• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Rolex SUB 116610 and DateJust 41 126334

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
9/5 update, the Green SUB dial vs GEN

223111bepwuwy23efwe32x.png

223942mxz3b8y838u8bbbb.png

Looks like the same dial as ZZF, it has the X flaw in ROLEX

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Looks like the same dial as ZZF, it has the X flaw in ROLEX

The dial is actually made by CF and then sold to others. Looks like ZZF and now ZF factory both are using the same dial.

Based on all the progress updates I have seen so far - Didn’t see anything promising to the ZF model. ZZF already have it all. Maybe ZF makes a better case and bezel teeth and hopefully an ARF like bracelet.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and 2841

shortlegs

31/5/19
The dial is actually made by CF and then sold to others. Looks like ZZF and now ZF factory both are using the same dial.

Based on all the progress updates I have seen so far - Din’t see anything promising to the ZF model. ZZF already have it all. Maybe ZF makes a better case and bezel teeth and hopefully an ARF like bracelet.

Agree. The only things they can really improve on are the CGs and the bezel teeth. But if they do, without screwing up the other parts, man that'll be such a great rep!

Reactions: srhoque

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
ROLEX that 'X' can it still be improved?

Swiss Maiden

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/19
will ask the maker for pics :)

Thanks Kobe!

One question, do you know what type of movement will be housed in the Datejust? Will it be a 2824 like ARF, or a 2826? Thinking about how quickly the date change will occur at Midnight.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Thanks Kobe!

One question, do you know what type of movement will be housed in the Datejust? Will it be a 2824 like ARF, or a 2826? Thinking about how quickly the date change will occur at Midnight.

They will use 2836 and GMF V3 3235 movement :)

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They will use 2836 and GMF V3 3235 movement :)

I don't get the intention of "true" clone movements when you have a steel case back anyway. Why not just get the datewheel right in the first place, so users can later switch to an ETA and don't need to use gen parts at all? The gen 3235 is known for being a worse construction than the older 3135. No need to repeat the mistakes of Rolex...

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
I don't get the intention of "true" clone movements when you have a steel case back anyway. Why not just get the datewheel right in the first place, so users can later switch to an ETA and don't need to use gen parts at all? The gen 3235 is known for being a worse construction than the older 3135. No need to repeat the mistakes of Rolex...
How are you making that conclusion that 3235 is worse than 3135?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

ETA movements tend to have the stem sitting lower than gen, which means that the crown also sits lower and for watches with crown guards they end up having a different shape. True clones also allow to use gen parts such as gen date wheels (usually) without altering them. Finally they operate like the real movements

But yes they are not always as reliable and generally harder/more expensive to fix. Though the sa4130 or the vr3135 are very good

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
How are you making that conclusion that 3235 is worse than 3135?

That's actually a standard topic in two gen-forums I also read. Don't have personal experience, but many people have both and it seems that e.g. timekeeping is sometimes an issue with the 3235. The 3135 is described as "dead stable" in comparison.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
That's actually a standard topic in two gen-forums I also read. Don't have personal experience, but many people have both and it seems that e.g. timekeeping is sometimes an issue with the 3235. The 3135 is described as "dead stable" in comparison.
Not to go off topic but 3135 has been out for decades, I am pretty sure when it first came out it had minor issues that Rolex improved overtime like they typically do. 3235 is still relatively new and too soon to pass the judgment. I have 3 x 3235s, 1x 3285, and they are keeping excellent time and love the extra power reserve. The date change is more crisp in it than the 3135. There is minimum gear play when setting the time. The jumping hour hand on the gmt feels more solid than the 3186, which I also have.

Newbies complain about the rotor noise but that's bcz they don't know anything about ceramic bearings. My AP 3120 and Hublot Unico with ceramic bearings are equally loud.

In short, 3235 is a fantastic movement and a huge step up from 3135. That's coming from a Rolex trained watchmaker, not me personally but my very good friend.

Reactions: Dissemination

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17

Sorry do we have a true 3235 clone already? Puretime mentioned AR was developing it but it halt or drop the project, not sure why though.
If I not wrong currently Noob and other smaller makers are using ETA clones decorated to 3235 so to certain extent the '3235' can be replaced with an ETA, unless they heavily modified the ETA clones.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankenLover