• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 116610 V10S

Doc brown

1/11/17
I was looking forward to better SELS Lugs and bezel colour. DW looks nice. Thanks

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Really minor. The guy thinks that it’s a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Ok watching more of the video the reviewer made a great point of why many factories have been releasing subs. The reason is the parts factory start doing this open source thing so that it’s really easy to put together a sub just by outsourcing the parts. And he thinks that this v10s is not made by the real noob factory.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Ok watching more of the video the reviewer made a great point of why many factories have been releasing subs. The reason is the parts factory start doing this open source thing so that it’s really easy to put together a sub just by outsourcing the parts. And he thinks that this v10s is not made by the real noob factory.

None of the factories (Like Noob, ARF, ZZF) actually make the watch (this is teh case for all watch models). They design and then outsource parts manufacturing to 3rd party suppliers. Its doesn't make any commercial sense for Noob to make them because there are others who can make really good dials, bracelet or case or pins etc who have better economies of scale and expertise/tooling to manufacture. Noob/ARF gets these parts from such supplier and assembles the final product (watch). Such practices have been in effect for a while and this is one of the main reasons why reps are cheap because of the factoryline approach and machine produced parts. The reason as to why ARF makes excellent dials or bracelets or Noob makes the awesome 4130 movement is because they have exclusive relationship with skilled suppliers and not necessarily because they make it themselves.

Coming back to the video, I can't understand the guy at all but whenever he is holding 2 watches side-by-side, I can't seem to tell much differences (for both LN and LV Hulk).

Edit: Went back and watched the 2nd video link again. The bracelet clasp seems to have improved (assuming the left side watch is the newer one ;)). The coronet is a bit wider and the amount of coronet bottom protruding out now is more gen like. Pearl color is pretty white as well.

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
First of all thanks for tagging me with real Rolex experts. Well, it seems to me that giant woke up finally, after a long nap. And ive seen some major upgrades. Dial looks much better imo, case is best so far (smoke will correct me if im wrong), rehaut is improved, crystal looks much better, they made black whole finally although im not sure its correct 2.5x mag.
Hands also looks better, at least to my eye. Bracelet finish as well. Dont know which movement is in the house. Oh and Hulk dial looks excellent to me with new round hour marker. All in all I think this is a Noob comeback when it comes to Sub. My 1.5 cents ;)

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
No news for me. I would like to understand what the reviewer says to know what he is comparing. Hulk are completely wrong, too dark insert and the usual iridescent dial. Of the 116610 Noob I would only keep the case

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
LN insert have good engravings, with a Spongebob mod is perfect. But in all the rest the sub Noob loses all comparison with competitors. The perfect sub LN and LV for me today (excluding gen parts) is:

Noob case + ZZF dial and insert + ARF bezel and bracelet. Movement wich one you prefere ;-) it is inside the watch :D​​​​​​​

Reactions: One1 and XLR8R

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Removed* double post

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
LN insert have good engravings, with a Spongebob mod is perfect. But in all the rest the sub Noob loses all comparison with competitors. The perfect sub LN and LV for me today (excluding gen parts) is:

Noob case + ZZF dial and insert + ARF bezel and bracelet. Movement wich one you prefere ;-) it is inside the watch :D

Agree with you, but movement “must” be VR3135. There is no comparison here ;)

​​​​​​​Also, if you are keeping Noob case, I would keep Noob SEL.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
None of the factories (Like Noob, ARF, ZZF) actually make the watch (this is teh case for all watch models). They design and then outsource parts manufacturing to 3rd party suppliers. Its doesn't make any commercial sense for Noob to make them because there are others who can make really good dials, bracelet or case or pins etc who have better economies of scale and expertise/tooling to manufacture. Noob/ARF gets these parts from such supplier and assembles the final product (watch). Such practices have been in effect for a while and this is one of the main reasons why reps are cheap because of the factoryline approach and machine produced parts. The reason as to why ARF makes excellent dials or bracelets or Noob makes the awesome 4130 movement is because they have exclusive relationship with skilled suppliers and not necessarily because they make it themselves.

Coming back to the video, I can't understand the guy at all but whenever he is holding 2 watches side-by-side, I can't seem to tell much differences (for both LN and LV Hulk).

Edit: Went back and watched the 2nd video link again. The bracelet clasp seems to have improved (assuming the left side watch is the newer one ;)). The coronet is a bit wider and the amount of coronet bottom protruding out now is more gen like. Pearl color is pretty white as well.

Did I say noob makes the parts? I said the parts factory starts parts to public so it’s very easy for a party to put together a sub. And the price of the so called v10s is significantly lower than the v10. Being a native Chinese I know what this reviewer is talking about. I’m just the translator, no opinions.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17

Ok looked back I did say noob made the watch but I meant to say noob put together the watch.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
V10S in flesh from WeChat smoke KJ2020 legend ABC123 Cadows Mark1937 japer srhoque superyl sorry for mass tagging again guys.
XC7lX.jpg

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
XLR8R , what were you expecting them to comment on? The quality of the plastic wrap and rubber cushions? :confused: