Why not a 16610 Clone Production?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not a 16610 Clone Production?

Question of the day - Why not a 16610 Clone Production?

Right now, the factories are putting out some AMAZING Reps - but why not revisit a classic?

The Rolex Submariner with no rehaut engraving in 904L steel and a VR3135 movement would be a hot seller for the factories - I have not seen a decent example last more than a day on the trade forum - so it would seem like a great idea for the factories to put together a clone of a classic.

Thoughts?

JF makes it.

Or at least, they used to. I just spoke to my TD who told me they are out of stock and probably not going to be made again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikz19 View Post
      JF makes it.

Or at least, they used to. I just spoke to my TD who told me they are out of stock and probably not going to be made again.
      Wow that would suck man.

Would love to see ZZF give it a try

Comment

It'll really suck if JF have stopped production of 5 digit Subs.

Sounds like we can all look forward to another factory stepping up and charging us an extra $200 for the same watches with a 904L sticker on. Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
          It'll really suck if JF have stopped production of 5 digit Subs.

Sounds like we can all look forward to another factory stepping up and charging us an extra $200 for the same watches with a 904L sticker on. Happy days!
          I really hope it’s just because of the moment we’re living.

I have soooo many projects that needs that base :/

Comment

Originally posted by Nikz19 View Post
            I really hope it’s just because of the moment we’re living.

I have soooo many projects that needs that base :/
            I'm 100% with you on that! I even planned to replace the TC case on one of my Frankens with JF.

Comment

JF already makes it with a nice price, that price and the lower price of the 5 digit Rolex parts compared to the modern ones makes possible to get a nice franken for 1500-2000€ which is my roof for a franken watch.

So I hope JF didn’t stop production. Really.

Comment

I'm 100% with you on that! I even planned to replace the TC case on one of my Frankens with JF.
                Why would you do that? TC cases are still a class up to JF ones right? (Wel depends on what TC case you have i guess)

Comment

Originally posted by FamousDutch View Post

Why would you do that? TC cases are still a class up to JF ones right? (Wel depends on what TC case you have i guess)
                  mmh if i wanted to go for a high modded franken i'd rather use a JF as a base, rather than a TC, mainly because of the 3135 clone
                  "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"

"You!"

Comment

Guess I shoudnt have sold my jf. Damn^^
                    But i guess sooner or later someone will step in.
                    You have reps for all kind of vintage Rolexes, should not be different with 5 digit subs.
                    Maybe in a few years we have Vietnam 5 digit parts
                    Last edited by Saul Goodman; 02-05-20, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousDutch View Post
                      I have Frankens based on both JF (SH3135) and TC v6 (Yuki 3135), and comparing the two cases directly with each other and with photos of gens, the JF case shape is better - particularly when viewed in profile.

I know it's sacrilege to say such things, but this is just my personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mari115 View Post

mmh if i wanted to go for a high modded franken i'd rather use a JF as a base, rather than a TC, mainly because of the 3135 clone
                        Well its smart to swap the SH movement to the VR3135.
                        And that fits in the TC case, did that 2 days ago.

But if i had a KH dial then i proberly swapped a ETA 2824-2 in it.

I have Frankens based on both JF (SH3135) and TC v6 (Yuki 3135), and comparing the two cases directly with each other and with photos of gens, the JF case shape is better - particularly when viewed in profile.

I know it's sacrilege to say such things, but this is just my personal opinion.
                        I have a Ginault now and a JF coming next week i hope (Stuck in the mail for some weeks arrggg)
                        So i can compare them together, and hope my conclusion would be the same.
                        Last edited by DutchSUB; 02-05-20, 10:51.

Comment

A true classic indeed! My franken based in a tc v6 case with the VR3135 movement. Everything fits like a glove!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking Beyeler 1985 dial!

Comment

You can still get a JF 16610 LN with rehaut from your TD's right now. But there are no JF's with NO REHAUT. They keep telling me they are out of stock, You could buy one thats available and sand off the rehaut i suppose.
                              "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Comment

Working...
                              X