• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Dial for 116610LV Hulk?

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
Hi I have a ZZF V2s Hulk and want to upgrade it with a better dial. Smoke said I should go with a GMF one but I really can't find any infos about that dial. Not in RWI, Repgeek , Reddit. Has someone some comparision pics?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
What don’t you like about ZZF dial? I think the ZZF hour makers are a game change and the slightly raises and textured lume is really nice.

GMF dials in general, look good in pictures but in real life when you inspect them closely on your wrist, you can see that the quality is not the same level as say ARF.

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
I actually like the ZZF Dial but the sunburst is sometimes to small in sunlight and the dial doesn't go Black and green like the gen so I was hopeing the GMF Dial will fix that

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I wouldn’t look too much into the sunburst thing. Gen is very dynamic and there is more than one variation. Nobody can prove ZZF sunburst is not similar to a particular gen batch variation.

It’s hard/impossible to define what gen should look like at any given angle or lighting.

All I can say about GMF watches in general, is that the hour makers are often dirty and the lume application is uneven/patchy (visible in daylight). This is how watchmakers and watch enthusiasts identify fakes....not by memorising the “tells” on every single rep release.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Pope

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I wouldn’t look too much into the sunburst thing. Gen is very dynamic and there is more than one variation. Nobody can prove ZZF sunburst is not similar to a particular gen batch variation.

It’s hard/impossible to define what gen should look like at any given angle or lighting.

All I can say about GMF watches in general, is that the hour makers are often dirty and the lume application is uneven/patchy (visible in daylight). This is how watchmakers and watch enthusiasts identify fakes....not by memorising the “tells” on every single rep release.

Sent from the RWI App

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
If I take a GMf dial I would use the ZZF Markers which shouldn’t be a problem. But I really can’t find any pics or comparison with other dials

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
If I take a GMf dial I would use the ZZF Markers which shouldn’t be a problem. But I really can’t find any pics or comparison with other dials

What [mention]mech500 [/mention]said. He’s owned a GEN LV too

Going way to deep with it I think, alot of trouble to go to over a slight different shade of black/green.
Unless you have a gen next to you it’s probably impossible to tell if your sunburst is correct or not.

the ZZF dial in entirety is very very nice. the ZZF hulk is the most Gen looking hulk rep (from pics) that I’ve seen probably the most Gen looking sub rep.
It’s more about how the watch looks as a whole.

Members have changed hulk dials for BP when the ARF release was new and a couple said it wasn’t worth the trouble. Ultimately it’s up to you.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19

Sent from the RWI App

There is no f*cking color variations

IMO one of the best dials is the VSF, it gets to the brighter tones as no other that I put my hands on:

80a34bbfd9375456e65d4ce69298b7aa.jpg

cf2dc2eda72761aa669c1d32ee05f046.jpg

As I said in the other post, the problem with previous reps of the LV sub is that they don’t get to the darker colors of the gen—- while the ZZF yes.

I said in the other post that most of the time the hulk shows really dark, only under heavy lighting conditions it shows the brightly green ( and that’s all of the vast majority of popular pics of the thing) But in reality the gen is so subtle.

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
Anyways, if your worry main worry is to be able to be the exact thing with gen in one hand and the zzf on the other, there is no way for that with a 6 digit rep. Even if you pay 4000€ for a gen dial.

Reps always feel lighter, less solid and cheaper than gen with one in each hand. Always. Holding one in each hand you know which is the rep always (in 6 digits)

For instance, when you get your zzf put it in one hand and in the other a gen no necessarily a Sub-c.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
There is no f*cking color variations

Can you prove that?

Internet picture comparisons are pointless unless you have both side by side in exactly the same angle.

I have the gen (have owned x2)...have seen at least two different colour variations in gen.

different levels of Exposure to UV light could also result in colour/shade differences in used gens that have been in circulation for the last 8years or so.

I think VRaf dial is completely off in real life. Nothing like gen. just my opinion

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Can you prove that?

Internet picture comparisons are pointless unless you have both side by side in exactly the same angle.

I have the gen (have owned x2)...have seen at least two different colour variations in gen.

different levels of Exposure to UV light could also result in colour/shade differences in used gens that have been in circulation for the last 8years or so.

I think VRaf dial is completely off in real life. Nothing like gen. just my opinion

I said the same yesterday, unless Rolex have stated somewhere there’s no colour variation then it’s just observation and opinion. Like everything is here.

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
Colleague from work owns an early 2011 almost one of the first ones arriving to ADs, I get mine in early 2017, friend of mine picked one on summer 2019. Putting 3 side by side no differences at all. (IN MY EYES)

Didn’t took comparison pics.
Never nobody asked me to compare my sub with theirs, btw.

That dial for me is just fine, is what I mean. I am able to do a life without a non accurate dial. In fact I Bought that for the bracelet and passed it taking a lost.

Obviously nothing compares to gen- I stated that before-regarding every model non only refering to LV-subC

Cheers

Reactions: Bobi01

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Good luck finding someone that can remove markers from dial A and attach them to dial B without scratching the dial or hour surrounds.

Sent from the RWI App

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

I think you misinterpreted what smoke said. Or I know he can be short so maybe you're just not getting the full scope of what he meant.

Also, there are like 35 threads comparing dials and inserts from every factory to gen. There are many many many threads you can read to view hulks of all kinds in all lighting conditions. You can see veery dial in every lighting condition. I suggest you scope those out until you develop your own opinion of the dials so you know what you like and you know what looks best and you know how they look in different lighting situations.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
LuoIsBoss He did a BP 28XX dial with ZZF markers. Looks amazing. I will be doing the same mod, will post pics when project is completed.

Reactions: FrankenLover

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
I have GMF 3135 dial.
But im not sure about it.

Reactions: wisedennis