• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer I 214270 39mm ARF vs. BP vs. others?

Skoglund

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/19
Sweden
Located in Sweden. The watch is now in Luxembourg, in my hands this week if everything goes as planned. Can't wait.

Will be posting pics when received.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I went with the BP last year and love the watch - looks superb. The bracelet is pretty decent and an oil bath helps too. The ARF bracelet on my Daytona is better, but I prefer the quality of the BP dial and the bracelet difference when on wrist is minimised. I'd make the same choice again.

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
Thanks.

PureTime doesn't have that model. They only have the Noob, ARF, and GMF. The Noob is on sale for $268.

Rippin6Gears

25/7/17
PNW
Thanks.

PureTime doesn't have that model. They only have the Noob, ARF, and GMF. The Noob is on sale for $268.

Supposedly GMF is from the same factory as BP... not sure anyone has reviewed GMF yet... I could be wrong

Sebi91

22/12/20
This ^

BP 316L gen Swiss ETA, this one will likely never leave my collection

15754995793461.jpg

This looks so great ! And you’re safe in terms of reliability thanks to the the gen ETA. Enjoyyy!

Limztf

13/10/12
Supposedly GMF is from the same factory as BP... not sure anyone has reviewed GMF yet... I could be wrong

Will be curious to get any confirmation about this as well.. if GMF uses a BP dial then could be a better choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgianCrusader.885CE

28/12/20
Dzveli Aryavurt
I think you better buy the EXPLORER I FOM BP IN 316L SS AND WITH THE A28XX MOVEMENT because there isn't really a big difference between the 904Land 316L but the 904l costs more and u don't even know if the 904 the use is really the 904 that ROLEX is using. About the movement the 3132 clone ones are more likely to break and are more expensive to service, but the 28xx are cheaper to service or you can even swap it with a Real SWISS MADE ETA

But the A3132 is also in fact a decorated A2824/36 , so how come it would be less reliable?

GeorgianCrusader.885CE

28/12/20
Dzveli Aryavurt
TE=bolts40;n9387592]I think its terrific. This picture makes it look more matte finish than it is in reality. I feel the dial is very close to gen. SEL fitment could be a bit better but overall I think the bracelet and clasp work and feel really nice. I believe GMF uses the BP dial. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]

Yes that is correct, they are sister factories and GMF uses the 'most accurate' BP dial, but I am wondering what are the differences between two apart from purported use of 904L Vs 316L ????

Reactions: toxoviper

Skoglund

25/10/19
Sweden
Hi!
Hope everything’s going good with y’all.
Got my BP Explorer I on the Tuesday after the Easter holiday ????
Everything’s going smooth so far, around 4/5 second + every day but that was to be expected. (QC had 6+ spd)
Arrived without any damages, same watch that i QC’ed, was worried the small things like the finishing was gonna be an issue while wearing it but it’s not even noticeable on the wrist. Not worth worrying over when you look back at it.

Went exploring with it the day after I received it. Down below is a Imgur album with some pictures I took while wearing it.

The watch itself was miles away from my expectation. Positively speaking of course. BP delivered a masterpiece.

Would recommend this to anyone thinking about getting the watch. Perfect sport model for people like me with smaller wrists, not to flashy and flies under the radar.

I hope my contribution is enough to make people in this thread who’s thinking about pulling the trigger, pulling it. Worth every dollar.

Quality: 10/10

Price: 10/10

As expected: 12/10.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7P3we39

Reactions: oay62 and BOSSK

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Hi!
Hope everything’s going good with y’all.
Got my BP Explorer I on the Tuesday after the Easter holiday ????
Everything’s going smooth so far, around 4/5 second + every day but that was to be expected. (QC had 6+ spd)
Arrived without any damages, same watch that i QC’ed, was worried the small things like the finishing was gonna be an issue while wearing it but it’s not even noticeable on the wrist. Not worth worrying over when you look back at it.

Went exploring with it the day after I received it. Down below is a Imgur album with some pictures I took while wearing it.

The watch itself was miles away from my expectation. Positively speaking of course. BP delivered a masterpiece.

Would recommend this to anyone thinking about getting the watch. Perfect sport model for people like me with smaller wrists, not to flashy and flies under the radar.

I hope my contribution is enough to make people in this thread who’s thinking about pulling the trigger, pulling it. Worth every dollar.

Quality: 10/10

Price: 10/10

As expected: 12/10.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7P3we39

Very nice watch. I was thinking about getting Explorer l but eventually bought Air King for my 7.25inch wrist. I think EX I would be a little too small for my wrist.
It can’t believe Rolex went back to 36mm EX I.

Skoglund

25/10/19
Sweden
Very nice watch. I was thinking about getting Explorer l but eventually bought Air King for my 7.25inch wrist. I think EX I would be a little too small for my wrist.
It can’t believe Rolex went back to 36mm EX I.

Air King was never on my mind to be honest. But looking at it now, it might be a second watch.

This "hobby" of mine is getting addicting.

If there ever will be a good replica of the recently released 36mm version, I'll be the first on it. Perfect watch for us with smaller wrists.
I feel like the 39mm versions fit my wrist perfectly.

Have a great sunday, friend.

Reactions: rcom440

Rippin6Gears

25/7/17
PNW
Just don’t let your wife drop it off the counter... it landed on the tile floor with the 3 6 and 9 numbers all floating around now. I guess the epoxy used by BP isn’t that strong.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
This ^

BP 316L gen Swiss ETA, this one will likely never leave my collection

15754995793461.jpg

Very nice piece from BP, I have one with 2813 movement and I’m going to sell it for funding a new project

Last edited:

Skoglund

25/10/19
Sweden
Hi! Picked up my watch today and realized it was going 2h 15 min too fast. This is outrageous. Haven't been in a brutal "hit" or absorbed any shock, haven't dropped it at all. What the actual fuck. How do I proceed from here? Do i contact my dealer or do I replace it on my own? What the fuck...

Reactions: ロベカル