V2, or a Ginault. JF cases other than the V2 are pretty bad. The CGs are stubby, lugs are too low so the SEL fit is wrong (you even see new ones where the bracelet sits higher than the lug), and the rehaut is too shallow so the dial markers don't reflect properly in the crystal edge. The V2 case was fine, since the lugs were thicker and the CGs were the correct shape... but the rehaut was still a little short. The JF V2 is still the best OOTB 16610 if you can find one, but for a franken I'd try to find a TC or spend the $$ on a Ginault.

Alexfis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/20
I just spoke with KSwatches and he stated they are both discontinued!!!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

A bit bizzare, the dealer I use just sold me two...

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Eventually I might to do an all gen parts build.

My two cents, the only good franken base now is a TC, a JF V2, or a Ginault. JF cases other than the V2 are pretty bad. The CGs are stubby, lugs are too low so the SEL fit is wrong (you even see new ones where the bracelet sits higher than the lug), and the rehaut is too shallow so the dial markers don't reflect properly in the crystal edge. The V2 case was fine, since the lugs were thicker and the CGs were the correct shape... but the rehaut was still a little short. The JF V2 is still the best OOTB 16610 if you can find one, but for a franken I'd try to find a TC or spend the $$ on a Ginault.

Thanks for sharing the Ginault brand mate! Very nice divers. Are they using their own movement or its ETA based? One more question, do you think that dial looks exactly like Kermit (without print of course)?

Last edited:

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Thanks for sharing the Ginault brand mate! Very nice divers. Are they using their own movement or its ETA based? One more question, do you think that dial looks exactly like Kermit (without print of course)?

They claim to make an in-house movement, but I assume it's a modified 2824. Last time I discussed specs with them a couple years ago, the case was sized to hold a 3135 without a movement ring. So a VR3135 should be a drop-in fit. As for the dial, they claim to use a different type of lume than standard luminova or superluminova, but the style is definitely very Rolex!

Reactions: Cadows

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
They claim to make an in-house movement, but I assume it's a modified 2824. Last time I discussed specs with them a couple years ago, the case was sized to hold a 3135 without a movement ring. So a VR3135 should be a drop-in fit. As for the dial, they claim to use a different type of lume than standard luminova or superluminova, but the style is definitely very Rolex!

So with re-printing the dial to a Rolex and reluming you would get Kermit dial right? Cause its big indicies.what about bezel, can it take 16610 insert?
I was reading some posts on IG just now and people mostly say bad things about watch itself and Ginault didnt make any post since September. They could be out of business

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
So with re-printing the dial to a Rolex and reluming you would get Kermit dial right? Cause its big indicies.what about bezel, can it take 16610 insert?
I was reading some posts on IG just now and people mostly say bad things about watch itself and Ginault didnt make any post since September. They could be out of business

They aren’t out of business..... and yes it’s basically a 16610LV clone. Assuming you get the LV dial.... and a LV insert would fit the bezel just fine. Do some searching and you will see Ginault is actually pretty well known around these parts ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
They aren’t out of business..... and yes it’s basically a 16610LV clone. Assuming you get the LV dial.... and a LV insert would fit the bezel just fine. Do some searching and you will see Ginault is actually pretty well known around these parts ????

I could easily reprint the dial to LV but I really liked this brand as it is, very sexy divers. Just they discontinued some models and some models are prototypes...
I have sent them email to see what they got

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

This was their response:

”We actually have nothing in stock ready to ship atm, everything is build by the order, lead time is around 4 to 5 weeks after order confirmation”

they are doing so well LOL

Alexfis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/20
Its already discussed in this topic its not discontinued. Curently out of stock (Maybe your dealer had a private stock)
And did you get the LN, LV with it without rehaut ?

Nope not private stock, I am not quite sure why TDs are saying they cant get any. LV and LN (both I got) with rehaut though

DutchSUB

Supporter
Certified
30/10/14
[EU] Netherlands
I could easily reprint the dial to LV but I really liked this brand as it is, very sexy divers. Just they discontinued some models and some models are prototypes...
I have sent them email to see what they got

Ginault is gen spec. I have fitted a VR3135 last month with JF dial and gen crystal and insert.
They currently have Ocean Rover v2 in private sale ( i already had one and sold it) thats got a ceramic insert and modern sub bezel construction. If u want to use it as a base, get a OR1. You can even ask them to install a green aluminium insert ( aka kermit) the color is very nice. Dial and markers are very high quality. I dont suggest u try to reprint them. Because they will charge you $480 for just a new dial lol

CfDbk.jpg

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Ginault is gen spec. I have fitted a VR3135 last month with JF dial and gen crystal and insert.
They currently have Ocean Rover v2 in private sale ( i already had one and sold it) thats got a ceramic insert and modern sub bezel construction. If u want to use it as a base, get a OR1. You can even ask them to install a green aluminium insert ( aka kermit) the color is very nice. Dial and markers are very high quality. I dont suggest u try to reprint them. Because they will charge you $480 for just a new dial lol

CfDbk.jpg

I would reprint it myself thats not a problem but they have zero watches in stock lol