• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytona bezel paint mod

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Hi,

I have a noob daytona, modded with ARF dial and bezel.

Unfortunately, my ARF bezel start to fade.... before to go with the clean factory bezel and put another 150 dollars in this watch, i want to try a paint mod.

For my research, i see the molotow paint mod with the silver metallic color, but all DIY i found, is for the submariner, did this color works also with the daytona one ? or i need another color (more white ?)

I see also that we can use the "Sharpie" mettalic silver pencil too, wich one is the better ? Sharpie or Molotow ?

If you have any other idea, feel free to tell me :)

Thanks for your input !

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The best Daytona paint mod I saw used Testors enamel paint mixed with thinner. Its a technique called capillary painting. The thinner helps the paint flow to all the cutout corners uniformly, then evaporates out. The paint was a mix of silver and white color. I'll try to find the link for the Daytona. Here's more info on capillary painting.

https://www.repgeek.com/keeping-up-...el-insert-paint-explorer-ii.html#post_3051106

Reactions: Sharki06

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Thanks !

But i want to keep it simple for now , i'm not very manual for this kind of exercise :D

I have buy a Sharpie silver metalic pen (since in France the molotow are difficult to obtain, sharpie was in stock immediatly) i will try when i receive it !

When i saw gen daytona bezel and submariner bezel, seems to my eyes it's the same platinum color used, so same color.

I will try and tell my result, and if it's trash i think i will go for the CF bezel :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020