• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW Franken Project - Datejust advise required

snake_eyez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/16
Hey fellow members,

Good to be back on RWI after a 2 year sabbatical. We had a baby so fam time was really taking up all my focus!

So far I have only purchased rep’s from TD’s. Every single watch is in great condition and working well.

I am now looking to get a franken build. DATEJUST 41 126334 ARF silver dial fluted bezel on jubilee bracelet.

I am looking for the following MODS:
  1. Gen date wheel
  2. Gen dial
  3. Gen tube
  4. Gen glass
  5. Clean up of watch mechanism
While I know the price of the watch is estimated USD 428 + shipping, I had the following queries:
  1. Who is a good trusted modder I can send the watch to who has previously worked on similar DJ models? Please keep in mind am currently posted in Sri Lanka.
  1. What is the estimated cost I shall incur for the abovementioned modifications?
  1. What is the (usual) timeline for finishing such a project?
  2. Is any one of the view that the hands should be modded as well?
I shall appreciate all the guidance and help that I can get. I hope to be more active on the forum again.

Thank you in advance!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
ARF hands are pretty good in their DJ41 126334 model, but gen hands take it to the next level. If you going gen dial, you might as well go gen on the hands as well. You will get perfect lume balance and WG color coordination.
interaktiv - Contact him to work on your watch. He is probably the most versatile and widely used watchmaker on this model. Also, he knows the pinion mods required to mount gen hands on a 2824 movement

Last edited:

Eledhwen

28/2/17
Does a gen dw fits in this watch? I’m looking to changed mine too

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
You won't find gen DW for 2824, you can use an overlay though.

Very interested in this thread though, I have the same intentions for my ARF blue dial, following.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Eledhwen

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

A gen Rolex 3235 fits (used as overlay). That’s what most people use for the modding projects with this model

Last edited:

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
A gen Rolex 3235 fits (used as overlay). That’s what most people use for the modding projects with this model

One question, I hope youll understand what im asking. Is date window at same distance from the center of the dial on datejust and sub? Is everything the same or there is some difference and if yes, what is it exactly? Thanks

snake_eyez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/16
Thank you all for your incredible and prompt replies. I think the overlay works for me. Alternatively, I shall opt for the other movement.

If you could also guide me as to the costing of these mods (estimated) that would be hugely helpful.

Thank you.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU

If you could also guide me as to the costing of these mods (estimated) that would be hugely helpful.

Thank you.

Check the watch parts sales section, you should find a DW other there. Expect more or less 130€ for it.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
going to closely follow this, want to do the same for my watch. although I believe mine is a BP