• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116500 QC pics: Please opine on fat subdial rings

robmack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/20
Hi, I received my QC pics for a 116500 white dial Noob v3. Looking at them, it appeared to me to be a v2 dial with fat subdial rings so I compared the photo against a known v3 dial reference picture. I confirmed in my mind that I was correct but the TD's opinion is differing from my assessment. Can I ask opinions whether this dial appears to be v3?
TD sample

Comparison to v3 reference image. Note the thicker 30 minute dial on the left versus the thinner right one

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
They look the same to me. Not fat.

Just take a look at the reference thread on this, if you want to compare "your" subdials to the fat version:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...b-v3-daytona-vs-gen-daytona-vs-arf-v2-daytona

The fat subdials are really obvious when you see them. Looking at, say, the 9 on the left subdial, the inner thickness of the black is the same to the left (inner side) of the 9 as it is on the right (outer) side.

Reactions: ssouthall6

robmack

22/2/20
Thanks. This is very helpful. I'd hate to refuse a watch based on my flawed assessment.

Reactions: p0pperini

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Mate - Yes, the v3 sundials are fat. Don’t reject just based on that because the batch is probably faulty. Good luck!!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Mate - Yes, the v3 sundials are fat. Don’t reject just based on that because the batch is probably faulty. Good luck!!
But the subdials in that top pic aren't fat...

robmack

22/2/20
p0pperini, using your example of the "9" on the left subdial, I looked at the thread you referenced and specifically at the comparison picture., I agree that the sample watch offered by the TD is closest to a V3 dial than a V1 dial.

@srhoque: What do you mean by "... the batch is probably faulty."? Faulty how?

Last edited:

robmack

22/2/20
I'll try to get this thread back on track. I need to accept or reject this watch real soon.

See these annotated photos:

Looking at my QC picture here:

It looks to me that it has asymmetric spacing on the "9", just like the picture on the left which means it's thin subdial type. Am I correct?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
yours is a V3 watch dial.
Version V1-V2 had too fat counters.
V2S had the right thickness counters, the V3 is less fat than the V1-V2 but fatter than the V2S.

Find V2 (fat version) ARF dial! ;-) and put on CF insert and ARF bracelet. It will be' perfect

robmack

22/2/20
Thank you very much, independent confirmation obtained.

I've bought the watch with the CF bezel installed, along with an ARF bracelet. All I need is an ARF dial; that's in plan for a future date. Right now, once I get the watch in hand, I'm getting it serviced and the money will go towards that instead of ARF dial.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Really?? maybe I am hallucinating ;)

No you're not hallucinating. It's really obvious when you see the gen, but not so clear in the rep.

Look on the inside of the subdial ring. The inner and outer edge of the rings is highly polished or lacquered. This gives it a gloss finish in jewellers light, making the subdial look thin, but Matt in normal light, making it look thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: srhoque

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
yours is a V3 watch dial.
Version V1-V2 had too fat counters.
V2S had the right thickness counters, the V3 is less fat than the V1-V2 but fatter than the V2S.

Find V2 (fat version) ARF dial! ;-) and put on CF insert and ARF bracelet. It will be' perfect

+ 100 have done the same..
Arf dail cf bezel gen gasket arf bracelet and a gen crown.
Never had a rep so stunning!
But my watchmaker fuckt my movement and now i have a stunning watch what I can’t wear..
And I can’t find a new movement anywhere..

Sent from the RWI App

robmack

22/2/20
@masterpiece777: Buy another Noob watch, get a trusted watchmaker to swap the movement and part out the remainder of the new watch including the old movement. You would recover some of the cost that way.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

10/10/13
+ 100 have done the same..
Arf dail cf bezel gen gasket arf bracelet and a gen crown.
Never had a rep so stunning!
But my watchmaker fuckt my movement and now i have a stunning watch what I can’t wear..
And I can’t find a new movement anywhere..

Sent from the RWI App

Find a new watchsmith before you go looking for movements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk