• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf 16610

Daryl70

3/7/19
Without saying who makes the best sub. Whats the general view of the best ootb 16610. By what i can make out of old thread it seems to be the jf 16610 with no rehault engravings?

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
JF is the only option that u can buy from the TD's.
Otherwise you try to get a TC or WM9 pre-owned.

Daryl70

3/7/19
JF is the only option that u can buy from the TD's.
Otherwise you try to get a TC or WM9 pre-owned.

Ah ok i thought bp still made a 16610. Do you know what flaws the jf has? Ive read the crown guards and lugs are too thick? But you can send them to a modder to shave them down so there more gen like.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
If the BP is still around, it would be a less expensive option. TS Watch has a good selection of subs and you might look there or ask a TD if they can get a BP. The BP is ok, but the bezel construction is not gen like- but it's still a good looking watch. I always thought a BP with the Miyota 9015 movement would be a good beater watch- good movement and decent looks.
The JF is the best option these days, but you might have to get the movement serviced. As for reshaping the case, that's up to you- how much do you want to spend?

Reactions: tribal

freakyfrank

Known Member
13/11/14
Ah ok i thought bp still made a 16610. Do you know what flaws the jf has? Ive read the crown guards and lugs are too thick? But you can send them to a modder to shave them down so there more gen like.

i got jf with no rehaut, i think the only 2 things you need to do is change the datewheel and insert to gen. it really looks good with fairly low price.
you might find this link helpful. https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/283821-jf-16610-upgrade-guide.html

Reactions: Bellatorseo

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I think BP still make a 16610, but if I recall you can't replace parts with gen. If you want to do so then JF would be the way to go.

KJ2020 would know and wrote a post on the latest BPs

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP still makes 16610's, pretty much every combo possible. Black, green, blue, TT, FG, Serti dials

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7975966-just-in-bp-16613lb

They are decent watches. Crystal and bezel are not gen spec and will not take gen parts without modding. Also the ETA and DG versions have the dial date window shifted 1mm right (non-Rolex position). The 3135 versions have the dial date window placed correctly.

The JF will take a gen crystal without modding. It will not take a gen insert without it being sanded, which no one should do.

Daryl70

3/7/19
If the BP is still around, it would be a less expensive option. TS Watch has a good selection of subs and you might look there or ask a TD if they can get a BP. The BP is ok, but the bezel construction is not gen like- but it's still a good looking watch. I always thought a BP with the Miyota 9015 movement would be a good beater watch- good movement and decent looks.
The JF is the best option these days, but you might have to get the movement serviced. As for reshaping the case, that's up to you- how much do you want to spend?

To be honest i didnt want to go crazy with it maybe up to 1k?

Daryl70

3/7/19
BP still makes 16610's, pretty much every combo possible. Black, green, blue, TT, FG, Serti dials

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7975966-just-in-bp-16613lb

They are decent watches. Crystal and bezel are not gen spec and will not take gen parts without modding. Also the ETA and DG versions have the dial date window shifted 1mm right (non-Rolex position). The 3135 versions have the dial date window placed correctly.

The JF will take a gen crystal without modding. It will not take a gen insert without it being sanded, which no one should do.

thanks for the reply i must admit i wouldnt fancy sanding a gen insert to fit anyways ha

freakyfrank

Known Member
13/11/14
Great thanks for the link. Any idea on how much a gen datewheel and insert is?

I think 2 part together is not over 250usd. this 2 can easily found on the watch part sale section
the Insert is easy to change, you just need a knife to pop the bezel up. but becareful of the scratch when you do that.
changing the datewheel will need more advance tool, you may need to go to the watchsmith to change this part.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I think 2 part together is not over 250usd. this 2 can easily found on the watch part sale section
the Insert is easy to change, you just need a knife to pop the bezel up. but becareful of the scratch when you do that.
changing the datewheel will need more advance tool, you may need to go to the watchsmith to change this part.

It's not that easy. Gen insert don't fit straight in, JF bezel ring is a little bit too small. You need to shave the bezel ring (or the insert) to make them fit together. Or buy a startime/TC/gen one.
Same for the datewheel, it doesn't always fits the date seating (it didn't on mine). I ended buying a gen date seating (around 100/150€)

Reactions: KJ2020

freakyfrank

Known Member
13/11/14
It's not that easy. Gen insert don't fit straight in, JF bezel ring is a little bit too small. You need to shave the bezel ring (or the insert) to make them fit together. Or buy a startime/TC/gen one.
Same for the datewheel, it doesn't always fits the date seating (it didn't on mine). I ended buying a gen date seating (around 100/150€)

you make me curious that if the insert i bought is gen or not, lol. feel free to comment.
for datewheel, i follow this instruction https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-onto-jf-sh3135-no-sanding-no-gen-part-needed

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17

Yes i tried this method ! That why i ended buying a gen date seating, you need to be very gentle when moving the studs up. I ended breaking one.

Regarding the insert i don't have the eagle eyes some have here, but if it fits straight in a JF bezel ring it's suspicious. Note that JF LN version seems a bit wider than JF LV version, at least in my case. I bought a JF LN that needed shaving to fit the JF LV bezel ring.
Here some measurements i made (LV=JF, LN=GEN)

To be honest as i'm not so much an expert, when i buy gen parts i tried to find some that aren't widely reped, like a serif insert or a "Zubmariner" dial to be sure they are gen.

Reactions: freakyfrank

freakyfrank

Known Member
13/11/14
Yes i tried this method ! That why i ended buying a gen date seating, you need to be very gentle when moving the studs up. I ended breaking one.

Regarding the insert i don't have the eagle eyes some have here, but if it fits straight in a JF bezel ring it's suspicious. Note that JF LN version seems a bit wider than JF LV version, at least in my case. I bought a JF LN that needed shaving to fit the JF LV bezel ring.

To be honest as i'm not so much an expert, when i buy gen parts i tried to find some that aren't widely reped, like a serif insert or a "Zubmariner" dial to be sure they are gen.

i did break one of the stud, but i think the other 2 (may be 2 i cant remember) can hold the date wheel in place so i leave it like that. of couse there is a little play when i manually change the date.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Lucky you, mine was going out of the seating when changing the date

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13

Genuine Rolex inserts as well as JF LV insert snaps perfectly without any issues into my JF LN Bezel ring. So, its YMMV .

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Unfortunately i didn't measure my JF LN insert before shaving it, but yes it seems that the LN version is a bit better than the LV (no rehaut)