• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Help: Noob V3 Daytona Subdials looks okay? no? im blind... please help

Bellatorseo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/20
Hi, this my first purchase after joining. it has been a very educating process so far. and everyone has been very open to sharing their expertise.

everything else on this QC picture looked fine but I am wondering if my subdials look too big as some Noob Daytona seem.

any help would be much appreciated thank you all!

QC picture: picture with noob v3 on the left half and gen on the right half:

thank you

Pictures removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
QC pictures are not to compare the replica version you are buying to the gen watch to determine if it is accurate. It will never look exactly like the gen. QC photos are to make sure you are receiving the watch for which you paid and to make sure they are no glaring manufacturing defects with the watch. Please read RWI QC rules.

Reactions: Bellatorseo

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
he replica versio
it was just a side by side comparison to see if people thought this QC showed what people considered a big/fat subdial. i understand its a rep but did not have another rep to compare subdial size with.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
If you're concerned about the subdial diameter, then compare your QC with pics that you find on the forums and make your own mind up. There's a ton of info here, the point of which is to help you do your homework. As is stated time and time again, QC pics are not sent to you so you can post them for debate over tiny details, exactly as Cicero says, "QC photos are to make sure you are receiving the watch for which you paid and to make sure they are no glaring manufacturing defects with the watch". The subdial sizes on Noob dials are a known feature of Noobs, not a manufacturing defect. You should have made your mind up whether this is something you are happy to accept before ordering.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
it was just a side by side comparison to see if people thought this QC showed what people considered a big/fat subdial. i understand its a rep but did not have another rep to compare subdial size with.

Hey Mate - Looks like you did some reading before ordering the Noob watch. Unfortunately all recent Panda v3 versions have the fat sub dials (which has already been widely discussed on this forum). There are dedicated forum threads on the Rolex subsection on Daytona dial analysis. If this really stands out for you, get the latest ARF version and swap out dial.

Also, I am sure you are smart enough not to compare a $688 rep with a $13K watch ;) Sub-dial thickness is one of many issues but I am not opening that can of worms...

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
If you're concerned about the subdial diameter, then compare your QC with pics that you find on the forums and make your own mind up. There's a ton of info here, the point of which is to help you do your homework. As is stated time and time again, QC pics are not sent to you so you can post them for debate over tiny details, exactly as Cicero says, "QC photos are to make sure you are receiving the watch for which you paid and to make sure they are no glaring manufacturing defects with the watch". The subdial sizes on Noob dials are a known feature of Noobs, not a manufacturing defect. You should have made your mind up whether this is something you are happy to accept before ordering.

I accepted the watch.
what happened was, I let my newbie paranoia get the better of me. someone looking over the pictures with me mentioned that they looked fat and that maybe they are using v1 dial on the v3s..... but I decided if it didn't bother me initially(before that comment) it's not gonna bother me day to day.

thank you both for taking a look

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I let my newbie paranoia get the better of me.
That's fair enough - I still suffer from it, more than a year after I started collecting reps. It's good that you've been doing the research and are getting to know what's what. As srhoque says, if the Noob dial does bother you, then keep an eye out for an ARF on M2M or buy a new one, swap the dials and sell the ARF with the Noob dial to recoup some of the expense (which is what I did).

srhoque

28/11/18
That's fair enough - I still suffer from it, more than a year after I started collecting reps. It's good that you've been doing the research and are getting to know what's what. As srhoque says, if the Noob dial does bother you, then keep an eye out for an ARF on M2M or buy a new one, swap the dials and sell the ARF with the Noob dial to recoup some of the expense (which is what I did).

Which is what i did as well ;) But I got the early version ARF v2 which is a bit thin. Given the OCD I am, I still am on the look out for the recent version ARF dials with right thickness. This rep hobby is so stressful :D

srhoque

28/11/18
Hahahha what am i getting myself into!?

thank you for the feedback if the noob dial bothers me in-person, i'll go buy a ARF and just swap the xtal, dial, and clasp

Another bit for you - The ARF v2 bracelet fits perfectly now on the Noob v3 case (I just got the black 116500 and checked). So when you so desire - get the ARF watch and swap the dial, xtal and bracelet. Wear in good health mate!!

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hahahha what am i getting myself into!?

thank you for the feedback if the noob dial bothers me in-person, i'll go buy a ARF and just swap the xtal, dial, and clasp

Just remember you are buying a toy. It's a Chinese-made, replica watch. Being diagnosed with cancer or losing a job can be stressful. Buying a toy watch is not. Relax and enjoy it.

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
Another bit for you - The ARF v2 bracelet fits perfectly now on the Noob v3 case (I just got the black 116500 and checked). So when you so desire - get the ARF watch and swap the dial, xtal and bracelet. Wear in good health mate!!

Having a hard time getting responses from US based modders. I’m sure they are all busy. But once I have a modder for the work I may do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
Having a hard time getting responses from US based modders. I’m sure they are all busy. But once I have a modder for the work I may do that.

Contact misiekped He is US based. One of the most talented watchmakers in this forum, his knowledge and skills are on par with the best one can find. And he is a Daytona Guru!!

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
Contact misiekped He is US based. One of the most talented watchmakers in this forum, his knowledge and skills are on par with the best one can find. And he is a Daytona Guru!!

Yea I’ve PMed him. He is the only one everyone recommends. And expectedly probably very busy. If he can fit my project in, that’s ideal.