• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Yes it's a sub and a toolwatch as they say :) So far both of them have survived though mine are both LN's.

IMG-2364.jpg

IMG-2366.jpg

IMG-2346.jpg

Wow shit haha, that looks crisp. Im guessing thats salt water, amazing to see your LN looking like new with such exposure. Im gonna pull the trigger on a LV after seeing pics here and your LN. Been waiting 5 years for a decent ootb sub. Thanks for the pics mate, truly a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kalev007

jk1846

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/19
Wow shit haha, that looks crisp. Im guessing thats salt water, amazing to see your LN looking like new with such exposure. Im gonna pull the trigger on a LV after seeing pics here and your LN. Been waiting 5 years for a decent ootb sub. Thanks for the pics mate, truly a beauty.

I will agree with the guy that said his sub can take a beating because without a doubt mine can, I also clean the bezel numbers with a toothbrush several times a week and mine isn’t flaking at all, I just wish the white in the markets wasn’t as dull as it is, hell I cleaned it with a q Tio and bleach a couple times also, I do WD40 the bracket each time I clean it and let it sit overnight but lately because of a suggestion I found in this thread I believe after I wd40 it I will will coat it with Vaseline and I will admit the Vaseline is a game changer as far as how it makes the bracelet feel and move, I had my arf yacht master serviced and waterproofed because it was not working at all when I received it but the submariner I wear everyday I put on straight out of the box and didn’t have it serviced at all, I can’t speak to the durability of a noob or any other brand because the zzf is the first and only sub I have ever had, I know each watch is different and at times you get a bad one but I would definitely recommend the zzf to anyone who is considering purchasing

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I will agree with the guy that said his sub can take a beating because without a doubt mine can, I also clean the bezel numbers with a toothbrush several times a week and mine isn’t flaking at all, I just wish the white in the markets wasn’t as dull as it is, hell I cleaned it with a q Tio and bleach a couple times also, I do WD40 the bracket each time I clean it and let it sit overnight but lately because of a suggestion I found in this thread I believe after I wd40 it I will will coat it with Vaseline and I will admit the Vaseline is a game changer as far as how it makes the bracelet feel and move, I had my arf yacht master serviced and waterproofed because it was not working at all when I received it but the submariner I wear everyday I put on straight out of the box and didn’t have it serviced at all, I can’t speak to the durability of a noob or any other brand because the zzf is the first and only sub I have ever had, I know each watch is different and at times you get a bad one but I would definitely recommend the zzf to anyone who is considering purchasing

The vaseline was brought up by Akilles in another ZZF thread and it really did a wonder with the bracelet. If that trend will catch up in the rep community it will probably start to drive up the worldwide vaseline prices due to high demand.

Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I'm just glad the vaseline was tried by some brave members like you (agains all odds) and you found it working well!

b1c51e626d84579679ff46795bba3c54.jpg

Last edited:

Florentdell

Looking Around
30/6/20
Hi guys,

I have received my QC pics of my ZZF. I think that the triangle at 12 o clock on the bezel is distorted, faulty. Please what do you think ? Thankssss

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16

Im not a big fan of the vaseline and wd40 methods, simply because vaseline tend to create gunks of dust and wd40 is too harsh. I use mild soap and a fine toothbrush to clean my bracelet and gone is any squeaky noises, a ultrasonic bath will be better but i do not own one.

I am definitely on the fence for a ZZF, knocks ARF and Noob out just for the bezel. Other flaws i can live with. Im just waiting for ZF's release but i doubt i will go with ZF and they are known for poor QCs with AP PP and IWC.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Hi guys,

I have received my QC pics of my ZZF. I think that the triangle at 12 o clock on the bezel is distorted, faulty. Please what do you think ? Thankssss

Looks like lighting and angle to me. Ask for a close up of you still doubt it.

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
I think you need to read the rules, that's what I think. But to be honest, nothing wrong with tour watch. Looks great.

And another thing, don't freaking use WD40 on the watch, you really don't want any chemicals on the wrists....

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Nice to see they fixed the clasp code and serial positioning.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
So it is generally accepted ZZF is the best Hulk amongst all on the market right now?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I'm just glad the vaseline was tried by some brave members like you (agains all odds) and you found it working well!

Whoever asks I'm gonna name it Akilles Gen Spec Bracelet Vaseline Treatment or AGSBVT in short.

Has anyone else tried AGSBVT yet?

Last edited:

jk1846

25/12/19
What is the average power reserve of the V2s?

I haven’t actually timed the power reserve but the one I have is a minimum of 48 hrs because I haven’t touched it in a couple of days at times and it has not once died on me and keeps damn good time, I admit I may have just gotten lucky with the watch I received but it’s a tank I mean it’s solid as I have ever owned

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I haven’t actually timed the power reserve but the one I have is a minimum of 48 hrs because I haven’t touched it in a couple of days at times and it has not once died on me and keeps damn good time, I admit I may have just gotten lucky with the watch I received but it’s a tank I mean it’s solid as I have ever owned

Thank you, that’s what I am getting also from the no date sub

jack_sparrow

10/4/20

b1c51e626d84579679ff46795bba3c54.jpg

Does the vaseline help with really jammed glidelock? Have tried WD40 but still pretty jammed, didn't soak it overnight though.Trying to avoid doing that.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Does the vaseline help with really jammed glidelock? Have tried WD40 but still pretty jammed, didn't soak it overnight though.Trying to avoid doing that.
If it's jammed and you have tried WD40 I don't think vaseline will help, sorry.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

jack_sparrow

10/4/20
If it's jammed and you have tried WD40 I don't think vaseline will help, sorry.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Thanks, guess I'll have to soak it overnight then, just dreading the smell after that.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Just do a good wash afterwards

I personally prefer baby oil than WD40

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16

If your glidelock is unable to unlock, you just gotta use a flat screwdriver and pry it, I done that before, but i covered the tip with a cloth to prevent scratching it. If you are able to slide it, wd40 might help it with a little "exercise", otherwise the bar holding it might be damaged.

Reactions: DR Russell

JAW_CM

Horology Curious
14/6/20
I’ve been reading quite a bit about the ZZF V2S and the ARF V3 but can anyone tell me the differences between the ARF V3 and the ARF Max? Couldn’t seem to find anything on the search function.